What's new

How India's growth will outpace China's - The Economist

To many it may seem a dream, but I firmly believe that in about a decade or a little more, India and China will be reliable partners

I agree... in fact, I think we act as partners even today. Look at Copenhagen for instance, where China and India together faced down the entire developed world and won. :cheers:

Sure, the Chinese government sometimes "needles" India to show support to Pakistan, and vice versa. I don't deny that there are problems on both sides.

The bottom line is this: China and India are the two economic superpowers of the future, and cooperation between us will become more and more essential as time goes on. The only other alternative is nuclear war, in which everyone loses... neither of us wants that.

I agree... in fact, I think we act as partners even today. Look at Copenhagen for instance, where China and India together faced down the entire developed world and won. :cheers:

Sure, the Chinese government sometimes "needles" India to show support to Pakistan. I don't deny that there are problems on both sides.

The bottom line is this: China and India are the two economic superpowers of the future, and cooperation between us will become more and more essential as time goes on. The only other alternative is nuclear war, in which everyone loses... neither of us wants that.

Oye balle balle.... the chinese invaded Tibet in '59 & Bharat Mata in '62... Indians Tibetans will take revenge.... count down going on....

Guys, could everybody please stop digressing? Let's stick to the topic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The article touts too much about Indian demographic advantages.

In fact, Indian demography may well be the obstacle to India’s further development.

According to UN data, UNICEF - India - Statistics from 2003-2007, Indian youth (age 15-24) has a literacy rate of 82% ((87+77)/2). This group of people is very important. As in next 20-30 years, they will be the corner stone of labor market and are the indicator of potential future of the country. Yet, they will have about 20% of illiteracy.

Vast illiterate with young age is actually an evil force of destabilization to the society: they are often unemployed, but full of energy and easy to commit crime to contribute to the economy negatively. Unlike in an authoritarian country where people are relatively controlled, in a democratic country, it is worse as rampant media can easily mislead them into being extremists or other kinds of criminals. Moreover, India’s democracy is infamously rambunctious.

In addition, India is notorious in lacking of fund for agricultural irrigation build and improvement. Food may be a problem to feed the vast mass. Bear in mind that malnutrition and hunger have dealt a devastating impact on India’s population today, rendering many of the people unable to contribute to the economy, but becoming the burden of the country.

In contrast, from the same set of data, Chinese youth has 99% literacy and the country is moving cautiously towards a rational democracy with sound demographic base. In addition, China’s manufacture is moving towards higher-end where brain capability such as knowledge and experiences are more important than physical capability. A living example is that Japan is a much-aged society than China, but with a much better economy.

Thus, it is wrong or not quite right to use demography to predict that India’s future economy will be better than China’s.

Oye balle balle.... the chinese invaded Tibet in '59 & Bharat Mata in '62... Indians Tibetans will take revenge.... count down going on....
stupid-tee-shirt.jpg

O Yeah India gonna defeat china yeahhhhhhh:taz:
Seriously,How old are you?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Vast illiterate with young age is actually an evil force of destabilization to the society: they are often unemployed, but full of energy and easy to commit crime to contribute to the economy negatively. Unlike in an authoritarian country where people are relatively controlled, in a democratic country, it is worse as rampant media can easily mislead them into being extremists or other kinds of criminals.

I wouldn't agree to your argument about the unskilled labor work force. Even in an economy like the US, there is a significant requirement for a workforce who are unskilled. Similarly India also requires this workforce for its economy. Although I agree that they are susceptible for taking the wrong path and are easily swayed... but what if they are engaged in the economy?

These days I see many youth who were deprived of education during their childhood and now working in the cities as unskilled labor. All of them vow to make sure their children are educated so that they will have a bright future. Everyone realizes the value of education these days.... 10 years from now you will see a significant change in the literacy stats in the rural areas who will eventually contribute to the economy.

In addition, India is notorious in lacking of fund for agricultural irrigation build and improvement. Food may be a problem to feed the vast mass. Bear in mind that malnutrition and hunger have dealt a devastating impact on India’s population today, rendering many of the people unable to contribute to the economy, but becoming the burden of the country.
India realizes that there is a lack in agricultural revolution and is currently focusing on repeating the "Green Revolution" that it successfully conducted in Punjab and Haryana states back in 60s and 70s. This should ensure food security for the masses.

Improving Sino-Indian relations is desirable but it should not come at the expense of Pakistan. China and Pakistan have been loyal to each other for decades, through thick and thin. Pakistan deserves China's respect and support. For the sake of argument, if China were to abandon Pakistan as some of you advocate, would China ever be considered reliable? Who in the world would want a fickle ally?

Improving Sino-Indian relations is desirable but it should not come at the expense of Pakistan. China and Pakistan have been loyal to each other for decades, through thick and thin. Pakistan deserves China's respect and support. For the sake of argument, if China were to abandon Pakistan as some of you advocate, would China ever be considered reliable? Who in the world would want a fickle ally?

Exactly right, which is why I said this on the previous page:

China has had Pakistan as an ally for decades, we can't just give up our old allies, that isn't possible.

The best thing for me personally, would be for China/India/Pakistan to all form a united Asia. If Europe could do it, why can't we do it too? That would truly be the Asian Century. :cheers:

I kept silence for a while, because I know, sometimes silence conveys messages better than words. My message to the concerned party has been conveyed.

If anyone goes through the thread, will certainly notice who are those guys who advocate China should abandon Pakistan for the sake of india. I wanted those double faced guys to be marked.

You know, when you don't know where a sniper is, you need to compromise your status slightly to locate him. Without locating the sniper you can't target him. This is strategy.

@twocents,

Decoy worked well.

I hate division, but it appears sometimes its necessity.

@twocents,

Decoy worked well.

I hate division, but it appears sometimes its necessity.

Challenger, you were busted on the first few pages of this thread.

You even said that Tibetans and Uyghurs are Chinese, but that Hans are NOT Chinese!

And thats how the Tibetans and the Uighurs as well as Hui people all are Chinese apart from the Hans.

If you think that Hans are not Chinese then you have no clue about China.

In one of your previous posts you were saying chinese wordhip india since chinese are buddhists and they worship buddha who is an indian!Seems you dont know anything about budha or buddhism or china.Are you really an indian?Stop your hate mongering posts and try to get a life..dude.

Back
Top Bottom