What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not like West Bengal to secede from India.....but I definitely want swaraj/self rule..........all subjects in union list of India should be transferred to state list except defense, external affairs and rivers.......it should be completely federal, not quasi -federal sh!t we have now....... I'm for complete self rule of not only West Bengal but every other state.......Governance is better delivered when divided into small regions......and defense is better served when the armed forces r united.....

Today, much of mineral deposits whether be it coal or iron or aluminium are concentrated around the eastern part of India, around chhota nagpur plateau......The eastern region also holds most fertile land in whole of india for its Gangetic plains......yet, the eastern part(Bihar, Bengal, Jharkhand & Orissa) is one of the poorest states in whole of India........and still we see major projects of central govt. like DRDO, ISRO, Medical colleges, Research institutes go to goes to South India(Andhra, Karnataka), west - Mumbai, Pune etc and North - Gurgaon, Noida, Delhi etc. Today the W.B govt. gets back only 34% of what it earns from W.B.....the remaining 66% is spent else where through projects of planning commission(except defense and few other).....and there has been hardly any central govt. project in W.B, Bihar, Orissa & Jharkhand.....

Subsequent regimes in W.B (communists, and now TMC) speak of how our state has been deprived of what is rightfully ours.....so is the case with Bihar & Orissa. Bcoz there is such feeling among the public. Those who do not agree with this and can do some research of how many central govt. funded research institutes, medical colleges, are there in which part of the country.....

Also, I do not like the attitudes North Indians have towards Bengalis & Assamese......I have travelled many parts of India for my job and have often been subject to jeering for being a bong and for my pronunciation.........I have also seen South Indians facing same behaiviour and attitudes by North & West Indians........and the same case with north-eastern people who r called chinks( chinese) for their ethnicity.

These r some problems we Bengalis face in "united" India.

I agree Your take on federalism,center needs to devolve much of its powers to the states and State Govts needs to devolve its powers to CorporationsmMuncipalities and Punchayats,its the only way improve governance in the country.Its definitely a work in progress.Eastern part being poorest,they have always been that way ever since the independence.Its an uphill battle.
Rest of your post have concerns similar to other states.I can confidentially say central govt. funded research institutes, medical colleges are evenly distributed through out the country,Its the private ones that are lacking in these states.

PS:Ignore the BD trolls

I was born and bred in Dhaka. I have never been to India. I know that a huge number of Bengali people live in India. I am curious about How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh & Bangladeshi?

I would like to ask Indian Bengali members to answer the question.

And about Bangladeshi bengalis.....people with low incomes, who have their shops at different road crossings have problems with them bcoz it is a matter of ruti ruji..........I stay in Garfa, a place between Jadavpur and Santoshpur, in Kolkata, and today our cable operator guy came after long time for monthly rent and my father asked where he had been and replied - "deshe gechilam, khulna, baba ma okhanei thake"..........my father said how lucky he was and repented to him about our ill fate......our ancestral home was near Dhaka, a place called Bojro Jogini gram.......but, my grandfather came to W.B in 1939, long b4 partition...as my Grandpa was posted in kolkata, so we shifted.......my great grandfather and my father's uncles shifted during partition.....muslims there had great respect for my great grandfather as he was a doctor and requested him to stay and said they would protect us if something happened......but my grt grandpa dint take the risk and told them that most of our relatives have shifted, he had to shift.....Settling here in India for them was not much of prblm unlike other refugees as my grandfather was already working here in kolkata, and he helped them settle down...at that time we lived at Garcha road....

I have always wondered how our ancestral village is and have heard many beautiful stories about it from my grandfather......One day I hope to visit that place, hopefully.

:P got a bit carried away on that...

Also the shop where I go for hair cut is run by a Bangladeshi boy who came recently to India......his name is Satya and astonishingly he has been able to make his ration & voter card here......by bribing officials I think..... Also many who sell vegetables in the local market are Bangladeshis coming to India through Bongaon border.... Genuine ghotis here r worried abt this influx as local shopkeepers c loss of business and rise in competition in it....so they oppose it.......ohter than that attitude of middleclass and rich towards Bangladeshis r quite good

bhai bangal ghoti kore ki hobe!amar mayer poribar bangal r amar babar poribar ghoti,so what!at the end of the day we are all proud Bengali Indians who have the same language,culture and follow the same religion.ar ekta kotha bangal-ghoti sei East Bengal-Mohun Bagan match er din i beshi hoy baki somoy its really irrelevant.
kichui na,ami just bolte chaichi je amra india te multi-cultural,kintu bangladesh'e ekhono sirf "bangal culture" ta chole r kichui noi... r,BTW,amra ekhon sobai ghoti hoye gachi as amader baba-ma ra kintu sobai born & bred in india. Tai joto'i amader "bangal roots" thakuk,amra kintu ekhon sobai ghoti

kichui na,ami just bolte chaichi je amra india te multi-cultural,kintu bangladesh'e ekhono sirf "bangal culture" ta chole r kichui noi... r,BTW,amra ekhon sobai ghoti hoye gachi as amader baba-ma ra kintu sobai born & bred in india. Tai joto'i amader "bangal roots" thakuk,amra kintu ekhon sobai ghoti

Ghoti and Bangal culture er bhetor partokkho gulo ektu bolte parben?

bojro jogini is in srinagar upozila , munshigonj. my area .its beautiful near the padma brige project. you are most welcome to fathers land :smitten:
And about Bangladeshi bengalis.....people with low incomes, who have their shops at different road crossings have problems with them bcoz it is a matter of ruti ruji..........I stay in Garfa, a place between Jadavpur and Santoshpur, in Kolkata, and today our cable operator guy came after long time for monthly rent and my father asked where he had been and replied - "deshe gechilam, khulna, baba ma okhanei thake"..........my father said how lucky he was and repented to him about our ill fate......our ancestral home was near Dhaka, a place called Bojro Jogini gram.......but, my grandfather came to W.B in 1939, long b4 partition...as my Grandpa was posted in kolkata, so we shifted.......my great grandfather and my father's uncles shifted during partition.....muslims there had great respect for my great grandfather as he was a doctor and requested him to stay and said they would protect us if something happened......but my grt grandpa dint take the risk and told them that most of our relatives have shifted, he had to shift.....Settling here in India for them was not much of prblm unlike other refugees as my grandfather was already working here in kolkata, and he helped them settle down...at that time we lived at Garcha road....

I have always wondered how our ancestral village is and have heard many beautiful stories about it from my grandfather......One day I hope to visit that place, hopefully.

:P got a bit carried away on that...

Also the shop where I go for hair cut is run by a Bangladeshi boy who came recently to India......his name is Satya and astonishingly he has been able to make his ration & voter card here......by bribing officials I think..... Also many who sell vegetables in the local market are Bangladeshis coming to India through Bongaon border.... Genuine ghotis here r worried abt this influx as local shopkeepers c loss of business and rise in competition in it....so they oppose it.......ohter than that attitude of middleclass and rich towards Bangladeshis r quite good

I'm Indian by birth, and grew up among Nepalis. So i wear bermudas. :D

I have this BIG Ghurka knife given to my dad by a Nepali Ghurka back in the 80's. It can cut through armor and still cut a tomato! :D

I have this BIG Ghurka knife given to my dad by a Nepali Ghurka. It can cut through armor and still cut a tomato! :D

So do we, there was a night guard, who gifted us his Khukri before returning back to Nepal. That was around 200 years old.

my grandfather was the creator of "piljung technical school"..his statue is still there and after every 4-5yrs,the managing trustee of the school sends people to our house to collect his photo to frame it.I heard that piljung is in khulna district...but no idea after that

use it cutting the tomatos no prob , just dont use the kukri cutting the bloggers ;)
I have this BIG Ghurka knife given to my dad by a Nepali Ghurka back in the 80's. It can cut through armor and still cut a tomato! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom