What's new

History of Afghans (Articles and Pictures)

I think it was pretty well known that Hazara are not pure mongloid people. Trained eye can see that in phenotype, they don't really look like east asians.
I have seen lot of hazaras and they have narrow eyes , epicanthic folds, high cheek bone and small beards....these are very strong mongoloid traits. Very few of them have iranic features being dominant in them.
Uzbeks on the other hand, have very tricky and diverse features, lot many of them look plain caucasoid (not purely), others are mongoloid but also not purely.

Yes it is funny, I still remember the day in 80s when I was in primary school and that one of my friends in school told me that he is "Arain" by caste/biradari and my child brain was like what is this caste/biradari thing, the first thing that I asked my mother after returning from the school on that day was that what is this caste/biradari thing my friend was talking about in the school and what is our caste/biradari and I still remember my mother told me that we are "kashmiri" by caste/tribe, I took it just like a biradari name and for years had no idea that it was derived from a geographical place in the north of punjab.
Due to PTV , i got familiar with kashmir and kashmiris very earlier, there used to be kashmir cell segment and angaar vaadi and laag serials were very popular among us. Beside that, every bakeri in our town is kashmir bakers, owned by kashmiris. Interestingly there is a village by name of kot kashmir in the lakki marwat. I thought it may has some thing to do with kashmir but turns out it was named after person by name of kashmir khan.

Last edited:
I have seen lot of hazaras and they have narrow eyes , epicanthic folds, high cheek bone and small beards....these are very strong mongoloid traits. Very few of them have iranic features being dominant in them.
Uzbeks on the other hand, have very tricky and diverse features, lot many of them look plain caucasoid (not purely), others are mongoloid but also not purely.

Due to PTV , i got familiar with kashmir and kashmiris very earlier, there used to be kashmir cell segment and angaar vaadi and laag serials were very popular among us. Beside that, every bakeri in our town is kashmir bakers, owned by kashmiris. Interestingly there is a village by name of kot kashmir in the lakki marwat. I thought it may has some thing to do with kashmir but turns out it was named after person by name of kashmir khan.

I diasgree here. At first when I saw some photos of Hazaras I also thought that they were pure Mongoloids but if you look closely and more photos of them you can see that they are a Eurasian population and not Mongoloids. The same goes for Uyghurs. Uyghurs and Hazaras are based on genetics 50% Mongoloid/Caucasoid on average. Of course Hazara and Uyghur individuals can be either more Mong or Cauc. Influenced but the average is 50:50

Oh and Uzbeks are 40% Mongoloid and 60% Caucasoid on average.

Here is a good genetic spreadsheet for you. Here you can see the average component results of populations worldwide and the sources

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ArAJcY18g2GadC1kRjhxcHNfSGhPYlUxbEI0VVZPR0E&pli=1

East Asian and Siberian are Mongoloid components

Attachments

• 236af7c489e6325dd066f39fa7af6350.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

What i meant they don't really look like ''east asians'' despite having mongloid features. Its like Indian jammu/Nepalis looking like between east asian and Indians. Hazara look like between afghan and mongloid. I also think mongloid part is pretty dominant so it will show up most of the times.

I diasgree here. At first when I saw some photos of Hazaras I also thought that they were pure Mongoloids but if you look closely and more photos of them you can see that they are a Eurasian population and not Mongoloids. The same goes for Uyghurs. Uyghurs and Hazaras are based on genetics 50% Mongoloid/Caucasoid on average. Of course Hazara and Uyghur individuals can be either more Mong or Cauc. Influenced but the average is 50:50

Oh and Uzbeks are 40% Mongoloid and 60% Caucasoid on average.

Here is a good genetic spreadsheet for you. Here you can see the average component results of populations worldwide and the sources

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ArAJcY18g2GadC1kRjhxcHNfSGhPYlUxbEI0VVZPR0E&pli=1

East Asian and Siberian are Mongoloid components

I DON'T KNOw WHAT YOU MEAN BY THEY Look european. They do not look european from any angle.

Edit: there is error in my keyboard

Last edited:
What i meant they don't really look like ''east asians'' despite having mongloid features. Its like Indian jammu/Nepalis looking like between east asian and Indians. Hazara look like between afghan and mongloid. I also think mongloid part is pretty dominant so it will show up most of the times.

I DON'T KNOw WHAT YOU MEAN BY THEY Look european. They do not look european from any angle.

I meant that they are genetically half Caucasoid not European. Europeans are not the only ones who are Caucasoid. Iranians and South Asians are also Caucasoids

I meant that they are genetically half Caucasoid not European. Europeans are not the only ones who are Caucasoid. Iranians and South Asians are also Caucasoids

Ok just got confused.

That is correct the mongoloid genes are very strong when it comes to phenotype, I remember one of my distant cousin who married a japanese woman and his daughter had no sign of pakistani features on the her face she looked plain japanese though she was genetically half-pakistani.

I think thats how hazaras look on average
241959bf99421d483c1f016c7751b2ab.jpg

31c2a455a749e10b58518790145c69ef._.jpg

Yes it is funny, I still remember the day in 80s when I was in primary school and that one of my friends in school told me that he is "Arain" by caste/biradari and my child brain was like what is this caste/biradari thing, the first thing that I asked my mother after returning from the school on that day was that what is this caste/biradari thing my friend was talking about in the school and what is our caste/biradari and I still remember my mother told me that we are "kashmiri" by caste/tribe, I took it just like a biradari name and for years had no idea that it was derived from a geographical place in the north of punjab.

And you are right, 70-80% of new generation have stopped using biraderi surnames in Punjab. Only family will know it who they are. Many Punjabi- Kashmiris do not use butt surname, or for that matter any Kashmiri origin surname. My school day friend turned out Dar.

While recently selected crickter Awais Zia from Chakwal is Kashmiri of Mir origin but do not use surname. Raheel Sharif family uses rana while he is just Raheel Sharif.

And you are right, 70-80% of new generation have stopped using biraderi surnames in Punjab. Only family will know it who they are. Many Punjabi- Kashmiris do not use butt surname, or for that matter any Kashmiri origin surname. My school day friend turned out Dar.

While recently selected crickter Awais Zia from Chakwal is Kashmiri of Mir origin but do not use surname. Raheel Sharif family uses rana while he is just Raheel Sharif.

I think it is personal choice, I personally like to be addressed with my own name instead of my surname which is often the case when people get familiar with my baradari name.
However in germany and all over europe the family names or surnames are essential part of your official documents, they were amazed that I did not have a surname with my name because at first they thought the second part of my name is perhaps my surname but I clarified to them that both first and second parts of my name are my own names because it is not important in our country to use surname with your names, they were kind of surprised.

For example germans have surnames such as müller, koch, maier, schmidt etc. A german guy even told me that surnames in germany were in some cases actually invented by people to fulfil the conditions for having a surname in official documentations since perhaps last one or two centuries, he told me that some people created very fancy surnames for themselves for example the founder of facebook Mark zuckerberg is of german jewish descent and the german guy told me that "zuckerberg" is in all probability an invented surname because it means "mountain of sugar" however some surnames in germany have historical background for example the most common surname among germans is "Mülller" which designates that the ancestors of the persons with this surname were grain grinders (chakki wale), Schmidt (lohar), Schuhmacher (shoe maker or mochi), Bäcker (baker or tandoor wala) , imagine some of these surnames will be considered kammi surnames in pakistani punjab :lol: but germans take pride in these surnames and the professions of their ancestors.

Last edited:
I have seen this picture in one internet video about pashtuns but I thought it was from tribal areas of FATA, didn't know that it belonged to marwats.
Pictures of marwat by British , like this one, are extremely rare. British were mostly fascinated with turbulent tribes of FATA.

e4fb14c3b59d9aa3971dc04370049345.jpg

Mir Mast Afridi on extreme left, with other pashtun soldiers in Iraq 1915. They were part of the mission for kabul comprising of german and ottoman diplomatic personnel, to convince emir of afghanistan to join the central powers.
Mir mast along with some other afridi soldiers had deserted british army in france and switched over to germany side in support of ottomans. Germany awarded him iron cross, in tit for tat British awarded victoria cross to his brother Mir Dast.

9df00b2ad7d36d1dcbc523c15ec2f4f4.jpg

8660ac89eaa52c6dc611a7d2e8c73610.jpg

Afzal Khan Lala, Dr.Najibullah, Dr Kabir Stori and Hidayat Bangash

Back
Top Bottom