What's new

History of Pakistan Air Force

Would love to read your book sir...

PS: This thread has been a fun read.

No I am sorry the Air Marshall was talking about a very old book named 1971 War it wasn't a book it just had a few missions.Plus he read Great Battles of PAF, The new one will be better .
The publisher and I have a deal so just give me some time, Its just hard to track retired officers and some are so old that their memories are all screwed up. I am trying to ask about a mission and he is taking about sex, I suppose in his age thats a mission to and a dangerous one.

Still a misssion worth listening to:azn::cheesy:
Araz

If someone wants the details of air combat as mentioned by pilots themselves,
I would like to mention two outstanding urdu books written by Marhoom Inayat Ullah, the Editor of mahnama Hikayat.

A book full of photos is "PAk FIZAYA KAY SHAHEEN". But this book is about 1965 war and the initial years of PAF.

Then another book by the same author without pictures but with 1971 events is "PAK FIZAYA KI DASTAN-E-SHUJAAT".

The publisher, I think, is Maktaba-e-Dastan, Lahore.

It is really heartening to read that our heros are equally praised for their professionalism and courage by adversaries. :pakistan:

I would like to ask the eminent memebrs regarding involvement of PAF in Kargil operation. It is believed that when Kargil opeartion was being orchestrated by Army, PAF was not involved in the nitty gritty of the operatioanl planning. Or PAF did not agree with Army Planners. Thats why, IAF Mirage 2000 were able to hit on Pak Army. Also IAF planed used to intrude into Pak territory. Army shot down one Mig-23, however, PAF did not agressively maintain patrolling over the LOC, do deter any intruding enemy aircarft. (Is it really so...).

It is really heartening to read that our heros are equally praised for their professionalism and courage by adversaries. :pakistan:

I would like to ask the eminent memebrs regarding involvement of PAF in Kargil operation. It is believed that when Kargil opeartion was being orchestrated by Army, PAF was not involved in the nitty gritty of the operatioanl planning. Or PAF did not agree with Army Planners. Thats why, IAF Mirage 2000 were able to hit on Pak Army. Also IAF planed used to intrude into Pak territory. Army shot down one Mig-23, however, PAF did not agressively maintain patrolling over the LOC, do deter any intruding enemy aircarft. (Is it really so...).

In 1965 and 1971 both sides Praised each other in-fact several of our men and several of there men got medals because there commander wrote letters to the commander on the other side Praising one man's efforts or the groups efforts.

is it use by paf in 1947
HAWKER TYPHOON (TEMPSET I)

SPIETFIRE

is it use by paf in 1947
HAWKER TYPHOON (TEMPSET I)

SPIETFIRE

PAF got DH-82 Tigermoths, Hawker Tempest IIs, Harvards, Hawker Furys, from 1947-1950. no Spitfires.

I wish we had spitfires. I never flew them when I was in the PAF or in any other Air Force, but flew them over Nevada Desert last year. That plane is all fury:guns: Perfection I envy WWII pilots.

Murad sahib,

Is there anything in the air that you have not flown or seen up close?? :P Amazing experience! :tup:

Murad sahib,

Is there anything in the air that you have not flown or seen up close?? :P Amazing experience! :tup:

Most of the time I get to see stuff at fallonAFB but yes dont dont let me in the NIght Hawk Hanger and the B1-b hanger.

some says paf use spietfire in karachi airbase
this paintings from HUSSAINY a officel paf painter

An important part of PAF's history is its operations against tribals in FATA. The first operations started as soon as 1948-1949, when the Srinagar was being taken by Indian Air Force and they gained air supremacy over Kashmir and PAF "seems" to have been busy in FATA.

Indian Air Force forced our cargo planes to fly only at night, after an attack on a Dakota. Our Tempest fighters were stationed at Miransha for operations against tribals.

A major part of those operations was against Fakir of Ippi. Fakir was a hero of armed struggle against the british raj. Somehow PAF started operations against Fakir too and continued it for many years. Near Army Stadium Peshawar, there a road named "Fakir Ippi Road", so he is hero and culprit at the same time. This also shows the polarity between the thinking of NWFP and federal government.

Even the first use of Sabres seems to be against tribals in early 1960s. When I went to Peshawar Air Force base on 7th Sept and saw a Sabre near the entry gate, I went near by to read the text on metal plate. I was extremely disappointed when I read that this Sabre was used in operations in FATA before even the 1965 war.

I dont know whether our rulers were/are more intelligent than Quaid-e-Azam, who handed over all tribals areas to tribals themselves. He ordered that this area shall be controlled by tribals themselves.

I would like if Murad Sahib can present us details of these operations and more importantly that who ordered these operations???. First the operations of 1948-1949 and then the operations of early 1960s. After that we can relate the past record to the current situation.

i have A PIX of spitfire at peshawer air base in july 1947

i have A PIX of spitfire at peshawer air base in july 1947

all spits were part of the RIAF before partition. many PAF pilots had experience flying the spits when they were in the RIAF. some spits were donated to the PAF but were not operational. check PAF history books.

THNX FRIEND
CAN U TELL ME THE NAME OF PAF HISTORY BOOK
ACTULLY I NEED AN INFORMATION OF PAF DH-104 DOVE
I NEED THE IMAGE OF THIS

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom