What's new

Hockey World Cup

@Jana

Pakistan boosted by surprise Indian fan support

Wednesday, 03 Mar, 2010

Pakistan's players acknowledge the crowd after winning the International Hockey Federation (FIH) World Cup 2010 field hockey match against Spain. -Photo by AP

The Pakistani hockey team were delighted to find some unlikely support from the Indian fans supporting them in their World Cup Pool B match against Spain at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium on Tuesday.

Pakistan's veteran player Sohail Abbas said it was a pleasant change and certainly a surprise keeping in mind that the same people were vociferously rooting against them on the first day during their game against India.

Abbas said that the whole squad felt as if they were playing at home. He made the comment after his team's 2-1 victory over the Spaniards.

“After a long time, we found some crowd support in India. It was a great feeling and we felt as if we are playing in Lahore or Karachi,” said the star drag flicker while talking to IANS.

Having lost their first match to India, the win against Spain has brightened Pakistan's hopes of fighting for a semi-final berth from their pool.

“The pool has opened now and after Australia's loss to England in the first game, it seems that every team has a chance of making the semis,” he said.

“We will put this victory behind us and prepare for the next match. We are not thinking of the semi-final or the final. We are taking one game at a time,” he said.

DAWN.COM | Sport | Pakistan boosted by surprise Indian fan support

@ Justin

Pakistan had lost the match against India so expect the Claps from the crowd anyway

had they won the match....... thats where we would have seen if they had cheered the Pakistani team or not

Live telecast with Indians raising Indian flags and cheering for Pakistan in Dubai/Abu Dhabi.

now the world cup was not in UAE. Was it?

GB

and you figured out they were from India and supporting Pakistan :rofl::rofl::rofl:

you are a genius

I think the killers were INDIAN Police very much Indians not from mars.

So you think? Any link for above claim?

Why not. On a some good move by Pakistani players in the ground. Just like we appreciate good shot by Indian cricket players or a good catch in ground.

On another note we have seen the behavior of learned Indian members even on this forum after India won. It was really disappointing to act in a cheap way.

Indian fans only support their country.

India Pakistan matches are not England-Australia. India-Pakistan matches are always mixed up with enemity and emotions.

You are expecting too much. Tommorrow you might want us to sing Pakistan national anthem instead of Indian anthem just so that you feel better.

No one know when he/she will be picked by Indians on pretext of being ISI agent.

How many cricket fans are picked up as ISI agents till date?

GB

and you figured out they were from India and supporting Pakistan :rofl::rofl::rofl:

you are a genius

So you figure out that some Pakistani's were holding and waving Indian flags during a Pakistan v/s England / NZ match?

You are even more genius.

GB

So you figure out that some Pakistani's were holding and waving Indian flags during a Pakistan v/s England / NZ match?

You are even more genius.

GB
how did you figure out they are supporting Pakistan :rofl::rofl::rofl: you should call them traiters.............. they are supporting your enemies :lol::lol:

@ Justin

Pakistan had lost the match against India so expect the Claps from the crowd anyway

had they won the match....... thats where we would have seen if they had cheered the Pakistani team or not

Dude, check the support Pakistan team got in Spain match. obviously in India vs Pak contest (in India) India will be the crowd's favourite and the same goes for Pakistan if the contest in held in pakistan.

This is the difference between us and you.

GB

well i can only speak from my own expereince

oh well do you know this guy?

2bab0844c28da00e638d06cb1cf1fbda.jpg

He is holding two flags (Indian and Pakistani flag) and cheering for both Nations. He is from Pakistan........ :partay:

But behind our row there was another row with whom we almost had a fight.......... they were using very harsh language for Pakistan after india was about to win the match (Warm up match of Pak vs Ind) but the security guyz came and the matter was resolved :angry::angry:

oh well do you know this guy?

He is holding two flags (Indian and Pakistani flag) and cheering for both Nations. He is from Pakistan........ :partay:

But behind our row there was another row with whom we almost had a fight.......... they were using very harsh language for Pakistan after india was about to win the match (Warm up match of Pak vs Ind) but the security guyz came and the matter was resolved :angry::angry:

lol..who do you think you are fooling with the edited pic?? Try harder next time..!!!
The guy with the bottle is holding only Indian flag. The Pakistani flag is being held by the guy in black which you have edited out, but pity his hand remained, too bad :D

Last edited:
Aray bhai bhartyon ko choro yeh batao hum England say kitnay gole say haray hain :undecided:

we were 2-2 at one stage and in last 10-15 minutes they managed to goal 3 more

England 5 and Pakistan 2 :flame:

Now we need to win both of our next matches with great margin in order to stay in the tournament

otherwise we are out

lol..who do you think you are fooling with the edited pic?? Try harder next time..!!!
The guy with the bottle is holding only Indian flag. The Pakistani flag is being held by the guy in black which you have edited out, but pity his hand remained, too bad :D

and that guy is me :rofl::rofl:

I edited picture because i didn't want to show my picture here :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am also a Pakistani

wearing Black shirt

That was a good joke though.......... never stop criticizing for no reason

Back
Top Bottom