What's new

How can Pakistan and India help each-other in Economic and Trade!!!!

By nuking each other?

Na rah ga bas, na bajaygi basuri.
Na rah ga economy, na hi madad karnay ki zarurat parayga.

I'll set up an illegal desi tharra shop in front of your house.As i understand it will do brisk business....:cheers:

namumkin.....

Kiyun bhala ..... illegally kartay rahein na.

The relation betweem India and China is warmer only because of trade, first it was businessmen who visited each others country but now its military leaders too who are visiting eachothers country and even having joint military exercises...this can happen both Indian and Pakistan if we open our doors to eachother for trade.

Hindi Cheeni Bhai Bhai eh?

i commend barter trade between india and pakistan. I believe this should be the foremost step towards improving bilateral ties with india. It is not as far fetched as people think most of the times. Besides transit fees and other inevitable payments, it will show the people doors they have shut on each other mentally.
Moreover, we should believe that charity begins at home. If anything can take Pakistan towards success, it's education. we have to educate ourselves and our fellow countrymen on the significance of our strategic location. Otherwise, we should expect strikes and contrary slogans against this approach.
For india's part, it would be highly appreciable if GOI keeps its bureaucratic opposition inline in agreement with this decision.
For pakistani executives, they must realise the need of candor to finally track implementation. :)

Nice piece of information by the poster by the way :D

i have the following suggestions -

1. i think that their should me more student exchange programs between both nations as these helps to clear various misconceptions about each other
Like there is one school i don't remember the name but it has branches in both India n Pak as its a pre independence school n it do run exchange programs across our borders...

I m saying these bcoz its very much necessary for the young generation to clear its misconceptions as there is already to much hatred in present n older generations

2. Pakistan needs to seriously rectify its books with respect to historic fact(u know what i mean) and try to focus more on science n commerce rather than history
As i think its a compulsary subject in Pak till senior classes n a lot of emphasis is give on it

It only results in deep rooted hatred among children that all

3. I think people on both side of border should understand the converting LOC into IB is the most logical n pratical approach
Pakistanis need to understand the fact that there is no point in fighting for Kashmir with India n general public should stop supporting these jihadis

4. Trade should be given its due importance like there is still no MFN for India its struck in paper work only n no actual results r coming out other than bogus promises

I mean when u guys can have free trade with China than u can atleast have proper trade with India maybe with some restrictions....:undecided:

Nope......

It is India's non-tariff barriers which are the problem.

Our traders say that when they send stuff to India, it is delayed by the customs authorities and the taxes imposed are so much that it becomes a ghatay ka soda. Even after the customs allow it inside india, the state taxes imposed on pakistani imported stuff are exorbitant.

There are many other hindrances imposed by India on trade from Pakistani side. The fact that India's share in the total trade is over 2 billion dollars and Pakistan's trade share in merely few hundred million dollars says it all.

This clearly indicates that the Indian side imposes deliberate restrictions and intentionally try to discourage Pakistani traders sending stuff from Pakistan to India.

Let the government try this. Success of such a venture is quite dubious. The trade will grow to 5 billion dollars from India and will remain a few hundred million dollars from Pakistan.

By giving MFN status does not mean India is going to set up industrial base in Pakistan....
Seting up Industrial base in Pakistan would lead to increase the risk factor to the companies who will invest in pakistan.

Take the example of China and Japan. both have historical conflict with each other, Yet they are having good trade relation. Now, when tention between China and Japan are increasing due to islands, Trade is the first to suffer. Japan companies are loosing now as their factories are closing in china. Same may happen to India. When there is increase in tention in kashmir, pakistan will first close Indian companies.

India Pakistan are not mature enough to have the trade relation, India has more to loose than to gain!

It is India's non-tariff barriers which are the problem.

Our traders say that when they send stuff to India, it is delayed by the customs authorities and the taxes imposed are so much that it becomes a ghatay ka soda. Even after the customs allow it inside india, the state taxes imposed on pakistani imported stuff are exorbitant.

There are many other hindrances imposed by India on trade from Pakistani side. The fact that India's share in the total trade is over 2 billion dollars and Pakistan's trade share in merely few hundred million dollars says it all.

This clearly indicates that the Indian side imposes deliberate restrictions and intentionally try to discourage Pakistani traders sending stuff from Pakistan to India.

Let the government try this. Success of such a venture is quite dubious. The trade will grow to 5 billion dollars from India and will remain a few hundred million dollars from Pakistan.
Indias NTBs are same for every country.and all country face same problem with customs etc.its just that pakistan want every country to treat it as like ladla beta with special treatment but in all this end up being treated as step son in the end.

There are many other hindrances imposed by India on trade from Pakistani side. The fact that India's share in the total trade is over 2 billion dollars and Pakistan's trade share in merely few hundred million dollars.

Pakistan's exports to China were about 2 billion dollars and imports over 8 billion dollars by the end of 2011

ignore USA and guarantee us the safety of IPI pipeline, even during a possible war btwn us. we got to keep US where it belongs n thts the Americas not Asia.

Indias NTBs are same for every country.and all country face same problem with customs etc.its just that pakistan want every country to treat it as like ladla beta with special treatment but in all this end up being treated as step son in the end.

isi liye to kehta hun .... chorro India ke saath trade, ye ghaatay ka sauda hai. Ham step son hi acchhay.

On a serious not - this is a big problem for Pakistani traders who tried to export stuff to India. Such a problem is not being faced by let's say, Arabs or the western countries etc.

A certain special treatment is reserved only for Pakistanis. The reasons are understood. And in this case, if such a venture has to succeed, India will have to do more.

Back
Top Bottom