What's new

How do we make PDF better?

It's a lost cause, there really is no way to improve this forum.

This is trolling central, just enjoy it for what it is.

Good if someone manages to eke out a good constructive conversation or two, but yeah.. lost cause troll forum, just enjoy the trolling. :partay:

Last edited:
It's a full troll and hate mongering forum. Except for a few member it's hard to talk here.
They personally abuse you and when you ignore they abuse more.

If you report nothing happens but if you reply even with in civilised way, you can be suspended.
I can abuse in any other neutral place and show them their place. But it's their corner.
So this is a place to spread hate. I never use to dislike strangers be it Pakistani or who ever. But now I thing some people in Pakistan deserve to be hated.
Good luck with change but it won't happen

Regulate Indian trolls.

What else?
That's it

It's a full troll and hate mongering forum. Except for a few member it's hard to talk here.
They personally abuse you and when you ignore they abuse more.

If you report nothing happens but if you reply even with in civilised way, you can be suspended.
I can abuse in any other neutral place and show them their place. But it's their corner.
So this is a place to spread hate. I never use to dislike strangers be it Pakistani or who ever. But now I thing some people in Pakistan deserve to be hated.
Good luck with change but it won't happen
Hate mongering only comes from indians no one else.
You people are irrelevant to Pakistanis.We don't hate you or like you.
Go hate them on some indian forum then log out permanently and have some shame.

That's it

Hate mongering only comes from indians no one else.
You people are irrelevant to Pakistanis.We don't hate you or like you.
Go hate them on some indian forum then log out permanently and have some shame.
Actually Pakistanis hate or don't care about India

Last edited:
Who wouldn't hate them after reading their posts and filthy views online
Absolutely.
India is just seen as another country I really could not connect with.

India is just another vastly different country.

Change the homepage back to the old version....the new one is absolutely useless for casual visitors or new visitors. As there is no way to find new and important threads. All we see is latest replies which might be to a centuries old thread....

The old one was way better and I could easily find content worth reading an interacting with...the one only makes it a struggle and the lack of easy access to the fresh content on forum is gonna kill the forum in the long run honestly...

When forum goes back to more active moderation regarding a basic modicum/rubric regarding personal ad-hominem attacks especially (stuff report button used to work for)....the quality will return to this forum (to whatever extent) again....I feel it has definitely slipped for a number of months now.

More relaxed free speech patterns/moderation can be left for general stuff like countries, populations etc etc if that is desired policy of those that run the forum to whatever extent/discretion is felt appropriate....but there should be 0 tolerance for personal ad-hominem and of course (continued) religion I feel. It should be made very clear where the red line is and then enforced.

This experiment with relaxed moderation is not working for many of us I feel....given there is then sometimes over-moderation on other criteria and it feels unbalanced and people simply lose interest to discuss.

@django @Hell hound @The Sandman @Vergennes @Zibago @nair @Gibbs @Desert Fox @Signalian

What are your opinions on this?

When forum goes back to more active moderation regarding a basic modicum/rubric regarding personal ad-hominem attacks especially (stuff report button used to work for)....the quality will return to this forum (to whatever extent) again....I feel it has definitely slipped for a number of months now.

More relaxed free speech patterns/moderation can be left for general stuff like countries, populations etc etc if that is desired policy of those that run the forum to whatever extent/discretion is felt appropriate....but there should be 0 tolerance for personal ad-hominem and of course (continued) religion I feel. It should be made very clear where the red line is and then enforced.

This experiment with relaxed moderation is not working for many of us I feel....given there is then sometimes over-moderation on other criteria and it feels unbalanced and people simply lose interest to discuss.

@django @Hell hound @The Sandman @Vergennes @Zibago @nair @Gibbs @Desert Fox @Signalian

As most of us are here to learn I think PDF need more experts on board who are willing to educate.it will be a great initiative if admins invite more experts like @gambit or @Bilal Khan 777 interview them and somehow anchor them to the forum.

Personal attacks should be a big no but criticizing and debunking the cultural practices masked as religious one should be allowed.

Change the homepage back to the old version....the new one is absolutely useless for casual visitors or new visitors. As there is no way to find new and important threads. All we see is latest replies which might be to a centuries old thread....

The old one was way better and I could easily find content worth reading an interacting with...the one only makes it a struggle and the lack of easy access to the fresh content on forum is gonna kill the forum in the long run honestly...

I second this.

@WebMaster

Could you guys please bring back the old design? It was way better in my opinion.

Positive ratings should be able to be distributed by anyone, not just special members like think tanks or mods. Same with negative ratings.

Oh and scrap the thanks system.

Exactly bro. Honestly I feel like there should be more relaxed free speech as long as it is a honest & constructive discussion.

Personal attacks should not be tolerated and in theory that is the case however I have seen many members who resort to such behavior getting a free pass because they are cool with the some of the moderators or share similar Political views as them which is clearly nepotism. Whereas those with views that don't align with the majority get shunned, their threads and posts get deleted even when they have not broken a single rule.

Also, stop making random people Think Tanks.

I see some people who don't even contribute anything military related with the Think Tank title but they don't even post anything about military. Here again I think it's nepotism where some mods are cool with some member and decide to give them the title of a Think Tank and thus the ability to give negative and positive ratings based purely on emotions on subjects they have very little to no knowledge on.

Last edited:
sadists who's negative ratings exceed -30 should be permanently banned. sadists only

I think new members that accumulate 5 negatives in the first week need to be banned as well, It's a clear indication they are here nothing but to troll

I have also seen a lot of tolerance given to racial abuse mainly against Chinese lately, i'm not sure if this is due to loss in translation because most of the time it seems the derogatory terms are posted in Hindi, But it continues without little or any consequences.. Mods need to be a more unbiased with regards to this because i have witnessed posters getting banned for far less indiscretions regarding certain Middle Eastern subject matter

If you are not going to do anything about reports dont stop us from replying is same language too often old banned members pollute this forum by their 100 and nth id mods should restrict new members to member section for first month and 200 posts before allowing him access to other forums
Mods are not active at all if they want this forum to remain civil and not turn into comment section of youtube they should actually moderate shit dont blame us if we respond after repeated reports for days at times
Why are multis being given space time and time again?When they know person x is a multi why dont they instantly ban him?

Back
Top Bottom