What's new

History of Pakistan Air Force

I will get the figures for Def.pk. It took some time for us to except and it took some time for India to except that there plane went down.
Now what is happening the same people who didn't get credit for some reason now there students are very senior officer and they are putting as ( claimed by both ) But I will get will and put it on the thread give me a day

Blue on Blue remains unsolved yet :undecided:

As Blain has mentioned, it’s in the history books…and there is nothing secret about it.
It happened on April 29,1987, while two F-16s were scrambled against intruding Mig-23s....in the heat of battle leader shot his No.2…..call it blue on blue or own goal but in the fog of war such things happen sometimes…Defaulters were taken to task and hopefully such things don’t happen again…

Air attacks or such efforts on our nuclear installations is the topic that remains in the mystery....Some valid information shall be really thrilling for me......

Some years ago, almost 8-9 years ago, I read in a pakistani urdu newspaper the details of a attacks on pakistani nuclear installations....in which two Israeli F-15 Eagles and Indian Jaguars were shot down.....and that the PAF
inked a deal that in exchange for not showing the details to the world, PAF would get spare parts for its F-16s.....Thus the McDonnel Douglas could claim that F-15 remains unbeaten in air.....

and the details about the period when F-16s were ordered to do 24h CAP over nuclear installations......

The story in that newspaper also mentioned a PAF pilot who had defected to Israelis or Indians and he was supposed to lead that attack or give help in planning. I heard Lt Gen (R) Hamid Gul on the TV too discussing this pilot.

So what are the details?...when exactly all this took place?..which aircrafts participated in the battle?....which pilots? how many kills?....

This seems to be a mission everyone would be interested to know about and make everyone proud of PAF....

Sorry to say but this story has too many loop holes......

Why would Israelis’ need a Pakistani pilot to attack our nuclear facilities’??? Did they use Iraqi pilots when they attack their reactor? Or will we need Indian pilots to attack on Adampur or Jaisalmir? Secondly, when we shot Indian UAV, it was all over the news, so do you assume that PAF shot two Israeli F-15s and an IAF Jaguar and no one know about it …..:undecided:

I don’t know that who thinks of such stories and why people believe them…trust me, no PAF pilot ever defected to India and no such engagements took place as well… :disagree:

I think may be u forgot the "Kwahish Khan" who had defected to Israelis. The story of Kwahish khan was published in a booklet named "Know Your Enemy" by Air HQ or Rear Air HQ.

You may get a copy now and see whats inside.

Air attacks or such efforts on our nuclear installations is the topic that remains in the mystery....Some valid information shall be really thrilling for me......

Some years ago, almost 8-9 years ago, I read in a pakistani urdu newspaper the details of a attacks on pakistani nuclear installations....in which two Israeli F-15 Eagles and Indian Jaguars were shot down.....and that the PAF
inked a deal that in exchange for not showing the details to the world, PAF would get spare parts for its F-16s.....Thus the McDonnel Douglas could claim that F-15 remains unbeaten in air.....

and the details about the period when F-16s were ordered to do 24h CAP over nuclear installations......

The story in that newspaper also mentioned a PAF pilot who had defected to Israelis or Indians and he was supposed to lead that attack or give help in planning. I heard Lt Gen (R) Hamid Gul on the TV too discussing this pilot.

So what are the details?...when exactly all this took place?..which aircrafts participated in the battle?....which pilots? how many kills?....

This seems to be a mission everyone would be interested to know about and make everyone proud of PAF....

No that is not true we never shot any F-15 or any other plane the last plane we shot was in Kargil thats it, No Paksitani officer, Airmen, or Jawan has defected to India.
Second thing I want you to understand that the nuclear Facilities in pakistan are all no fly zone, They will shot you down you have 5 min to get out of that zone or your *** is fried.
Third because it is a no fly zone No one even PAF pilots dont know what they have on the ground specially what we have in air is so deadly that no fighter plane can come close to the facility.

^^^we have to really stop this rumour mongering.

Administrators can delete any of my posts if they think its against the national interest. Although the definition of national interest is different for everyone and varies from person to person, I would not get annoyed if my post is deleted according to any definition of national interest.

Administrators can delete any of my posts if they think its against the national interest. Although the definition of national interest is different for everyone and varies from person to person, I would not get annoyed if my post is deleted according to any definition of national interest.

my friend national interest does not come into play when such a incident never happened.

With IAF Veterans

Aviation writer Pushpindar Singh invited us to dinner at his home in Delhi; it was attended by a couple of IAF veterans as well. These included Air Marshal (R) Denzil Keelor of Keelor brothers fame (Trevor was his twin brother, both flew Hunters in the same squadron in 1965, both Vir Chakras), as well as Air Marshal Mini Bawa Singh of the Longewala 1971 fame.

We mostly discussed Indo-Pak Wars from an academic standpoint. Keelor made two startling disclosures. He said that S/L Alaudin (Butch) was killed by a rifleman as he descended from his parachute. This is in contrast to our story of Alaudin having hit the debris of an exploding ammo train. He also disclosed that in 1971 he was convalescing in CMH Delhi after an ejection from a MiG-21 (AAA hit), when he found out that two PAF pilots had been brought to the same ward. Both had been badly beaten by the crowd after ejecting from their B-57. They were F/L Javed Iqbal and F/L Ghulam Murtaza. Javed died a day later, while Murtaza survived for about 3 weeks. Both were buried in Nizam-ud-din Auliya graveyard in New Delhi. Their graves are known to the keepers of the Dargah and some Pakistani delegations have visited the graves in the past. So far, the cause of death of the two aircrew was known to PAF as ejection injuries. So Keelor's disclosure is quite a revelation.

Keelor also said that while he was in service, he thought that Muslims had a fair share in India, but after retiring he has come to the conclusion that they have got a raw deal and are looked at with suspicion everywhere in India. (Keelor is a Christian, by the way).
Air Marshal Bawa Singh turned out to be quite a character. He started off by saying that he had several questions. His first was: Why didn't the PAF activate Jacobabad when the Army was planning the Longewala operation? To this I replied that there was a lack of co-ordination. He then said that his second question was: Why was there lack of co-ordination? To this one I replied that it happens everywhere, including IAF and Indian Army, and we have surely learned a lesson. He then came up with a very apt Urdu sh'er (verse) which was a masterpiece, considering the situation we were discussing. Drunk as he was, he then lost track of his question numbers and his 3rd question was a repeat of the first, the 4th was a repeat of the second……and each was followed by a sh'er that would turn Mir Taqi Mir in his grave. This went on for some time, till he was in complete control of the evening and offered a challenge to us Pakistanis to match him in Urdu shaairee. Of course our "khudee ko kar buland itna' did not cut much ice with him and he roared "tussi sanoo Sikhan noon kee samjia hai… hun karo gal"…. Of course I was floored!!
Bawa Singh had read my book earlier, so he asked me why hadn't I covered some of IAF's great dogfights. I replied that since he was retired and had all the time, he could do the needful. I also added, tongue-in-cheek, that it won't be a fat book as there weren't enough 'good' IAF dogfights. Just when I thought I had got the better of him, he came up with a most apt reply in the form of yet another hilarious sh'er which was a knock-out.
In the course of the evening, Pushpindar Singh put me through on phone, to retired Air Marshal Dev Nath Rathore who could not attend the party due to sickness. Rathore is the one who had shot down our Sqn Ldr Rafiqui over Halwara.. I will quote Rathore verbatim: " I always wanted to convey to you my warm regards, and am glad to be talking to you. I must state that wars are bad and cause too much suffering. Though I had a kill, but I never felt good because a life had been lost in that encounter, at my hands. After having read your book, I really felt very sad about Rafiqui as I now realise what a great pilot and officer he was. If you are in contact with any of his family members please convey my sincere regrets about the whole incident." Rathore's sincerity was evident in his voice, I am certain about that. I shall shortly visit Mr Aizaz Rafiqui (brother) to convey Air Marshal Rathore's message.
Well, all in all, it was an interesting interaction and a great evening. Pushpindar was a wonderful host.

I salute these brave souls from the bottom of my heart. MK

Dear MuradK,

Sir, absolutely WoW!

can u please give me the name of your book.

What book? Did I mention a book, I got had an attack of amnesia:lol:

You will get it my friend.

Murad K Saheb
What a revelation. We have an author amongst us. What is the name of your Book?
Regards
Araz

Murad K Saheb
What a revelation. We have an author amongst us. What is the name of your Book?
Regards
Araz

No I am sorry the Air Marshall was talking about a very old book named 1971 War it wasn't a book it just had a few missions.Plus he read Great Battles of PAF, The new one will be better .
The publisher and I have a deal so just give me some time, Its just hard to track retired officers and some are so old that their memories are all screwed up. I am trying to ask about a mission and he is taking about sex, I suppose in his age thats a mission to and a dangerous one.

Back
Top Bottom