What's new

How are indians treated in Saudi

Answer posted by puduvail ashokan on quora
Just how badly are Indians treated in Saudi Arabia? Please answers from Indians who live or lived there only.

Answer

Puduvail Ashokan
, former Technical Director /Advisor (2017-2019)
Answered Oct 29, 2020

I am an Indian. I lived in Saudi Arabia for two years with family . Not once was I discriminated . Saudis are by nature a shade rough. this is towards all including their own citizens. Actually Indians are preferred compared to Pakistanis as Indians are hard working and intelligent. Most executive assistants to CEOs are Indians ,mostly Keralites. I was the person who was assigned the task of recruitment for the company and travelled India, Shri lanka ,Phillipines, and Thailand . Nearly all Arab dept heads specially requested me to finalise Indians for them. Pakistanis are least preferred. Honestly, I do not know why ? I did have a lot of Pakistanis working for me . They are as good as Indians in lower levels, but managerial levels were all headed by Indians.
Further there was absolutely no talk of religion there. We went to earn money. we never spoke about religion and neither did the Saudis. No bad treatment at all. We Indians met on week ends .parties, went shopping ,went for picnics within Saudi . normal life with a lot of discipline .Bad treatment is just fake news from disgruntled section of people who did not make it.

What a boat load of horse manure. After Saudization. Managerial jobs, directors CEO, cyber security is for saudi. I have met talented indians but i have also talented Pakistanis .

Yours truely is sitting at the very heart of regional financial hub

Of course you will find more indians because there are more indians in ksa than pakistanis.

"indian" is a meaningless term. a south indina attitude to work is different from gujrati attitude to work which is different from punjabi or cow belt.

Just how badly are Indians treated in Saudi Arabia? Please answers from Indians who live or lived there only.

Answer

Puduvail Ashokan
Answered Oct 29, 2020

I am an Indian. I lived in Saudi Arabia for two years with family . Not once was I discriminated . Saudis are by nature a shade rough. this is towards all including their own citizens. Actually Indians are preferred compared to Pakistanis as Indians are hard working and intelligent. Most executive assistants to CEOs are Indians ,mostly Keralites. I was the person who was assigned the task of recruitment for the company and travelled India, Shri lanka ,Phillipines, and Thailand . Nearly all Arab dept heads specially requested me to finalise Indians for them. Pakistanis are least preferred. Honestly, I do not know why ? I did have a lot of Pakistanis working for me . They are as good as Indians in lower levels, but managerial levels were all headed by Indians.
Further there was absolutely no talk of religion there. We went to earn money. we never spoke about religion and neither did the Saudis. No bad treatment at all. We Indians met on week ends .parties, went shopping ,went for picnics within Saudi . normal life with a lot of discipline .Bad treatment is just fake news from disgruntled section of people who did not make it.

Random opinions by random individuals on the net mean nothing. Are there ANY facts and CREDIBLE evidence that PROVES the above points?

Currently over nine million Pakistanis or more than four percent of the country's population are residing in 115 different countries around the world. The overseas Pakistanis are playing a pivotal role in the development and growth of their homeland through remittances.

India diaposra/overseas Indian population is at 18 million.

Looking at the pop. of India at 1.35 billion and Pakistan at 220 million, India pop. being 6.5 times that of Pakistan, the Indians overseas are just 2 times that of Pakistanis.

Goes on to show the higher mobility of Pakistanis and the better living standards of Pakistanis if remittances is taken as a bench mark.

India remittances last year 82 billion USD.

Pak remittances last year 31 billion USD(increasing at a whirlwind
speed).

India gets about 2.6 times higher remittances than Pakistan with a huge population of 1.35 billion versus Pak with 220 million. The reason you see less multi dimensional poverty in Pakistan than India(remittance benchmark).
Indian remittances are low because the West offers citizenship to our people. Had they been like GCC, India would have had over $200 billion in remittances.

unfortunately Arabs of today only respect the Gori Chamri, they look down upon South Asians including Pakistani's and BDians, but as soon as a Gora enters the room everything changes. This is the sad reality of Islamic world today, disrespect for their Ajami brothers but bow down to Gora boots.

As an external consultant, I've observed the following in Saudi corporates:

a) There is no preferential treatment based on religion or race in workgroup meetings. Indian or Pakistani nationality does not seem to matter.
b) Saudis take breaks from extended work sessions on account of the prayer schedule. Pakistanis join them in these prayers. So I can assume that there is cultural bonhomie there.
c) Difference in quality of work between Indian and Pakistani colleagues come down to individuals. There is no discernable difference based on place of origin. Indians tend me be more vocal in participation and their Saudi managers seem tolerant of that.
d) Indians are in larger numbers than Pakistani people in Saudi corporates. But this could be different based on the sector.

Last edited:
Nice catch on this pathological shonor liars

No wonder they keep croaking RAW this RAW that

This kind of attitude is why 3rd rate bhangi illegal bhartis need to leave Bangladesh. Too bad they come from a country of fascist chest-beaters, not our fault.

It'll depend on their job profile I suppose, an Indian RIL Aramco executive will have a different experience than some bonded construction labourer.

You lost be completely at Indians are smarter or more intelligent than Pakistanis in which universe are we in?
India is in a different league. One of the few countries which sent Moon and Mars missions.

Wikipedia: List of countries by number of scientific and technical journal articles

Scientific and technical journal articles refer to the number of scientific and engineering articles published in the following fields: physics, biology, chemistry, mathematics, clinical medicine, biomedical research, engineering and technology, and earth and space sciences. Scientific and technical article counts are from journals classified by the Institute for Scientific Information's Science Citation Index (SCI) and Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI).[1]

Rank Country Number of published articles (2018)

1 China 528,263
2 United States 422,808
3 India 135,788
4 Germany 104,396
5 Japan 98,793
31 Pakistan 12,904

Answer

Puduvail Ashokan

Answered Oct 29, 2020

I know an Indian who lives and works in the middle east. I know it. 😉
That's what it is, the world is not such a wonderful place as we all want it to be.
If you align with us, we respect even the poorest of nations. You just have to experience it to believe it.

The Indians ability to keep their head down and bobble heads quietly has led them to the greatest heights

Back
Top Bottom