What's new

How do you Chinese view the rapid development of the past 35 years?

THX for the nice pics and free ads for my Northeast!
U r welcome, bro ! The unique Russian-style city: Harbin ... Emmm, i can smell it even in here (Harbin Beer :cheers:)

userid199455time20110201144556at69.jpg

136515363804877778.jpg

userid226790time20090610083500at23.jpg

Any Chinese been to Xizang ? A pity large resource full region that is underdeveloped.
This thread has been occupied by NE China trollso_O

Yeah NE trolls LOL!

Great to have another inland bro here, even better a Hui (Muslim)! Let's have some pics from Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region (宁夏) and its capital Yingchuan city (银川). Gonna love the unique landscape and Muslim architecture there (I have suggested this tour destination to a few Pakistani, Indonesian and Malaysian members here on PDF)! Keep up the development and beat the coastal trolls, we Shanghainese can only envy your balanced harmony between economy and natural beauty!

Img329751659.jpg
997843_183358682122_2.jpg
1308809798326.jpg
20140529101456_44950.jpg

Last edited:
Chongqing rocks! Inland trolls rock!
A megacity on the hills, a urban planning marvel
View attachment 206465 View attachment 206461 View attachment 206462 View attachment 206458 View attachment 206463 View attachment 206466

No Hubei and Hunan?:cry:

Cheers, costal!

Really Magnificent !
My Vote for Inland Trolls. Lol :D

Today, In office. I have debate with my friend.
My Friend say, Xian is the Fastest Growing City in Western China, But I Prefer Chongqing as Jewel in Western China. :lol:

How about you, Brother?

Really Magnificent !

My Friend say, Xian is the Fastest Growing City in Western China, But I Prefer Chongqing as Jewel in Western China. :lol:

How about you, Brother?
ChengDu, ChongQing, XiAn 3x developed cities in Western China. This is no doubt in today China.

Big ChengDu city (SiChuan province): :-)
200707221031524329.jpg

5ad2d3c5gw1e77i46auotj21kw0w11kx.jpg

I think China success could be its property law (I'm not sure how it works, i'm hoping some of you can cover this).
Jarkata or Delhi for example have narrow roads and crippling traffic jams (pre-colonial planning). But in China, they seem to be able to evict homeowners for complete rebuilding of the city.
In Malaysia, some parts of the old town are deserted, with little commercial interest. Plus property owner would be heavily compensated making it uneconomical for that to happen.

I think China success could be its property law (I'm not sure how it works, i'm hoping some of you can cover this).
Jarkata or Delhi for example have narrow roads and crippling traffic jams (pre-colonial planning). But in China, they seem to be able to evict homeowners for complete rebuilding of the city.
In Malaysia, some parts of the old town are deserted, with little commercial interest. Plus property owner would be heavily compensated making it uneconomical for that to happen.
In 1980s ~ 1990s two famous official slogans:
1. "想致富先修路 / Want to get rich first build roads."
2. "时间就是金钱,效率就是生命 / The time means gold while the efficiency equal to life."

In China, highway traffic construction is an important mark reflecting local conomic development level ... even qual to the achievement of local officer's career. Governments & local officers try many ways to develop local road traffic & infrastructure constructions, coz it affects their political future inside CPC.
225313_1299926661.jpg

I think it's plan+money.
One example in Wuhan
real estate companies get land, poor residents from "slum" get money+new apartment, city governments get money and a new image of city which helps their promotion, why not?
win-win-win situation, the only losers will be new urban residents who want to buy their own living space.

In 1980s ~ 1990s two famous official slogans:
1. "想致富先修路 / Want to get rich first build roads."
2. "时间就是金钱,效率就是生命 / The time means gold while the efficiency equal to life."

In China, highway traffic construction is an important mark reflecting local conomic development level ... even qual to the achievement of local officer's career. Governments & local officers try many ways to develop local road traffic & infrastructure constructions, coz it affects their political future inside CPC.
View attachment 206981
a system of examination and assessment

Japan should take a look at the Chinese model of development.

When you trust the western model too much, you just have an economic crash in your country.

You can't say that your model is correct. You have a much less GDP per capita. Grow your GDP per capita above Japan and then perhaps you can claim that.

CPC shall be given credit for China massive transformation to a world class standard country. It shall sit in same level as Han, Tang and Ming prosperity era.

I bet in another few years time. A rewrite of 大国崛起 documentary will include rise of modern China under CPC.

Too early. Your GDP per capita is a small fraction that of USA.
It is time to come to ground, and see reality as it is. In tang time, you led the world, culturally, spiritually, and technologically. Today, while relatively successful, you are way behind countries like USA. And there is a very large distance to cover.

You can't say that your model is correct. You have a much less GDP per capita. Grow your GDP per capita above Japan and then perhaps you can claim that.

Too early. Your GDP per capita is a small fraction that of USA.
It is time to come to ground, and see reality as it is. In tang time, you led the world, culturally, spiritually, and technologically. Today, while relatively successful, you are way behind countries like USA. And there is a very large distance to cover.
LOL ... that will be another story what Chinese government trying to do now the RMB directly exchange market. According to U.S Dollar rule, today China is $ 7,000 GDP per capita, 1 USD == 6.2 RMB, it's ¥42,000 GDP per capita for 1.3billion Chinese.

Inside China Economic Zone, it will be another legend ... sooner or later a new Bretton Woods system will appear in Asia.

Last edited:
Really Magnificent !

How about you, Brother?
Western China is big enough! Chongqing, Chengdu and Xi'an are now in the first-tier of Western China.
I personally like Chongqing better, one reason, Chongqing is said to have the most beautiful girls(although a little temper like their spicy food). You just need to stand by the city landmark,a monument called 解放碑,and watch for a whole day.;)
And their metro system is just amazing! A marvel of urban planning.
屏幕快照 2015-03-24 22.11.29.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-24 22.11.57.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-24 22.12.12.png

LOL ... that will be another story what Chinese government trying to do now the RMB directly exchange market. According to U.S Dollar rule, today China is $ 7,000 GDP per capita, 1 USD == 6.2 RMB, it's ¥42,000 GDP per capita for 1.3billion Chinese.

Inside China Economic Zone, it will be another legend ... sooner or later a new Bretton Woods system will appear in Asia.
No country and no trolls can stop this momentum.
The new era of China has just begun.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom