What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look Kerala and Bengal has lot of similarities, both have strong communist presence, both football power houses (do not count the I league), a bunch of good literatures etc etc.. So are we too welcomed to join Greater Bangladesh? :D

<groan!>

DON'T get started on the similarities between Bongs and Mallus, please, please, please....

I was hoping for a saner answer. Thank you for your input anyways :blink:

This answer is not a good one? What's wrong with it?

I would not like West Bengal to secede from India.....but I definitely want swaraj/self rule..........all subjects in union list of India should be transferred to state list except defense, external affairs and rivers.......it should be completely federal, not quasi -federal sh!t we have now....... I'm for complete self rule of not only West Bengal but every other state.......Governance is better delivered when divided into small regions......and defense is better served when the armed forces r united.....

Today, much of mineral deposits whether be it coal or iron or aluminium are concentrated around the eastern part of India, around chhota nagpur plateau......The eastern region also holds most fertile land in whole of india for its Gangetic plains......yet, the eastern part(Bihar, Bengal, Jharkhand & Orissa) is one of the poorest states in whole of India........and still we see major projects of central govt. like DRDO, ISRO, Medical colleges, Research institutes go to goes to South India(Andhra, Karnataka), west - Mumbai, Pune etc and North - Gurgaon, Noida, Delhi etc. Today the W.B govt. gets back only 34% of what it earns from W.B.....the remaining 66% is spent else where through projects of planning commission(except defense and few other).....and there has been hardly any central govt. project in W.B, Bihar, Orissa & Jharkhand.....

Subsequent regimes in W.B (communists, and now TMC) speak of how our state has been deprived of what is rightfully ours.....so is the case with Bihar & Orissa. Bcoz there is such feeling among the public. Those who do not agree with this and can do some research of how many central govt. funded research institutes, medical colleges, are there in which part of the country.....

Also, I do not like the attitudes North Indians have towards Bengalis & Assamese......I have travelled many parts of India for my job and have often been subject to jeering for being a bong and for my pronunciation.........I have also seen South Indians facing same behaiviour and attitudes by North & West Indians........and the same case with north-eastern people who r called chinks( chinese) for their ethnicity.

These r some problems we Bengalis face in "united" India.

You are wrong and you are wrong.

A similar thread on /r/india - http://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/18l87k/would_india_be_better_off_if_it_were_a_bunch_of/

where did you get that?? Thats an antique post... Someone insulted Islam and it was my reply.. I edited the post within 5 minutes and asked for apology from everyone.... Just bit curious you remembered the post exactly?? Whah!!

Yeah buddy. I'm quite good at remembering stuff. I know everyone who has ever argued with me.

I hold grudge against them and sometimes I just go through their posts and report ever post that's on border line breaking the any PDF rule. lool not really. But I'm quite good at remembering stuff.

Good if you were provocated and din't just do it to be spiteful :)

And about Bangladeshi bengalis.....people with low incomes, who have their shops at different road crossings have problems with them bcoz it is a matter of ruti ruji..........I stay in Garfa, a place between Jadavpur and Santoshpur, in Kolkata, and today our cable operator guy came after long time for monthly rent and my father asked where he had been and replied - "deshe gechilam, khulna, baba ma okhanei thake"..........my father said how lucky he was and repented to him about our ill fate......our ancestral home was near Dhaka, a place called Bojro Jogini gram.......but, my grandfather came to W.B in 1939, long b4 partition...as my Grandpa was posted in kolkata, so we shifted.......my great grandfather and my father's uncles shifted during partition.....muslims there had great respect for my great grandfather as he was a doctor and requested him to stay and said they would protect us if something happened......but my grt grandpa dint take the risk and told them that most of our relatives have shifted, he had to shift.....Settling here in India for them was not much of prblm unlike other refugees as my grandfather was already working here in kolkata, and he helped them settle down...at that time we lived at Garcha road....

I have always wondered how our ancestral village is and have heard many beautiful stories about it from my grandfather......One day I hope to visit that place, hopefully.

:P got a bit carried away on that...

Also the shop where I go for hair cut is run by a Bangladeshi boy who came recently to India......his name is Satya and astonishingly he has been able to make his ration & voter card here......by bribing officials I think..... Also many who sell vegetables in the local market are Bangladeshis coming to India through Bongaon border.... Genuine ghotis here r worried abt this influx as local shopkeepers c loss of business and rise in competition in it....so they oppose it.......ohter than that attitude of middleclass and rich towards Bangladeshis r quite good

Vajrajogini is Atish Dipankar's home town and next door to our ancestral village. I borrowed the name for my nick in PTH.

@Chinese-Dragon : Mate can you understand what the heck these Bengalis are talking about ? :what:

I dunno they just lost me after the Kukri ! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vajrajogini is Atish Dipankar's home town and next door to our ancestral village. I borrowed the name for my nick in PTH.

The GoB has long decided to establish a University in the name of Venerable Atish Dipankar, whose scholasticism influenced the spread of Budhism in many parts of Asia. I am not sure of the venue and the current status. As I understand, theology will not be the main subject of this University.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom