What's new

How Indian Insiders Saw 1965 War?

This is such an interesting thread Oh My God I can't believe it that you guys are still fighting who won and who lost. Let me tell all of you I was a part of it. NO ONE WON. we all lost our loved ones on both sides so coming back landing and saying I shot a IAF fighter Yeahhhhh few seconds later found out my brother got shot. So the IAF pilot must be saying yeahhh I shot a PAF fighter. Does that sounds like winning. Anyone???????????????????????????????.

Murad Sir, Good to see you after a long back to the Forum. This discussion will continue in this forum and every Jul-Aug we will discuss Kargil, Every Sep it will be 1965 and Every Dec it will be 1971.

This is such an interesting thread Oh My God I can't believe it that you guys are still fighting who won and who lost. Let me tell all of you I was a part of it. NO ONE WON. we all lost our loved ones on both sides so coming back landing and saying I shot a IAF fighter Yeahhhhh few seconds later found out my brother got shot. So the IAF pilot must be saying yeahhh I shot a PAF fighter. Does that sounds like winning. Anyone???????????????????????????????.

No, that really put things into perspective. :hitwall:

Stupid war shouldn't have happened.

Operation Gibralter was launched in a disputed territory which was and is under illegal Indian occupation.

India attacked mainland Pakistan and therefore initiated hostilities and aggression. Did India succeed in attaining her objectives - NO - it didn't.
Pakistan's national sport. Mental gymnastics.

This is by far the sanest post in a long time.

In 47, 65 , 71, SL & Kargil there were numerous relatives ( including father, brother, brothers -in-laws, cousins, in laws) who fought and in each of these less 47 we as a family lost.

We lost because someone amongst us either did not come back or came back with a permanent debilitating injury. We feel their effects to this day.

Yet if the wars had sorted out the problem permanently one would reconcile to the fact considering that it was worth it.

The national problem remains & so does the personal pain.

We all lose.

If you look at the bigger picture, what did India gain and Pakistan gain at the end of the war?

Pakistan wanted to capture Kashmir....but did not get even an inch of Indian Kashmir:tdown:

India throw them out of Kashmir.....:tup:

India won ...Pakistan lost.....end of the story:whistle:

After this well-deserved rebuke from you, Sir, there can be no further chit-chat. Our apologies.

Pakistan's national sport. Mental gymnastics.

If you look at the bigger picture, what did India gain and Pakistan gain at the end of the war?

Pakistan wanted to capture Kashmir....but did not get even an inch of Indian Kashmir:tdown:

India throw them out of Kashmir.....:tup:

India won ...Pakistan lost.....end of the story:whistle:

Just leave it, boys.

No one did. India defended Kashmir, and look at the trouble it is causing us now. Everyday soldiers die 'cause of this stupid insurgency.

Man India could not defeat Pak, unable to achieve its objectives, lost badly by loosing far more material, aircrafts, tanks, land, soldiers and lives than Pakistan.

In all essense the International observers believe India lost far more than Pakistan.

IAF blasted out of sky by PAF:

Back
Top Bottom