What's new

How many Pakistani PDF members were opposed to CPEC from beginning?

How many Pakistani PDF members were opposed to CPEC from beginning?

• I am one of those Pakistanis who opposed CPEC from beginning.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • I am a Pakistani and I was for CPEC from beginning.

Votes: 115 91.3%

• Total voters
China is not Japan. Even third world countries like India and Pakistan can learn nothing from China.
i read my commet again .in fact , i did not found these sentences that china is japan or pakistan and india shuold learn something from china. so what did you mean.

Stupid question.....How lopsided is your question especially the 2nd option.
Randi Indian gagaman style tamasha
Idiotic and loaded poll, but expected from an oh-so-clever Indian poster. You don't have to "trust the media" in order to see the obvious benefits of CPEC. Please take your bs elsewhere.
Well your own poll has over 90% support for CPEC ... if you include the margin or error of 10% of indians voting as pakistanis ... then its 100 % support for CPEC... now you can give up on your sadistic obsession against CPEC... as a confused indian muslim with an identity crisis.
Now a bharti troll will question Pakistanis on developments that happens in Pakistan.

Even though I'm neutral on CPEC (by neutral I mean I support things that are in the interests of Pakistan and benificial to Chinese brothers too against things that are only benificial to one party and loss for other). But I don't need to be part of this poll.
CPEC looks like a done deal for Pak like her army, ISI, nukes, missiles, JFs etc. No matter how many draw backs are shown or resistance is put are the Pak folks parting with them?????
Is this an Aamir Khan show?
This poll became meaningless after some moderator distorted the second alternative.

Originally the second voting option read:

I am a Pakistani and I trusted the integrity of Pakistani media. Hence I was for CPEC from beginning.

@PAKISTANFOREVER

This poll became meaningless after some moderator distorted the second alternative.

Originally the second voting option read:

I am a Pakistani and I trusted the integrity of Pakistani media. Hence I was for CPEC from beginning.

@PaklovesTurkiye

I voted "yes" not because of the stupid Pakistani media which I rarely bother with - although I like Herald magazine. I was for CPEC from day one because of my own reasons which were -

• It would open the door to Chinese influence inside Pakistan. The Chinese are athiest. I don't like mullah politics. So that introduces the tantalizing equation of +-=X or plus minus equals ex where plus is Chinese influence and minus is mullah politics and X is the level of religious obscurantism inside Pakistan. Therefore greater the plus it reduces X. That is like a gift from heavens for secularists inside Pakistan. This means we begin the long road to secular society.

• Because China is next door Chinese influence would permeate into all aspects of Pakistani society. That means way doing business and the economy would over time reconfigure itself. Not only would Pakistani's become more business like rather than ummah like but it would encourage competion and innovation that over time would change Pakistan's political economy and state. Win win.

• With this much investment China would never allow Pakistan to turn into a religious hell hole. Therefore efectively CPEC is insurance policy. China would behind closed doors exert pressure on Pak ruling elite to take the path of progress.

• Other investors would be more confident of investing money as they say China ploughing in billions.
Human affairs rarely follow the exact nature of mathematics...the best way to reduce "mullahism" is for Pakistanis to do it themselves...not from outside...

I voted "yes" not because of the stupid Pakistani media which I rarely bother with - although I like Herald magazine. I was for CPEC from day one because of my own reasons which were -

• It would open the door to Chinese influence inside Pakistan. The Chinese are athiest. I don't like mullah politics. So that introduces the tantalizing equation of +-=X or plus minus equals ex where plus is Chinese influence and minus is mullah politics and X is the level of religious obscurantism inside Pakistan. Therefore greater the plus it reduces X. That is like a gift from heavens for secularists inside Pakistan. This means we begin the long road to secular society.

• Because China is next door Chinese influence would permeate into all aspects of Pakistani society. That means way doing business and the economy would over time reconfigure itself. Not only would Pakistani's become more business like rather than ummah like but it would encourage competion and innovation that over time would change Pakistan's political economy and state. Win win.

• With this much investment China would never allow Pakistan to turn into a religious hell hole. Therefore efectively CPEC is insurance policy. China would behind closed doors exert pressure on Pak ruling elite to take the path of progress.

• Other investors would be more confident of investing money as they say China ploughing in billions.
Very well said

In long run, the infrastructure of Pakistan will be developed but Pakistan will be under huge debt. I don't think Pakistan economy will be big enough in future to pay back those loans to China. Also the money for transporting Chinese Good via Land and Gwadar will Not be sufficient enough to finish off these loans and this toll money alone cannot revive the economy. The dreams of creating economical/industrial zones will remain dreams. Thus CPEC will become one of the many lost dreams which pakistani nation has seen since 1947. But the blame goes to Corrupt Pakistani politicians who were corrupt to the core and on top, they were never visionary.

In future, the relationship between Pakistan and China will also cool down once China starts asking Pakistan to pay back their loans and Pakistan will not have money to return them. Then Pakistan has to give what Sri Lanka gave i.e. Ports and other assets.

No you're wrong. China never count on the investment to be fully profitable, that's impossible, even inside China, there are a lot of infrastructure projects under heavy debt. CEPC is more like a strategic national project that in the long run will guarantee China energy safty and homeland security, you should have bigger picture. I work in the bank and i know if you are not capable of repaying loans to bank, the only one worries is bank, because the bank doesn't want default to happen, they will keep on making new loans for you to repay the old debt, this is a cycle, you're the last one to worry about the debt!!!

Also if I made the loan to you, I will do investigation under due diligence in case of my asset to be ruined by any possible risks. So China will try best to stabilize the social circumstances and eleminate any turbulence inside Pakistan and creat an atmosphere of protecting and promoting business. This is good for Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom