What's new

Hong Kong was not British colony as China did not recognise unequal treaties ceding city to Britain, new textbooks reveal

You do know what is colonization, right?

Israel "Occupy" Gaza, that's different than Israel Colonize Gaza. To begin with, Israeli don't treat people in Gaza as Isreali, they see them as Palestinian, which is a pre-requisite for colonisation. The same with Portuguese treat Macau citizens as Portuguese and give them all Portugese Passport, British treated Hong Kong Citizens as British Subject and give them all British Passport and US treated all Puerto Rican, Guamanian and American Samoan US citizen and gave them US passport
The UK does not give British passports to Hong Kong citizens. What is the origin of the saying that Hong Kong citizens have British passports?

Last edited:
The UK does not give British passports to Hong Kong citizens. What is the source of this claim?
Are you for real??

Do you know what is British Overseas Territories citizen Passport that was given to British Subject in Hong Kong during 1981-1989, and British National Overseas Passport since 1989-1997 And before that, all British Subject in Hong Kong were issued with a Standard British Passport without the Right of Adobe since 1971, and before that, British Subject are free to move to the UK from any crown colony as per British Nationality act 1948, and yes, that included Hong Kong.

You do know I live in Hong Kong for a long time, right? And my mother were living in Hong Kong since 1940s and briefly moved back to Vietnam during 1950-1970. Do you want to see my British Overseas Territories Citizen Passport?

Yeah i post them as replies in the positive threads all the Chinese members post daily in the Americas forum. All you have to do is search for all their positive posts and you’ll see my positive replies…unfortunately you may have to look for their posts in an alternate dimension than ours!!

No one is making you start all these threads, you are doing that yourself. If you want to make your life and marriage filled with toxicity, then go ahead. That's not my problem.

Are you for real??

Do you know what is British Overseas Territories citizen Passport that was given to British Subject in Hong Kong during 1981-1989, and British National Overseas Passport since 1989-1997 And before that, all British Subject in Hong Kong were issued with a Standard British Passport without the Right of Adobe since 1971, and before that, British Subject are free to move to the UK from any crown colony as per British Nationality act 1948, and yes, that included Hong Kong.

You do know I live in Hong Kong for a long time, right? And my mother were living in Hong Kong since 1940s and briefly moved back to Vietnam during 1950-1970. Do you want to see my British Overseas Territories Citizen Passport?

So the British passport you are talking about is actually referring to BDTC?
A passport without the right to vote and stand for election, nor to hold public office?

So the British passport you are talking about is actually referring to BDTC?
A passport without the right to vote and stand for election, nor to hold public office?
Can you read?

There were 4 British Passport that were issued to Hong Konger, some with RoA and some without.

British Passport (All with Right of Abode) 1898-1971
British Passport (Partially with Right of Abode, depending on British Immigration Act 1971) 1971-1981
British Dependent Territories Citizen Passport (Partially with Right of Adobe, depending on Immigration act 1981) 1981-1989
British National Overseas Passport (all with Right of Abode after 2021) 1989-1997

BDTC Passport have right of abode if you have EDIT:: "NO" connection to China, and after BNO being issue, All remaining BDTC in Hong Kong are convertible to Full British Citizenship after British Overseas Territories Act 2002. Because you cannot get BNO unless either your parent are Chinese.

By the way, all British Passport above gave right to vote, stand for office and work in Public Office in the UK.

No one is making you start all these threads, you are doing that yourself.

LOL! No one is making you constantly reply to my posts...but yourself.

If you want to make your life and marriage filled with toxicity, then go ahead.

LOL! WTH? Everything is fine. Maybe so fine you feel you have to talk about it far more than your own..hmmm..serious trouble with yours causing you distress and maybe you are trying to somehow project this psychological distress onto others on public forums to make you feel better?

You seem abnormally focused of other's family matters (instead of the actual thread topics) to the point of it being an obsession. You were already displaying a strange "victim" card in a previous thread as a 'legitimate" excuse for conduct that another member here agreed was unhealthy. Now you are really going down the rabbit hole. You are coming across as a wacko.

@RescueRanger

Last edited:
LOL! No one is making you constantly reply to my posts...but yourself.

LOL! WTH? Everything is fine. Maybe so fine you feel you have to talk about it far more than your own..hmmm..serious trouble with yours causing you distress and maybe you are trying to somehow project this psychological distress onto others on public forums to make you feel better?

You seem abnormally focused of other's family matters (instead of the actual thread topics) to the point of it being an obsession. You were already displaying a strange "victim" card in a previous thread as a 'legitimate" excuse for conduct that another member here agreed was unhealthy. Now you are really going down the rabbit hole. You are coming across as a wacko.

@RescueRanger
I guess a relationship where you obsessively malign the racial background of your significant other is perfectly fine for you. Keep telling yourself that.

And you’re telling me I’m the wacko lol the lack of self awareness ffs 🤦‍♂️

Being married to someone whose life goal is to spread hatred against your race and country of origin.

hahaha!! Just by posting news articles? This article is somehow about hatred? Really?

I guess a relationship where you obsessively malign the racial background of your significant other is perfectly fine for you.

Wow really!! The articles I post racially malign people? Are you sure this is your brain talking and not your extremely fragile glass-heart??

I'm just posting news articles. Are you saying for example this article is all about hatred or racial maligning?? I don't think so at all. Why do you perpetually play the victim card over and over and over and over and over and over? What is with you???

Speaking of maligning...(which your glass heart can never see) I'm not in the replies calling people on PDF names or being like you guys in the replies frantically rationalizing things with name calling or quickly pointing your fingers left and right at some sinister mystery boogeyman people must be.

which is pretty ironic considering he's not even white..
:rolleyes1: Bravo! Right on cue! Good 'ole maligning!

Straight to the personal attacks as the typical knee-jerk response reaction to any article you dislike...and if I replied in the same manner to your posts in the Americas section...tower9 would be quickly jumping up and down in an incredible rabid frenzy pulling out his victim card and pointing and screaming about it being a classic example of hatred and racism towards Asians. LOL!

Remember tower9 only Asian members are victims...

main-qimg-68985c1ea676172d26735aae3be9fc3d-lq

Here's you preferred card tower9...as they used to say in old commercials..."don't leave home without it"

31BnjCC-rlL._AC_SY780_.jpg

Last edited:
hahaha!! Just by posting news articles? This article is somehow about hatred? Really?

Wow really!! The articles I post racially malign people? Are you sure this is your brain talking and not your extremely fragile glass-heart??

I'm just posting news articles. Are you saying for example this article is all about hatred or racial maligning?? I don't think so at all. Why do you perpetually play the victim card over and over and over and over and over and over? What is with you???

Speaking of maligning...(which your glass heart can never see) I'm not in the replies calling people on PDF names or being like you guys in the replies frantically rationalizing things with name calling or quickly pointing your fingers left and right at some sinister mystery boogeyman people must be.

:rolleyes1: Bravo! Right on cue! Good 'ole maligning!

Straight to the personal attacks as the typical knee-jerk response reaction to any article you dislike...and if I replied in the same manner to your posts in the Americas section...tower9 would be quickly jumping up and down in an incredible rabid frenzy pulling out his victim card and pointing and screaming about it being a classic example of hatred and racism towards Asians. LOL!

Remember tower9 only Asian members are victims...

main-qimg-68985c1ea676172d26735aae3be9fc3d-lq

Here's you preferred card tower9...as they used to say in old commercials..."don't leave home without it"

31BnjCC-rlL._AC_SY780_.jpg
You sure love to gaslight. Enjoy your toxic life dude.

According to Second Convention of Peking (1898) indeed stated that Hongkong Territories were leased to UK for 99 years rent-free.

Claude MacDonald, the British representative during the convention, picked a '99-year lease' because he thought it was "as good as forever". Britain did not think they would ever have to give the territories back :enjoy: My advice : Never underestimate Chinese people Determination

The_Convention_for_the_Extension_of_Hong_Kong_Territory_%28Ch%27ing_version%29.png

Even Thatcher (in 1982) admit that they cannot do anything (Legally and Militarly) to prevent Chinese got their leased territories back.
Thatcher later recounted that Deng had told her directly "I could walk in and take the whole lot this afternoon," to which she replied, "There is nothing I could do to stop you, ......"

This is what happen after that 1982 meeting (In the front of Great Hall of The People of China, Beijing)
FRgV49_aIAARRQx

Last edited:
Even Thatcher (in 1982) admit that they cannot do anything (Legally and Militarly) to prevent Chinese got their leased territories back.
Thatcher later recounted that Deng had told her directly "I could walk in and take the whole lot this afternoon," to which she replied, "There is nothing I could do to stop you, ......"

This is what happen after that 1982 meeting (In the front of Great Hall of The People of China, Beijing)
FRgV49_aIAARRQx
Thatcher just won the Falkland war, she thought she could threaten Deng. lol

According to Second Convention of Peking (1898) indeed stated that Hongkong Territories were leased to UK for 99 years rent-free.

Claude MacDonald, the British representative during the convention, picked a '99-year lease' because he thought it was "as good as forever". Britain did not think they would ever have to give the territories back :enjoy: My advice : Never underestimate Chinese people Determination

If he actually thought 99 was as good as forever he simply would have put “forever” in the document instead of 99 and saved any future questioning about his intentions.

My advice : Never underestimate Chinese people Determination

I’m not sure the waiting game was a great example of determination.

Look at “forever” lease Guantanamo. Now at year 119. I’m sure once the Castro cronies are gone it will be returned…and that isn’t due to some great display of determination.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom