What's new

HIT hands over 570 tanks to Pakistan Army

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
TAXILA, Feb

11 (APP): The Standing Committee of National Assembly on Defence Production on Wednesday was apprised that Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) has handed over 570 stateoftheart tanks to Pakistan Army.

During a briefing to the visiting committee headed by Sheikh Aftab Ahmed
Chairman HIT Lt. General Ayyaz Salim Rana informed that HIT would handover a lot of 30 tanks to Pakistan Army by mid this year.
He said with the completion of the last batch of 30 tanks would accomplish the project of manufacturing of 600 Alkhalid and Alzarrar main battle tanks.

The HIT was awarded project by Pakistan Army in 2002.

In addition to the manufacturing of tanks, HIT also manufactures Armed Personnel Carriers (APCs), Security Vehicles and other defence related machinery while it plans to start manufacture Dozers, Prime Movers, Dumpers
and equipment of commercial value.

HIT has been negotiating deals for supply of Security Vehicles to provincial government of NWFP.
http://www.app.com.pk/en_/index2.php?option=com_content&do_pdf=1&id=67720

Mashall and Subhanallah

Great News for Pakistan Indeed, I hope Pakistan will soon Start the Exports as well. AMEEN.

So the 570 tanks are a mix of Al-Zarrar and Al-Khalid MBT's?
Anyhow, once again, positive news which puts a smile on my face.
These tanks add the extra punch we need regarding infantry and ground warfare, but then again, India lately bought alot of Anti-tank guns and is continue to produce alot more, seems like they've been prepared for this.

Mashallah great news keep it coming HIT!

Mashallah great news keep it coming HIT!

Yes indeed, seeing the Indian defence section filled with threads of India's latest purchases and equipment, you'd wonder what our army has been cooking or preparing, luckily, we are not dissapointed and I hope to see more and more threads like these with good news. :tup:

Asalam Alaikum...
MashAllah great job. Amazing. This is gives a lot of hope for the defence of of Pakistan in the near future. :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Yes indeed, seeing the Indian defence section filled with threads of India's latest purchases and equipment, you'd wonder what our army has been cooking or preparing, luckily, we are not dissapointed and I hope to see more and more threads like these with good news. :tup:

they can put in defence section what ever they want, but as reality bites,BAHAMOS misile failed, & most of thier projects failed.:lol:
they have a edge on us ,only on papers or in bollywood movies!:rofl:;):agree:

Back
Top Bottom