What's new

How much of Pakistani culture is Indian?

WHAT?
I am sorry but that made no sense to me.
Expected. :P

So you have 1 God, but also 3.
We have 36000 gods. BEtter understand Hinduism before seeing it with islamic eyes.
You are supposed to be vegetarian yet you can eat meat.
Supposed? Who said so ? Brahmins ? They rule so the decide. :) I am not a brahmin. so it really doesnt matters to me. Some reason why Indians eat both veg and nonveg. Coz indians consist of all brahmins, vaishyas, shudras, muslims, sikhs, etc etc

Even historically, brahmins were the influencers but not the decision makers. Decision makers were the kshatriyas who tthemselves were hardcore non veggies. Again I ask you to do basic research then come and debate.

THere was a time when the untouchables ruled the land? Can you give me any point in anyone's history when gutter cleaners, butchers and undertakers used to rule the land and the scholars and professionals were ruled?

I said shaivyas ruled. Shaivyas are those who worship SHIVA, vaishnavs are those who worship Vishnu and Brahmins those who worshipped Brahma.

Even your IVC civilization were shaivyas. U being a pakistani shud know bout ur history. Who was worshipped in sindhu valley before buddhism ? Thats why those ppl dint mind eating Beef.

And I you clearly don't understand what evolution is, because what you described is certainly not Evolution. Don't make up crap, tie it in with modern science and expect people to not question you.
Evolution is simply defined as 'a phenomenon which takes its course as per the surrounding which is completely natural to happen'. Now associate this with my earlier sentences. :)
And don't make declarations on other religion that you clearly don't know the answer to.
I can say a lot of crap about what Hindus supposedly believe, but my religion forbids me to lie about others. Guess we don't share those morals.

What you said bout your religion and what it forbids totally is oblivious to the current reality. Otherwise muslims wudnt had been the *** whipping ducks for the entire world. If what u said was so true, muslims wud had been the most peaceful religion in da world. Some reason its not. :)

Expected. :P

We have 36000 gods. BEtter understand Hinduism before seeing it with islamic eyes.

Supposed? Who said so ? Brahmins ? They rule so the decide. :) I am not a brahmin. so it really doesnt matters to me. Some reason why Indians eat both veg and nonveg. Coz indians consist of all brahmins, vaishyas, shudras, muslims, sikhs, etc etc

Even historically, brahmins were the influencers but not the decision makers. Decision makers were the kshatriyas who tthemselves were hardcore non veggies. Again I ask you to do basic research then come and debate.

I said shaivyas ruled. Shaivyas are those who worship SHIVA, vaishnavs are those who worship Vishnu and Brahmins those who worshipped Brahma.

Even your IVC civilization were shaivyas. U being a pakistani shud know bout ur history. Who was worshipped in sindhu valley before buddhism ? Thats why those ppl dint mind eating Beef.

Evolution is simply defined as 'a phenomenon which takes its course as per the surrounding which is completely natural to happen'. Now associate this with my earlier sentences. :)

What you said bout your religion and what it forbids totally is oblivious to the current reality. Otherwise muslims wudnt had been the *** whipping ducks for the entire world. If what u said was so true, muslims wud had been the most peaceful religion in da world. Some reason its not. :)

These guys think they were decedents of foreign invader army and so the obsession continues.......:cheers:

While on the subject of Indian culture (whatever that means), can someone please explain when, why and how Bharat pita (father) became Bharat mata (mother)?

How did he become her? Doesn't make any sense! Bharat is a guy's name, Bharat was a king who supposedly ruled the Indian sub continent once upon a time. When and why did the switch happen?

Bharatiyya means decedents of Bharat king. Where as Bharat Mata means name of country where decendents of Bharat lives. Hindus call their rivers and places with female names.

Yes, Pakistan has ancient history, maybe Pakistan and India share some roots, but now we are two different things. Anyway, India became independent from Britain in 1947 anyway. How much of Indian culture is British?

Yes british are the ones who brought Gita,Vedas and other religious texts we follow and we also celebrate their national days as ours. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG! Where did you guys study? Which classes did you stop in? SERIOUSLY you people can not even differentiate culture and religion???!

I can understand Hindus because their culture is embedded with their religion so they can't find the line between the 2...BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU LOT WHO say you are not HINDUS?

Furthermore, just because you lost the line between culture and religion, DOESN'T mean that it is the case for EVERYONE!

ANYONE can be a MUSLIM and anyother race!

We have Indian Muslims, Chinese Muslims, Thai Muslims, Malaysian Muslims, American Muslims, Jamaican Muslims, European Muslims, Arab Muslims just like any other religion!

Now before any person says ARAB CULTURE ARAB MUSLIM OR ISLAM is ARAB's! PLEASE just leave that mouth shut! It is pure ignorance to a degree undescribable! AND STARTING TO GET ANNOYING!!

Arab culture? Well, when Islam spread from Arab lands, their religion became their culture like your Hindus in India! So, when we have an Islamic culture it is not ARAB culture it is Islam's culture! Like if an American adapts Hinduism or Buddhism he doesnt become INDIAN he adapts HINDU culture not INDIAN culture!

Please get that line right!

Next, What exactly is INDIAN culture? If you are talking about Hindu culture of pooja, singing and dancing in front of the gods (I took this example as it is in your movies and dramas)...ALL THAT is Hindu CULTURE not INDIAN! Because Indians are also Christians and Buddhists and Muslims!

AND MIND YOU...Recently on other threads, people have discussed about how other cultures seem similar....So, IT MAY be that similarity that smears your judgement?

I am actually get sick of this IVC being dragged along in everyother thread! Is there no other examples you can give?

I am also sick of Indians ACCUSING Pakistanis of adapting ISLAMIC CULTURE or as they put it Arab culture! Islam ruled India for 800 years! 800 ODD YEARS and you do not adapt anything! TALK ABOUT RIGIDITY and then Indians say they are flexible? Seriously?

All, I am saying is GROW UP!

OMG! Where did you guys study? Which classes did you stop in? SERIOUSLY you people can not even differentiate culture and religion???!

I can understand Hindus because their culture is embedded with their religion so they can't find the line between the 2...BUT WHAT ABOUT YOU LOT WHO say you are not HINDUS?

Furthermore, just because you lost the line between culture and religion, DOESN'T mean that it is the case for EVERYONE!

ANYONE can be a MUSLIM and anyother race!

We have Indian Muslims, Chinese Muslims, Thai Muslims, Malaysian Muslims, American Muslims, Jamaican Muslims, European Muslims, Arab Muslims just like any other religion!

Now before any person says ARAB CULTURE ARAB MUSLIM OR ISLAM is ARAB's! PLEASE just leave that mouth shut! It is pure ignorance to a degree undescribable! AND STARTING TO GET ANNOYING!!

Arab culture? Well, when Islam spread from Arab lands, their religion became their culture like your Hindus in India! So, when we have an Islamic culture it is not ARAB culture it is Islam's culture! Like if an American adapts Hinduism or Buddhism he doesnt become INDIAN he adapts HINDU culture not INDIAN culture!

Please get that line right!

Next, What exactly is INDIAN culture? If you are talking about Hindu culture of pooja, singing and dancing in front of the gods (I took this example as it is in your movies and dramas)...ALL THAT is Hindu CULTURE not INDIAN! Because Indians are also Christians and Buddhists and Muslims!

AND MIND YOU...Recently on other threads, people have discussed about how other cultures seem similar....So, IT MAY be that similarity that smears your judgement?

I am actually get sick of this IVC being dragged along in everyother thread! Is there no other examples you can give?

I am also sick of Indians ACCUSING Pakistanis of adapting ISLAMIC CULTURE or as they put it Arab culture! Islam ruled India for 800 years! 800 ODD YEARS and you do not adapt anything! TALK ABOUT RIGIDITY and then Indians say they are flexible? Seriously?
All, I am saying is GROW UP!

Lol...Read from the start !!
Same things/posts are repeated on PDF for 1000s times .
Dont be serious about it. Its just another day on PDF. :enjoy:

And agree 100% with your post, except the bold part. Pakistani culture resembles to or can be said is derative of Indian culture but some Pakistani members think that they are from mars, everything good part their culture has is their own while crap parts is from indian culture.

India is not a Hindu country, it is place where multireligious multirace peoples & cultures dwells. We never deny islamic influence on our culture, our culture is much influenced by islam as well as christianity but the it never lost its hindu essence. While on other hand,Our indian culture too influenced islamic stuff which is widely followed or is popular in present day pakistan . For example Urdu Shayari, qawaallis flourished in india just because indian influence on it which is now popular in Pakistan.

1.The most obvious one will be language.Urdu,the most spoken language in Pakistan,originated from Khariboli of Delhi region.
2.The Indian media has got into the Pakistani households these days,the daily soaps as well as the movies.And tele-media is a powerful and perhaps the most effective channel affecting culture.We all got 'westernized' upto a certain degree mainly due to Western media.
3.Classical music and dance in Pakistan have got heavy Indian influence(Not talking about Junoon-type sufi-rock here).

Indian needs to check their culture first their Bollywood movies are not just copy of western movies in all aspects so and their youth follows bollywood a lot and also the old culture which many times they show as their own are of those invaders who kicked their *** for hundreds of years so Indians need to check their culture first before telling us

Every Islamic Invasion which came from outside south asia came through punjab and sindh and they came here after kicking the ***** of the people there :lol:

Talon should go back to Naswar thread. This thread is for holy wars only.

The mind boggles at the amount of calisthenics (semantic, linguistic, racial, historical, cultural) Pakistanis have been saddled with as price for getting a country of their own.

Not complaining.

Its a price both sides would readily pay in the current cicumstances.

From Weddings to Religious events such as Eid celebration Indian cultural dominates in Pakistani Society! Bollywood is perhaps the most discussed topic after politics and personal issues and here we are claiming to have "indigenous" culture? Indian (so called) Muslim celebrities are looked upon as ideals of the society and for almost everyone Sharuk khan Slman Khan are their kings. Im sorry but our society is proving itself to be failures which is losing its identity to Indian and western culture and here we are declaring them our number 1 enemies? These days its a norm to have a premarital relationship and if you dont then you are abnormal which also proves that we are subliminally pursing Indian lifestyle.

A classic example of some one who does not understand his own culture.

There are similarities between some aspects of Pakistani culture with American, British, Arab, Turkish, Iranian and you name it. All these countries may have similarities with Indian culture as well.

Naming some names and calling them kings in Pakistan - who are these guys. I have only heard some of these names for the first time here on this forum. Where do you come from tin horn. You are talking through your A$$ and spreading stink - nothing more.

Pakistani culture is Pakistani and is not how much of it is Indian.

WHAT CRAP.

People have written books on culture of Pakistan - one such marvelous book has been written by Mr. Khan Ahmed Shuja Pasha, one of the great writers this country has produced.

Tum kon hai yaar. Angrezi bolnay aur likhnay ka ye matlab nahin ke apnay upar hi thukna shuru kar do.

Agar yehi kuch karna hai to is thuk ko chatna bhi seekho.

1.The most obvious one will be language.Urdu,the most spoken language in Pakistan,originated from Khariboli of Delhi region.
2.The Indian media has got into the Pakistani households these days,the daily soaps as well as the movies.And tele-media is a powerful and perhaps the most effective channel affecting culture.We all got 'westernized' upto a certain degree mainly due to Western media.
3.Classical music and dance in Pakistan have got heavy Indian influence(Not talking about Junoon-type sufi-rock here).

You are again at it.

Urdu did not originate from Khariboli. Khariboli is only a part of it. This is a Lashkari language and emanated from the Muslim Lashkars that invading India. Because the Muslims belonged to different hues and could not understand each other well, a common language emanated and was used by soldiers of these Muslim Lashkars. At a later stage certain aspects of Khariboli became part of it.

Please don't spread false historical perspectives.

Ticker, tin horn maane?

Tin horn mane tin horn.

What more is there to understand?

Do you realize why most of the Indian Muslim members have stopped participating on the forum?

Well I would take a guess that it's because of the things they have to hear about their religion from fellow "countrymen".

I never thought I would be in agreement with you on anything but I do have to say that you might very well be right on this one.

Why don't you go and tell one of your countrymen that his religion is "repackaged"?

We obviously don't care, and you're not going to change anyone's religion amongst Pakistanis.

Good point. The only ones we hurt are those we claim as our own.

You are again at it.

Urdu did not originate from Khariboli. Khariboli is only a part of it. This is a Lashkari language and emanated from the Muslim Lashkars that invading India. Because the Muslims belonged to different hues and could not understand each other well, a common language emanated and was used by soldiers of these Muslim Lashkars. At a later stage certain aspects of Khariboli became part of it.

Please don't spread false historical perspectives.

Tin horn mane tin horn.

Again making the same mistakes.Probably you are not aware about what is going on in your country these days.A lot of clean-up of history is going on,rectifying the mistakes and half-truths and downright false-hoods that used to be taught there.Good to see the increase in awareness.So far as the origin of the language is concerned,here what the Pakistani newpaper DAWN has to say about it : Urdu’s origin: it’s not a ‘camp language’

Back
Top Bottom