What's new

Hong Kong was not British colony as China did not recognise unequal treaties ceding city to Britain, new textbooks reveal

Did UK textbook tell their children. Great Britain force opium on China and even start opium war to force Opium freely/legally sold/trade in China. They even forcefully invade and capture a colony called HongKong from China...

Talking about whitewash... LOL.

Probably..don't know...but hopefully the section isn't titled "The Opium War and the Humiliation of China" as when i do a search i find this.

Probably..don't know...but hopefully the section isn't titled "The Opium War and the Humiliation of China" as when i do a search i see this.
Precisely, UK textbook wouldnt tell their children of their forefather evil drug cartel , plunder other wealth like pirates and robber. And this selective article by UK try to tell off China of what is whitewash?

Maybe you want to tell me there no such thing called opium war. UK just try to force whitewashing powder onto Chinese to teach them better of washing clothes. British in the 18/19 century are such civilized gentlemen! :rofl:

Precisely, UK textbook wouldnt tell their children of their forefather evil drug cartel , plunder other wealth like pirates and robber. And this selective article by UK try to tell off China of what is whitewash?

Maybe you want to tell me there no such thing called opium war. UK just try to force whitewashing powder onto Chinese to teach them better of washing clothes. British in the 18/19 century are such civilized gentlemen! :rofl:
Savages by any standard !

Probably..don't know...but hopefully the section isn't titled "The Opium War and the Humiliation of China" as when i do a search i find this.
Tell u what, the UK author shall take a mirror and take a good look at himself before he spew rubbish again about China.

I dunno..for all we know they actually may highlight all that as a positive not a negative.

To be honest, I was very confused. Why would an American defend British colonization of Chinese territory in a Forum in Pakistan. Pakistan also has a history of British colonization.

To be honest, I was very confused. Why would an American defend British colonization of Chinese territory in a Forum in Pakistan. Pakistan also has a history of British colonization.
US is a former colony of Great Britain. :enjoy:

You are confused because you don't find Government's rewriting history to be an issue at all so the problem is not popping right out at you. I'm sure you are used to the Chinese Government doing this and so take it for granted..others find it a slippery slope where you then end up not knowing what to believe.

Look at how this guy says it was one of the main reasons for the USSR collapse.

Misleading title. Nobody can deny the British rule in Hong Kong. Every Chinese student knows that history. What the new textbook does is to stop GLORIFYING the British rule.

dont you love the colonialist tone of this article?

they put "unequal treaties" in quotation marks. as if its not a fact, but a chinese claim. British taking over lands 1000s of miles away. and enslaving people to loot all the lands resources is seen as some sort of "just treatY"?

and also make it feel like Hong kong is some legitimate british territory, filled with "british people" that China is unjustly occupying. White countries 10000km away has more rights to the land then China (whos people are indistinguishable from hong kongers)

The era of colonialism is over. The faster britain realizes its an irrelevant middle power/US puppet state. not the british empire, the easier the transition will be for them.

Back
Top Bottom