What's new

How much of Pakistani culture is Indian?

I am curious to know: which parts of your culture has descended from the IVC? None of ours has, except for a very dubious identification of one seal with Siva, and of a speculation that the language of the seals might be a Dravidian language, or an Indo-Aryan.

Can you list some features?

There are artifacts such as Dancing girl in temples which is a tradition in hindu culture. The script which was found in IVC has similarities with Dravidian languages.

Well for one there was elements of IVC stolen by Hinduism such as worshipping of cow and the Swastika.. .There are also proof Vedas may have been written in Pakistan

Wrong again, Vedas mention the significance of Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati not River Sindhu.
If you feel any of your culture or religion was stolen you are free to embrace it. :agree:

I know I promised not to use the word, but the IVC thread was so much on a different plane.

This one is a cheap pretender, with posters remain politically correct or predictably obnoxious.

After all men always need women's shoulder to prove superiority or the inferiority even in the topics such as culture.......:rofl:

More than half of any "culture" comes from women.

How much time do fathers actually spend with their children?

Dont get me wrong. A lot of core values and early wider (out of house) outlooks one gets mainly from dads.

But you become what you are in the first 7 years of your life.

The rest is just version control.

100% agree with both posts.
Woman means Motherhood is next to Godliness , no culture no tradition can exist without her glory or without proper co-operation from her.

One poster asked what is Pakistani culture and Indian culture ? Many things Indian Muslims follow are same as Pakistani Muslims. The difference is due to geo-graphical change as locality and neighbors, number of other religions' people, income, education etc.

The culture in remote village of northern India will be different with remote village in southern India. Leave Muslims, you can see huge difference in Hindus rituals and way of living.
multi cultures with in the political bounday of a country cant be lumped together to identify as single unit say indian culture or pakistani culture.

More than half of any "culture" comes from women.

How much time do fathers actually spend with their children?

Dont get me wrong. A lot of core values and early wider (out of house) outlooks one gets mainly from dads.

But you become what you are in the first 7 years of your life.

The rest is just version control.
In a sense we create the shield for men

Civilt%C3%A0ValleIndoMappa.png

Hinduism is an ancient Pakistani religion.

Exactly! Apart from Gujarat and parts of Indian Punjab and Rajasthan are only states where IVC took place.

Isn't it ironic that the river that gives India its' name also flows in Pakistan? Most of their Vedas were written in Pakistan? Earliest Hindu idols and scriptures were founded in Pakistan?

Their religion/their culture in fact their very own identity is because of Pakistan and then they say Pakistanis have identity crisis :P lool

Yes it was but we got what we wanted their internal fight doesn't matter.

He demanded a name of any king from present day Pakistan who ruled india i gave him two.

The Mughals were Pakistanis? What is one to do with this nincompoop? Your place of birth doesn't make your nationality, nincompoop.

Babur - Andijan
Human - Kabul
Akbar - Umerkot
Jahangir - Fatehpur Sikri
Shah Jahan - Lahore
Aurangzeb - Dahod

If we go by your logic, four out of the first six were NOT Pakistani. Want me to extend the list?

In a sense we create the shield for men

Equally in many ways you perpetuate the ills done to your gender, till you actually become the victim and the oppressor by proxy.

When I say direct conflict I mean conflict for you people, to be a Muslim and follow Islam you people cannot follow the ancient culture of the land..I can be a Hindu and pray to Allah cause Hinduism is all inclusive and isn't rule based, where as you can't be a Muslim and do Yoga which is the ancient culture of the land

I would love to see you do that in front of a Purist hindu.. he'd probably cast you out.
The Saints that converted Indians did so my using the mediums that were common.. they did not reject Music,Singing or whatever aspects outright.. but rather found ways to use .. those cultural aspects of then India.. to transmit the message of Islam through
those mediums. And they had unprecedented success.. all over.. not just confined to a single Indian race.

As for the second part.. who told you that? under what authority.. what logic?

Identity crisis takes a toll Joe Sir. Hindus population decreasing in Pakistan is something they feel proud of. The whole world knows about Upanishads and Vedas but for some it doesn't matter. They call themselves IVC holder, Muslims that ruled India and what not.

Ask any Arab or Persian and they can answer what the reality is. In this land of India, Jainism and most importantly Buddhism flourished.

What is irritating me is the incredible STUPIDITY of some of these posts.

Back
Top Bottom