What's new

How fast is Turkish Military Industry growing?

russian defense industry is another level. stop comparing. lol. turkey is very much like singapore. they can make some pretty cool not so complex ground weapons and some small air vehicles that doesn't a require a lot money and long time experience. that's pretty much it..

Why should I stop comparing? Comparing today is useless, I agree, but what about 10 or 20 year projection? Just look at Turkish Military Industry 10 years ago and today.

Why should I stop comparing? Comparing today is useless, I agree, but what about 10 or 20 year projection? Just look at Turkish Military Industry 10 years ago and today.

they have to make profit first. right now, there are too many turkish companies making the same things and not many buyers.

russian defense industry is another level. stop comparing. lol. turkey is very much like singapore. they can make some pretty cool not so complex ground weapons and some small air vehicles that doesn't a require a lot money and long time experience. that's pretty much it, unless you plan to spend 100+ bn budget. i don't see they'll ever catch up..

We are nowhere near like singapore. Billions of USD are spend on each project and product, and this all for big aimed weapons like TF-2000 6000+Ton Frigate, T-X/T-X, MILGEMS, T-129s, Anka's, Altay, SAM's and etc.

And no we wont reach up to Russia anytime soon, however with drasticly changing dynamics in Russia and Turkey such as Demorgraphic, political, military and economical. We might have a chance around 2050 me think. Russia is dealing with population is declinig rapidly while ours are increasing with a huge young labor force nontheless.

Russia is something else, but reaching them is not far fetched at all, after all they are but a shell of its former soviet glory.

I advice you to watch this:

Last edited by a moderator:
We are nowhere near like singapore. Billions of USD are spend on each project and product, and this all for big aimed weapons like TF-2000 6000+Ton Frigate, T-X/T-X, MILGEMS, T-129s, Anka's, Altay, SAM's and etc.

i'm pretty sure that is within their capabilities. many of the weapons below were built a long time ago. by now they should be able to do much better. lol

st marines endurance 160 based on their 140 lpd
urlfqu.jpg

endurance 140
rsnlandingshiptankendur.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img515/566/n...eshack.us/a/img842/192/sktnextgenrifletfb.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img708/8763/7294462582a45704e6b6z.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img90/2372/5fed84d1846844499221947.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/7674/7294467704bd10118566z.jpg

72922551620dc2454268z.jpg

7294442218bf8655d7b2z.jpg

broncomortarcarrierallt.jpg

73252451544aa23039aez.jpg

primus1k.jpg

72944656382cf22cd7c4z.jpg

@qwerty
check out the things they're buying from France now :)
Panhard VBL lol
Panhard_VBL_light_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_640.jpg

Mistral LHD :lol:
SHIP_LHD_Tonnerre_Sea_Trials_lg.jpg

What's next? famas?

Screw Russia, NATO reigns supreme.

@qwerty dont make me laugh dude, seriously.

Russia couldnt even built MALE UAVs yet we built one years ago, does that make us superior to Russia now? :) Because apperantly thats you usual logic.

tai_anka_1.jpg

Karayel_cropped.jpg

@qwerty
check out the things they're buying from France now :)
Panhard VBL lol

Screw Russia, NATO reigns supreme.

like i said, it's within their capabilities. it's probably much more cheaper to buy than reinventing the wheels. that 8x8 is much complex than that panhard VBL. even your otokar bought some to learn how to build an 8x8 apc. lol oh wait.. are you guys talking about singapore or russia? if you're comparing with russian defence industry. look at the pic below. you which one you are :lol:

1227141o.jpg
:cheesy:

You have a very arrogant attitude for somebody who is from Malaysia, if I didn't know better I thought your country had a formidable military industry.

LMAO, even the star/cresent in your flag is taken from us. Hit the road, dude.

@qwerty dont make me laugh dude, seriously.

Russia couldnt even built MALE UAVs yet we built one years ago, does that make us superior to Russia now? :) Because apperantly thats you usual logic.
Fvck MALE UAVs, they can't even make IR sensors, they are buying from France :D Technologically they are far behind NATO, therefore Turkey. Our F16s has been flying with JHMCS' for a while now, theirs just look good even fly good but of inferior technology.

like i said, it's within their capabilities. it's probably much more cheaper to buy than reinventing the wheels. that 8x8 is much complex than that panhard VBL. even your otokar bought some to learn how to build an 8x8 apc. lol oh wait.. are you guys talking about singapore or russia? if you're comparing with russian defence industry. look at the pic below. you which one you are :lol:

1227141o.jpg
:cheesy:

Dude, When Complexity of Turkish defence industry from Cruise/ATmissiles to tanks, frigates, helo projects, Radar complexes, land vehicles...etc, Singapore is nowhere against Turkey...

like i said, it's within their capabilities. it's probably much more cheaper to buy than reinventing the wheels. that 8x8 is much complex than that panhard VBL. even your otokar bought some to learn how to build an 8x8 apc. lol
Sure, look where Otokar's now and where russian 8x8s are now. Below BTR 80 was donated to Turkish Land Forces by Germany, left all of it's crew dead in an IED attack.
01_d.jpg

Sure, look where Otokar's now and where russian 8x8s are now.
01_d.jpg

i respond to a guy who said singapore can't make frigate, tank, apc, etc. i posted pics of the stuff that they were able to do long time ago. long before turkey knows how to paint 'made-in-turkey' on their licensed built weapons. lol.. and don't even talk about russia here. you guy are no where near theirs.. :lol:

Just compare air force: Russia has 500+ air superiority aircraft (excluding a wide variety of bombers)- built by itself while Turkey has around 290 F16 fighters (excluding F4).

Back
Top Bottom