What's new

How do we make PDF better?

I think new members that accumulate 5 negatives in the first week need to be banned as well, It's a clear indication they are here nothing but to troll

I have also seen a lot of tolerance given to racial abuse mainly against Chinese lately, i'm not sure if this is due to loss in translation because most of the time it seems the derogatory terms are posted in Hindi, But it continues without little or any consequences.. Mods need to be a more unbiased with regards to this because i have witnessed posters getting banned for far less indiscretions regarding certain Middle Eastern subject matter
The 5 negatives in the first week is a great suggestion even better than mines.

We are preparing to make an upgrade for 2015, so this is your thread to post your ideas and fantasies that can make PDF better. Soon this community will be a decade old so we must keep up with the demands and new age.

Shoot it out here.

Any suggestions regarding the management improvements (i.e. related to moderation) can be posted in the GHQ section.

thanks.
kick out all Indians

Multiple negative Ids are real nuisance. They attract negatives because their content is frivolous & flippant with snide remarks, insults and injuries, heaped upon noble & honorable members. They are annoying and more.....they are thick skinned - knowing that there are no harsher penalties. Imagine a fellow with 50+ negatives and still going like a energizer bunny.

Make strict rules on negatives. 30 and above negative IDs should be permanently banned with no appeal for mercy.

3 strike ban rule should be employed against IDs below 15 negatives. Above 15 negatives should be banned immediately.

Those who have no fear, are the one indulging in misdeeds, knowing that the PDF laws are lax.
Its time for PDF's own >>>> Zarb-e-Azb.

I think new members that accumulate 5 negatives in the first week need to be banned as well, It's a clear indication they are here nothing but to troll

I have also seen a lot of tolerance given to racial abuse mainly against Chinese lately, i'm not sure if this is due to loss in translation because most of the time it seems the derogatory terms are posted in Hindi, But it continues without little or any consequences.. Mods need to be a more unbiased with regards to this because i have witnessed posters getting banned for far less indiscretions regarding certain Middle Eastern subject matter

I think you have got to the heart of one major problem - how to spot a multiple ID troll. These creatures inevitably attract heavy negative rating, because their whole purpose of coming in under a different nick is to be as offensive as possible.

Great idea.

I think you have got to the heart of one major problem - how to spot a multiple ID troll. These creatures inevitably attract heavy negative rating, because their whole purpose of coming in under a different nick is to be as offensive as possible.

Great idea.
Though I do agree with the idea above since I do some moderation on a competitive site.

When the rating system is somewhat standardized then yes all these proposals are going to work. But till the "Analysts" can't control their 'Touchy' side and personal vendetta, this is going to be a vicious cycle.

Moreover, It's too easy for "Analysts" to go overboard and slap ratings top to bottom. I am afraid until the disciplinaries are not disciplined themselves then This exercise is going to be futile. All can see the -ve and positive ratings they give which actually has no upper limit. I would be a bad example myself but I am no short of my rendezvous with the Analysts and/or retired mods.

The "dehati aurat", open defecation are the new racist formats here practices not only by the 'Elite' but by the mods. Any retaliation (which most likely comes) usually derails the thread. The post that usually should bind and form consensus turn into stereotypes of name calling by nationality, religion or race.

I could add a lot more but anything I say would be part of problem than solution.

Though I do agree with the idea above since I do some moderation on a competitive site.

When the rating system is somewhat standardized then yes all these proposals are going to work. But till the "Analysts" can't control their 'Touchy' side and personal vendetta, this is going to be a vicious cycle.

Moreover, It's too easy for "Analysts" to go overboard and slap ratings top to bottom. I am afraid until the disciplinaries are not disciplined themselves then This exercise is going to be futile. All can see the -ve and positive ratings they give which actually has no upper limit. I would be a bad example myself but I am no short of my rendezvous with the Analysts and/or retired mods.

The "dehati aurat", open defecation are the new racist formats here practices not only by the 'Elite' but by the mods. Any retaliation (which most likely comes) usually derails the thread. The post that usually should bind and form consensus turn into stereotypes of name calling by nationality, religion or race.

I could add a lot more but anything I say would be part of problem than solution.

PDF Rank 092017.jpg

This is truly scary.

No one can doubt that the post surgical strike institutionalized hostility effectively cleansed and silenced all dissent and debate here.

And eventually sterilized the site.

A lot of us continue to be here more out of TINA than clinging to the good old days.

Cheers, Doc

Those who run the forum have a right to to make it whatever they wish. Member participation is voluntary.

Those who run the forum have a right to to make it whatever they wish. Member participation is voluntary.

I agree to all that you are saying.

But that stark graphic has put concretely what most oldies already know and have known for some time now.

The golden age remains the same, probably never to return.

We did have a really god mix. Pity they are all scattered everywhere now. Many not seen elsewhere as well.

Cheers, Doc

Make it better by removing false flaggers, instead of turning a blind eye on them ...for they are entertaining a few.

Everybody knows them.

Need less indians on PDF and permanently ban the ones who troll and hurl inuslts. Need to immediately close threads that are based on indian, bengali or Afghan sources/media outlets. Need more Pakstani nationalism and patriotism in PDF too. These changes would certainly improve PDF.

I agree to all that you are saying.

But that stark graphic has put concretely what most oldies already know and have known for some time now.

The golden age remains the same, probably never to return.

We did have a really god mix. Pity they are all scattered everywhere now. Many not seen elsewhere as well.

Cheers, Doc

PDF is but a microcosm of Pakistan, quite understandably, and in a similar predicament. Outsiders cannot do anything but watch the slide, unless those in charge see the light.

Back
Top Bottom