What's new

how i can reduce my cockroach phobia

this is what i found on google but it seems impossible for me to do:

The standard treatment process for any phobia is exposure therapy,” she said. “You start small by simply talking about cockroaches. Then, you progress to looking at photos, then to seeing dead cockroaches in containers, maybe seeing pinned cockroaches in a museum, and eventually, looking at the real thing.”14-Dec-2020
There is a type of double story Army house called Bhawani house. It usually has an ample grass area in front and on the other side of the drive way. A very long time ago, once playing cricket in that area, the ball went inside a gutter through a broken pipe leading into the gutter. We had placed bricks at the pipe to obstruct it but the gardener had probably removed them. This was the tenth ball we had lost in that gutter so it was now time to recover all of them. There were 4 of us. I being the eldest decided to open the gutter lid which seemed very heavy at that time. I lifted it up and put it aside and peeked inside. It was afternoon time so there was ample light. There was an iron ladder attached to the wall leading into the gutter. The floor gave a swampy feeling but it was dry. I started to descend holding the ladder and then I saw walls around me. The walls were littered with cockroaches, some started to move as light came inside. I kept courage and holding onto the ladder i recovered a few balls and threw them out one by one. Luckily the roaches didnt come near the ladder. I dont know how i kept my nerve, maybe the happiness of a young lad recovering few cricket balls was enough for me to keep my mind in one place. i ascended on the ladder, ignoring the movements on the walls, came out of the gutter and put the lid back. I think for a few weeks i didnt tell anyone what i saw maybe for fear of getting scolded. This was the last I went down that gutter.

As a kid i remember, there was a relatives house who had flying cockroaches in their house. The sound of the wings was enough to scare all us cousins. Watching a cartoon movie on VCR in that lounge was a challenge after maghrib. Two of us used to have badminton racquets in our hands in case they flew on top of us.

I can even loss my senses if i see a full size cockroach and if it is a flying one you may consider me dead. I dont know why but i see cockroaches every where since last night as i have seen two big size in my house:cry::cry::cry:

badly need help :sad::sad::sad::sad:

You are 1000 times bigger than a cockroach. Just step on it when you see it.

There is a type of double story Army house called Bhawani house. It usually has an ample grass area in front and on the other side of the drive way. A very long time ago, once playing cricket in that area, the ball went inside a gutter through a broken pipe leading into the gutter. We had placed bricks at the pipe to obstruct it but the gardener had probably removed them. This was the tenth ball we had lost in that gutter so it was now time to recover all of them. There were 4 of us. I being the eldest decided to open the gutter lid which seemed very heavy at that time. I lifted it up and put it aside and peeked inside. It was afternoon time so there was ample light. There was an iron ladder attached to the wall leading into the gutter. The floor gave a swampy feeling but it was dry. I started to descend holding the ladder and then I saw walls around me. The walls were littered with cockroaches, some started to move as light came inside. I kept courage and holding onto the ladder i recovered a few balls and threw them out one by one. Luckily the roaches didnt come near the ladder. I dont know how i kept my nerve, maybe the happiness of a young lad recovering few cricket balls was enough for me to keep my mind in one place. i ascended on the ladder, ignoring the movements on the walls, came out of the gutter and put the lid back. I think for a few weeks i didnt tell anyone what i saw maybe for fear of getting scolded. This was the last I went down that gutter.

As a kid i remember, there was a relatives house who had flying cockroaches in their house. The sound of the wings was enough to scare all us cousins. Watching a cartoon movie on VCR in that lounge was a challenge after maghrib. Two of us used to have badminton racquets in our hands in case they flew on top of us.
:sad: :(

you deserve this
salute.gif

ok let me post something helpfull

Lets try this exercise in psychotherapy

Step1:
Watch this

Step2:
Imagine urself as the elephant, role play, visualize.

Step3:
Induce an epiphany .

if it doesn't work , take comfort in the fact that you are not alone , the elephant too pissed his pants.

Last edited:
When I went Pakistan 13 years ago I used to be scared Tf out of them, haven’t been since but Only issue is if I wake up and see it on me

I can even loss my senses if i see a full size cockroach and if it is a flying one you may consider me dead. I dont know why but i see cockroaches every where since last night as i have seen two big size in my house:cry::cry::cry:

U see one, just smack it or squash it with your shoe.

"In order to defeat Cockroaches, you must become one"
--- Wise Guy Metal 0-1(2021)

I spend i4 days in a house which was full of pests. All types of fleas, ticks and other blood sucking crawlers.
Couldn't sleep properly in nights. Good old students days.
Anyway, why you have cockroaches? if the house is clean and have pest control sprays/tab, you shouldn't have them. Keep your house clean and block any entry points.

@Imran Khan

sub-conscious programming using Psych-K etc or go to a shrink or someone with the right tools for the brain rewiring.

Or carry a chapal or jharru and let your rage take over hunting the one you see. That would work too.

On a side note ... i like catching house spiders with tissue and then releasing them outside. Cockroaches are annoying so best is grills on hole.

Back
Top Bottom