What's new

How Indian Insiders Saw 1965 War?

This was about how Indian insiders saw the1965 war.

Increasingly, it has become an exercise in gathering certificates, typically from western sources, typically adulatory.

It invites response in kind.

It should be quoted as how Western Journalists saw the war, even within India..
However , it should be noted that India wasnt as popular as Pakistan due to its new found Soviet lean.

When you say that you won 1971. You are right.

High class Brahmin in old days and siraf Musalman in current environment.

Ye mulla beech mein kahan se aa gya.
in dono ke beech main............kabi buddist huye hoge ,kabhi greek,to kabhipersian, to kabhi turki to kabhi mangol,to kabhi arabi etc etc.....so now ab identity kya.

Let me put it straight as i have done earlier

Pakistans objective capture kashmir deter indian forces

Indias objective defend kashmir
Secondary objective damage as much of pak army as possible

Result pakistan attack on kashir defended

Did india achived its objective yes it did

Did pakistan no it dint later ended defending lahore

SUNDAY TIMES, London, September 19, 1965.

"Pakistan has been able to gain complete command of the air by literally knocking the Indian planes out of the skies if they had not already run away.
Indian pilots are inferior to Pakistan's pilots and Indian officer's leadership has been generally deplorable. India is being soundly beaten by a nation which is outnumbered by a four and half to one in population and three to one in size of armed forces".

Peter Preston, The Guardian, London.
September 24, 1965.

"One thing I am convinced of is that Pakistan morally and even physically won the air battle against immense odds.
Although the Air Force gladly gives most credit to the Army, this is perhaps over-generous. India with roughly five times greater air power, expected an easy air superiority. Her total failure to attain it may be seen retrospectively as a vital, possibly the most vital, factor of the whole conflict.
Nur Khan is an alert, incisive man of 41, who seems even less. For six years until July he was on secondment and responsible for running Pakistan civil airline, which in a country, where now means sometime and sometime means never, is a model of efficiency. He talks without the jargon of a press relations officer. He does not quibble about figures, immediately one has confidence in what he says. His estimates proffered diffidently, but with as much photographic evidence as possible, speak for themselves. Indian and Pakistani losses, he thinks are in something like the ratio of ten to one.
"The Indians had no sense of purpose, the Pakistanis were defending their country and willingly taking greater risks. The average bomber crew flew 15 to 20 sorties. My difficulty was restraining them, not pushing them on".
" This is more than nationalistic pride. Talk to the pilots themselves, and you get the same intense story".

Patrick Seale, The Observer, London.
September 12, 1965.

"Pakistan's success in the air means that she had been able to deploy her relatively small army___ professionally among the best in Asia___ with impunity, plugging gaps in the long front in the face of each Indian thrust.
By all accounts the courage displayed by the PAF pilots is reminiscent of the bravery of the few young and dedicated pilots who saved this country from Nazi invaders in the critical Battle of Britain during the last war".

Roy Meloni, Correspondent of ABC,
September 15, 1965.

"I have been a journalist now for 20 years and want to go on record that i have never seen a more confident and victorious groups of soldiers than those fighting for Pakistan right now.
"India is claiming all out victory, i have not been able to find any trace of it. All i can see are troops, tanks and other war material rolling in a steady stream towards the front.
If the Indian Air Force is so victorious, why has it not tried to halt this flow?
The answer is that it has been knocked from the skies by Pakistani planes. These Muslims of Pakistan are natural fighters and they ask for no quarter and they give none.
In any war, such as the one going on between India and Pakistan right now, the propaganda claims on either side are likely to be startling, but if i have to take bet today, my money would be on Pakistan side.
Pakistan claims to have destroyed something like one third of the Indian Air Force, and foreign observers, who are in a position to know say that the actual kills may be even higher, but the PAF authorities are being scrupulously honest in evaluating these claims. They are crediting PAF only those killing that can be checked and verified from other sources.

Oh my windjamer again you post this you see leaving pakistan every other country see's how their army navy and airforce performed but in your case its just your airforce for tou the victory of your aurforce is the victory of the war for your country but you know it doesnt work like that what about your army ? How much land did it lost eh!!

It should be quoted as how Western Journalists saw the war, even within India..
However , it should be noted that India wasnt as popular as Pakistan due to its new found Soviet lean.
It never ever mattered to indian what thash western media printed about it over the 60 decades except for those in indian elites not rooted in the soil and NRI's(Non-required Indians).So Indian in india knows whats good for them and what they lack to strive to achieve.If life would have been predicted in western news media then one can discard 99% developing world with no future at all.

Kahan ki red book .... China ya North Korea .... ya Indian Red Political Parties.
kyon apni Red book khud compile nahi kar sakte kya.arey janab kuch to orignality rakho.Communist Party of Pakistan ko join karo.............:azn:

220px-Communist_Party_of_Pakistan_logo.JPG

Let me give a simple example that will be understood by both sides.
Imagine a random score in ODI:

Pakistan 250/2 in 50 overs
India 251/9 in 50 overs

India won the match
Let me extend you to understand more better india being 7 times bigger and 74 times the big population and big economy lost 9 wickets to achieve what pakistan being smaller country was able to do by just losing 2 wickets..so truly.....

1 pakistani here = 4.5 indians...............:D

So pakistan won coz india was unable to overwhelm it considering its size .......:D

Let me extend you to understand more better india being 7 times bigger and 74 times the big population and big economy lost 9 wickets to achieve what pakistan being smaller country was able to do by just losing 2 wickets..so truly.....

1 pakistani here = 4.5 indians...............:D

So pakistan won coz india was unable to overwhelm it considering its size .......:D

well.. thats true, but..
there is only one prize cheque.
Guess who took that.

well.. thats true, but..
there is only one prize cheque.
Guess who took that.
none it was deposited into ICC (USSR) account but sure India lost its captain same night like pakistan lost its coach.

in dono ke beech main............kabi buddist huye hoge ,kabhi greek,to kabhipersian, to kabhi turki to kabhi mangol,to kabhi arabi etc etc.....so now ab identity kya.

Siraf Pakistani Muslim, and that too a very proud one.

Let me put it straight as i have done earlier

Pakistans objective capture kashmir deter indian forces

Indias objective defend kashmir
Secondary objective damage as much of pak army as possible

Result pakistan attack on kashir defended

Did india achived its objective yes it did

Did pakistan no it dint later ended defending lahore!

I wish it was so simple to declare victory and defeat in the manner.

This is how Pakistani Insiders saw 1965 War and other wars :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It never ever mattered to indian what thash western media printed about it over the 60 decades except for those in indian elites not rooted in the soil and NRI's(Non-required Indians).So Indian in india knows whats good for them and what they lack to strive to achieve.If life would have been predicted in western news media then one can discard 99% developing world with no future at all.

kyon apni Red book khud compile nahi kar sakte kya.arey janab kuch to orignality rakho.Communist Party of Pakistan ko join karo.............:azn:

220px-Communist_Party_of_Pakistan_logo.JPG

ha ha ha ......

In college and university they would say "Surkhay Tha".

I am apolitical.

Pakistan has a comunist party that is something new to me lol

Serious one do they even have a single seat in the govt state or centeral

none it was deposited into ICC (USSR) account but sure India lost its captain same night like pakistan lost its coach.

You have a super computer functioning in your brain.

ha ha ha ......

Siraf Pakistani Muslim, and that too a very proud one.
so evolved from single cell to fish to reptiles to mammals to dash dash dash.....to ab ab identity kya huyee....

evolution2.jpg

For first 24 yrs of my life i had my fathers name so was known by his last name now i ve my hubby's last name but then wat is my identity.My identity is what i make myself as individual by my actions.

ha ha ha ......

In college and university they would say "Surkhay Tha".

I am apolitical.
apolitical kah kar pallu jhad liya.Vadday selfish hain janab.

You have a super computer functioning in your brain.

ha ha ha ......
bas yeh hi dar hai ke brain short circuit na ho jaye aur mai bagal main hi agra na pahunch jaoon.:P

so evolved from single cell to fish to reptiles to mammals to dash dash dash.....to ab ab identity kya huyee....

For first 24 yrs of my life i had my fathers name so was known by his last name now i ve my hubby's last name but then wat is my identity.My identity is what i make myself as individual by my actions.

I removed the horrifying pic as I am not a reincarnation of any of those things.

My, self identity - I am just happy to be "Me". Naamon mein kya rakha hai.

One of the best comments I heard were from a singer (name conveniently forgotten). When
asked, who do you sing for, young people, a mix of age groups, for a large set of people?

He replied - I just sing for myself, because I like singing.

apolitical kah kar pallu jhad liya.Vadday selfish hain janab.

Yes, self ke saath ish lagana hai na to selfish ban jata hai, ya phir sel fish ban jata hai. Machli to mein bechta nahin - isi liye selfish hi thik hun.

bas yeh hi dar hai ke brain short circuit na ho jaye aur mai bagal main hi agra na pahunch jaoon.:P

Surprisingly, Humayun's tomb was more inspiring than taj mahal.

Back
Top Bottom