What's new

How India's growth will outpace China's - The Economist

Are you saying racism does not exist in China?

No obviously not. Learn to read buddy, I said YOU should renounce racism.

Chinese people are really really rude. They don't care about others.

That was not being racist, Chinese people are rude, its a fact I have noticed it among Chinese in this country and many people have noticed it in China.

look at how it is on here, people usually Chinese calling people ignorant and stupid when they dont agree with them.

Is my spelling so important to you? that you need to troll behind me and check every word and derail threads. Perhaps you are just trying to censor what ever I say like the Chinese goverments does to 1.3 billion people.

On the contrary, we like what you say very, very much. Buwhahahaha.

On the contrary, we like what you say very, very much. Buwhahahaha.

It's funny because despite his best efforts, he is doing a fantastic job at making his country look bad. :azn:

It's like challenger, he is achieving the exact opposite of what he set out to do.

It's funny because despite his best efforts, he is doing a fantastic job at making his country look bad. :azn:

It's like challenger, he is achieving the exact opposite of what he set out to do.

I'd say we lock the two in the same room and see if China or America had the better troll. :D Either way I'd be happy since if my homeland doesn't win, my motherland will :D.

I'd say we lock the two in the same room and see if China or America had the better troll. :D Either way I'd be happy since if my homeland doesn't win, my motherland will :D.

Yeah but challenger wasn't Chinese remember, he even admitted it himself.

We need to find another one for this purpose. :azn:

ChinaChina would be a good bet, he started attacking "overseas Chinese" and claiming that HK was not a part of China... then the moderators found out that he himself was living in the UK, and they got rid of him lol.

I will let my Chinese friends fight it out with the one-sided Captain, but here is another article from the Times.

India vs. China: Whose Economy Is Better?

I will not post the whole article here... just the paragraphs which merit highlighting.

The Chinese economy historically outpaces India's by just about every measure. China's fast-acting government implements new policies with blinding speed, making India's fractured political system appear sluggish and chaotic. Beijing's shiny new airport and wide freeways are models of modern development, contrasting sharply with the sagging infrastructure of New Delhi and Mumbai.
Everyone agrees with this point as it is the reality and there is no denying and does not even warrant a comparison.

India's economy looks to be rebounding from the downturn in better shape than China's. India doesn't appear to be facing the same degree of potential dangers and downside risks as China, which means policymakers in New Delhi might have a much easier task in maintaining the economy's momentum than their Chinese counterparts. "The way I see it is that the growth in India is much more sustainable" than the growth in China, says Jim Walker, an economist at Hong Kong–based research firm Asianomics.
We can all see that the Chinese govt has started taking corrective measures to cool down its economy to artificially make is more sustainable. As long as they can keep up with the dynamics of the economy, I feel it will be able to achieve the numbers.

India's edge is due to the different stimulus programs adopted by the two countries to support growth during the downturn. China implemented what Walker calls "the biggest stimulus program in global history." On top of government outlays for new infrastructure and tax breaks, Beijing most significantly counted on massive credit growth to spur the economy.

But now China is facing the consequences of its largesse. Fears are rising that Beijing's easy-money policies have fueled a potential property-price bubble. According to government data, average real estate prices in Chinese cities jumped 7.8% in December from a year earlier — the fastest increase in 18 months. The credit boom has also sparked worries about the nation's banking system. Many economists expect the large surge in credit to lead to a growing number of nonperforming loans (NPLs).

India, meanwhile, isn't experiencing nearly the same degree of fallout from its recession-fighting methods. The government used the same tools as every other to support growth when the financial crisis hit – cutting interest rates, offering tax breaks and increasing fiscal spending – but the scale was smaller than in China.....Most important, India managed to achieve its substantial growth without putting its banking sector at risk. In fact, India's banks have remained quite conservative through the downturn, especially compared with Chinese lenders.

Hopefully Indian financial system and the govt are able to sustain this momentum and provide a natural and organic growth compared to the inorganic methods followed in China. While in the short term this may be beneficial for China as a country, but when you look at it from an FII point of view, it may appear too risky for some.

I will let my Chinese friends fight it out with the one-sided Captain, but here is another article from the Times.

India vs. China: Whose Economy Is Better?

I've read that article, it makes a lot of sense I think.

It's true that China over-reacted to the credit crunch by pumping in an enormous amount of money into the economy and letting the banks loose, but can you blame them? Over-reacting was certainly a better idea than under-reacting, given the potential consequences.

I think the article is correct when it says that India handled the credit crunch better, and that is definitely something to pay attention to. Nothing wrong in admitting when others have got it right. :tup:

Now China has reigned in the banks... and is in the process of "cooling down" economic growth, to prevent bubbles from forming. We can always improve our" recession-fighting" methods by learning from such experiences in the future, that is of the utmost importance.

@Chinese-Dragon... totally in sync with you.... this was probably the largest recession that most of us will see in our lifetime (hopefully)... and the asian economies in general handled it very well and learnt a lot in going through this.

But post-recession has brought out a phenomenal change in the world order of economy. The center of everyone's attention is now on Asian economies. I think India has learnt a lot from how China handled the recession and same is the case for China as well. This is how the growing economies should learn from each other in order to tackle the common issues in a better way in the future.

@Chinese-Dragon... totally in sync with you.... this was probably the largest recession that most of us will see in our lifetime (hopefully)... and the asian economies in general handled it very well and learnt a lot in going through this.

But post-recession has brought out a phenomenal change in the world order of economy. The center of everyone's attention is now on Asian economies. I think India has learnt a lot from how China handled the recession and same is the case for China as well. This is how the growing economies should learn from each other in order to tackle the common issues in a better way in the future.

I agree with you completely. :cheers:

I think China and India have a plan for themselves.Unfortunately they dont convege. I keep asking myself, what is Chinas obsession with Pakistan, that it shrouds its relationship with India ? Is it only military ? Is China so shortsighted ? Doesnt China realize that fruitful partnership with India, will only strengthen China !? Is land all that it cares about. For all the Praise that is afforded to China, I would personally nullify all its progress, because it doesnt see the whole picutre, CHina / India full fledged partnership, could create a brand new world order, an economical, military and social force the world could not defeat.

I think China and India have a plan for themselves.Unfortunately they dont convege. I keep asking myself, what is Chinas obsession with Pakistan, that it shrouds its relationship with India ? Is it only military ? Is China so shortsighted ? Doesnt China realize that fruitful partnership with India, will only strengthen China !? Is land all that it cares about. For all the Praise that is afforded to China, I would personally nullify all its progress, because it doesnt see the whole picutre, CHina / India full fledged partnership, could create a brand new world order, an economical, military and social force the world could not defeat.

It's just geopolitics.

China has had Pakistan as an ally for decades, we can't just give up our old allies, that isn't possible. Plus they are strategically essential, in giving us a bridge to central Asia and to the gulf via Gwadar port.

The problem is that by appeasing our ally Pakistan, we often end up annoying India, and that is something that is difficult to balance.

The best thing for me personally, would be for China/India/Pakistan to all form a united Asia. If Europe could do it, why can't we do it too? That would truly be the Asian Century. :cheers:

It's just geopolitics.

China has had Pakistan as an ally for decades, we can't just give up our old allies, that isn't possible. Plus they are strategically essential, in giving us a bridge to central Asia and to the gulf via Gwadar port.

The problem is that by appeasing our ally Pakistan, we often end up annoying India, and that is something that is difficult to balance.

The best thing for me personally, would be for China/India/Pakistan to all form a united Asia. If Europe could do it, why can't we do it too? That would truly be the Asian Century. :cheers:

i think this is not possible.india-china can exist in one bowl but india-pak cant exist in one bowl.atleast it is not possible till 20-30 yrs.

It is pure politics... and the desire to control the vital ocean routes to secure the supply channels to the middle east. Everyone knows that for a growing economy you need a reliable supply of oil as well (until alternate energy solutions mature). By securing ports in Pakistan and Sri Lanka, China can ensure that all the routes to the middle east and europe are secure. It is similar to how the US politics shaped up after 60s when it realized that it needs to secure oil and energy resources for its growing economy.
Good and sincere diplomatic efforts between India and China will help ease the intermittent tensions and help create an atmosphere of co-operation like in the Eurozone as Chinese-Dragon pointed out.

It's just geopolitics.

Ah, if that were possible...... we really have a long way to go....

Back
Top Bottom