What's new

How Does this Happen?

hiragana used to part of punjab until these indian punjabis let it get split up… these guys have no balls i tell ya
it was part of punjab because the same king that ruled punjab (including pakistan side) also ruled haryana and himachal pradesh (and kashmir before that).

culturally haryana is different.. they are slight nastier version of punjabis.. so I think Indian punjabis got lucky

Now before Indian and Pakistan members go ballistic and declare me an @$$hole for propagating 're-union'- I want to clarify that like @Star Wars and @Bang Galore I agree that partition was for the greater good (I would support any move that would have prevented millions of deaths though).

But still I'm asking- after strong facebook recommendations I recently started watching 'Zindagi Gulzaar Hai' (very short-lived effort coz I'm not an emotional guy), followed by several other Pakistani dramas recommended by Indians. I know Pak members know lots about Indian movies (hell they enjoy Dhoom 3 while I consider it a declaration of war on humanity). I find us so knowledgeable about each others' cultures and states (I know about Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, target deaths in Lahore and Imran Khan, the fact tha NS has a strong base from feudal Punjab, I know about Sheikh Rasheed , Oriya Maqbool Jan and Moeed Pirzada. Most Pakistani members know about our famous personalities like Arnab Goswami and Subramaniya Swami. If there is NOTHING common, then why would we try to know so much about each other? What set me off was this video- Pakistan media covering Haryana elections? WTF man?

From our perspective its nothing more than 'knowing the enemy'.

Now before Indian and Pakistan members go ballistic and declare me an @$$hole for propagating 're-union'- I want to clarify that like @Star Wars and @Bang Galore I agree that partition was for the greater good (I would support any move that would have prevented millions of deaths though).

But still I'm asking- after strong facebook recommendations I recently started watching 'Zindagi Gulzaar Hai' (very short-lived effort coz I'm not an emotional guy), followed by several other Pakistani dramas recommended by Indians. I know Pak members know lots about Indian movies (hell they enjoy Dhoom 3 while I consider it a declaration of war on humanity). I find us so knowledgeable about each others' cultures and states (I know about Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, target deaths in Lahore and Imran Khan, the fact tha NS has a strong base from feudal Punjab, I know about Sheikh Rasheed , Oriya Maqbool Jan and Moeed Pirzada. Most Pakistani members know about our famous personalities like Arnab Goswami and Subramaniya Swami. If there is NOTHING common, then why would we try to know so much about each other? What set me off was this video- Pakistan media covering Haryana elections? WTF man?

Partition was one of the vey few good things that has happened...We should be thankful to Jinha rather than Gandhi or idiot Nehru...But because of Gandhi and Nehru, my only regret is that partition was never ever complete...India should have been declared as a Non Islamic state....I do not mind if other religion people are here...after partition.....

Clearly it was not a mistake. A fanatical hindu extremist of RSS credentials/backing won an election in that country. That's all we need to know about this country to our east, and its voters.

Many indians still dwell over 1947, but Pakistanis and the rest of the sub-continent have moved on. Maybe some emotional/hurt indians should learn to move on as well. The Muslim League worked hard for the independence of Pakistan from Great Britain and its satellite state which became known as "india" on 1947

do you mean to say that there are no fanatics on your side .

what has been proven sir can you elaborate .

* Division itself
* Hyderabad massacre of Muslims in 1948
* Indian occupation of Muslim Kashmir
* 3 wars with Muslim Pakistan
* Babri Mosque
* Gujarat Massacre of Muslims by Modi sarkar
* Modi a Hindutva follower sweeps into power.

Two nation theory has been ratified by Indian democracy. If you want to believe otherwise its your own choice. From our perspective we could never have lived with you people.

* Division itself
* Hyderabad massacre of Muslims in 1948
* Indian occupation of Muslim Kashmir
* 3 wars with Muslim Pakistan
* Babri Mosque
* Gujarat Massacre of Muslims by Modi sarkar
* Modi a Hindutva follower sweeps into power.

Two nation theory has been ratified by Indian democracy. If you want to believe otherwise its your own choice. From our perspective we could never have lived with you people.

i can give you a long list of what muslims did and try justify what hindus did but thats the problem with us . Our people would have lived in peace and harmony had they simply followed gandhi's words , the problem with a human being is that he knows whats the right thing to do but won't do it because of his egos , ambitions and some misplaced priorities .

i can give you a long list of what muslims did and try justify what hindus did but thats the problem with us . Our people would have lived in peace and harmony had they simply followed gandhi's words , the problem with a human being is that he knows whats the right thing to do but won't do it because of his egos , ambitions and some misplaced priorities .

Gandhi was a deceiver. Jinnah worked with him for 16 years only to be stabbed in the back. Gandhi wanted to turn Muslims into a minority to be ruled by caste Hindu. That wasn't good enough for us so we parted ways.

Gandhi was a deceiver. Jinnah worked with him for 16 years only to be stabbed in the back. Gandhi wanted to turn Muslims into a minority to be ruled by caste Hindu. That wasn't good enough for us so we parted ways.

what proof do you have for that ?
did you know that it was gandhi who compelled govt of india to pay pakistan Rs 55 crore . And if gandhi was pro hindu then he wouldn't have been assassinated by hindu extremists .

任何国家如果不通过必要的客观的交流来增进了解,猜忌和冲突是在所难免的,印巴和中印都一样,中国和巴基斯坦之间就不存在这个问题,从政府到民间,交流都无处不在。找出分歧所在,更重要找出共同利益和共同关注点,不要还没开始总结反思就急着误导本国民众,影响舆论走向,要知道

、、、、、要知道媒体和政府机构都是必须服务于本国和本国国民利益的,不是哗众取宠。所以,在这里看到吵架甚至不理智的叫骂,真感觉很无趣!

I should start another 'how does it happen thread'. I start with a premise that I later think is irrelevant and ask for the thread to be deleted before I go to sleep. the next day I find over 100 messages mostly unrelated to the topic including 'is coke better than pepsi'.

任何国家如果不通过必要的客观的交流来增进了解,猜忌和冲突是在所难免的,印巴和中印都一样,中国和巴基斯坦之间就不存在这个问题,从政府到民间,交流都无处不在。找出分歧所在,更重要找出共同利益和共同关注点,不要还没开始总结反思就急着误导本国民众,影响舆论走向,要知道

It may come as a surprise to you, but I have no f**ing clue what you're talking about man.

Back
Top Bottom