What's new

Hong Kong was not British colony as China did not recognise unequal treaties ceding city to Britain, new textbooks reveal

You mean the concept of colonies didn't exist before 1972?
Concept of Colony before 1972 does not exist before 1972.

You call yourself Chinese now, does that mean people in Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms call themselves "Chinese" or if not, do you mean the concept of "Chinese" does not exist?

And he’s married to a Chinese woman. I can’t even imagine how her life is. Being married to someone whose life goal is to spread hatred against your race and country of origin. She’s not even an ABC but a Chinese immigrant too. Dysfunctional life man.

How is simply posting news articles synonymous with hatred?

The real issue is the glass hearted nationalists have no problem with seeing/posting “hatred” articles in the Americas forum but go absolutely crazy ballistic if they see anything similar posted in the China forums…suddenly something is against “our China!!!!” Oh the pain and total anguish of seeing such a sight!! The fire in their hearts it lights!!

Out of the woodwork they come crying and crying and crying with a ferocity like some school kid who dropped their ice cream cone.

“Hate” they scream in unison!!

They then post rationales like “well it’s ok for us to troll because Western media are all out to get us so we are justified spamming negative articles on PDF because of that..we are the only victims in this!!!!!”

Last edited:
How is posting news articles synonymous with hatred?
Don’t play games. You know what you’re doing. When did you ever once post something relatively positive about China or Chinese people? It’s always something with a negative slant.

Concept of Colony before 1972 does not exist before 1972.

You call yourself Chinese now, does that mean people in Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms call themselves "Chinese" or if not, do you mean the concept of "Chinese" does not exist?
However, the ancient Arabs called Central Asia Khitan, so is Central Asia really Khitan?

Yes, because the logic "It is not a colony because it was colonised" is a contradiction in term

Also even if UN remove them in 1972, the process does not start in 1972, it started in 1898, which mean between 1898 to 1972, like it or not Hong Kong is STILL A COLONY of UK. Hence Hong Kong is still a colony of UK.

It’s not contradictory just as the West Bank and Gaza Strip are not colonies but occupied territories while Israelis are colonizing them. The prior is the legal status of the territory, the latter is an act.

It’s not contradictory just as the West Bank and Gaza Strip are not colonies but occupied territories while Israelis are colonizing them. The prior is the legal status of the territory, the latter is an act.
Do you read Chinese at all? What did Sing Tao said??

而英國「只是在香港實行殖民統治,因此香港不是英國殖民地」。

If you are colonizing a place (實行殖民統治), then it is a colony (殖民地)

There are no "Willing" colonisation, all colonisation in history are forced. That is what not logical.

Don’t play games. You know what you’re doing. When did you ever once post something relatively positive about China or Chinese people? It’s always something with a negative slant.

Yeah i post them as replies in the positive threads all the Chinese members post daily in the Americas forum. All you have to do is search for all their positive posts and you’ll see my positive replies…unfortunately you may have to look for their posts in an alternate dimension than ours!!

Last edited:
The existence of Khitan does not mean that if Central Asia is called Khitan, it is really Khitan, it is just a misunderstanding
That's the same if I saw a donkey and mistake it as an a$$ (the animal not the foul word), again, just because whatever you think after the fact is just that, after the fact. If I don't know what an a$$ look like, then a donkey is an a$$.

That's the same if I saw a donkey and mistake it as an a$$ (the animal not the foul word), again, just because whatever you think after the fact is just that, after the fact. If I don't know what an a$$ look like, then a donkey is an a$$.
This is just your subjective perception. It's not true for others who know the truth. Donkey has always been a donkey in the eyes of those who know the truth.
And the real situation has not changed, the donkey has just become another creature in the mind of a person with wrong perception

This is just your subjective perception. It's not true for others who know the truth. Donkey has always been a donkey in the eyes of those who know the truth.
Not before when they were known as a$$....

again, go back to the Chinese analogy, they call people in China "Chinese" now, that does not mean they call the same people who live in the same place 5000 years ago "Chinese". That concept does not exist yet, so whatever it was call back then is whatever it was call.

Saying Hong Kong were never an UK colony because Hong Kong was "Colonised" by UK on the other hand is not a perception, it's a contradiction in term.

Not before when they were known as a$$....

again, go back to the Chinese analogy, they call people in China "Chinese" now, that does not mean they call the same people who live in the same place 5000 years ago "Chinese". That concept does not exist yet, so whatever it was call back then is whatever it was call.

Saying Hong Kong were never an UK colony because Hong Kong was "Colonised" by UK on the other hand is not a perception, it's a contradiction in term.
No, this is not contradictory. Colonization and colony are not the same thing, Israel's establishment of settlements in Gaza is colonization, but Gaza was never a colony of Israel

No, this is not contradictory. Colonization and colony are not the same thing, Israel's establishment of settlements in Gaza is colonization, but Gaza was never a colony of Israel
You do know what is colonization, right?

Israel "Occupy" Gaza, that's different than Israel Colonize Gaza. To begin with, Israeli don't treat people in Gaza as Isreali, they see them as Palestinian, which is a pre-requisite for colonisation. The same with Portuguese treat Macau citizens as Portuguese and give them all Portugese Passport, British treated Hong Kong Citizens as British Subject and give them all British Passport and US treated all Puerto Rican, Guamanian and American Samoan US citizen and gave them US passport

Hong Kong was a British colony. But to be fair, why should the Chinese care about what Britain did?

Since Britain did injustices against China.

If I was Chinese I too wouldn't give a damn what UK thinks now.

As a Pakistani Muslim I too have no sympathy towards UK, because I know the British had wronged my great grandparents and ancestors.

The UK commited huge crimes against humanity in the Asian subcontinent.

Hence I have no sympathy or warmth towards UK.

Did UK textbook tell their children. Great Britain force opium on China and even start opium war to force Opium freely/legally sold/trade in China. They even forcefully invade and capture a colony called HongKong from China...

Talking about whitewash... LOL.
Exactly, in the international schools I went to based on an American curriculum, crimes against humanity committed by the UK or French were rarely talked about or simply ignored.

A little unreasonable you think.

Or when America dropped nuclear bombs on Japan in WW2 they justified it by saying it ended the war quickly. lol.

So why should we care about what these rednecks think?

Back
Top Bottom