What's new

History: A Chronology of Anti-Hindi Agitations in Tamil Nadu and What the Future Holds

I meant, periyar took the separatist ideology only in 1938 after hindi was made compulsory by the INC rajaji govt in the 1937. But bharathiyar died in the 1920s itself.

Rajaji as I know still had the dominant ideology as he himself was a brahmin. But again we cannot dispel their contribution to the Independence movement. And Periyar's separative ideology had very very few takers. The fact that Hindi is not compulsory in TN, is still a way to prove that democracy has its own way of work.

Rajaji as I know still had the dominant ideology as he himself was a brahmin. But again we cannot dispel their contribution to the Independence movement. And Periyar's separative ideology had very very few takers. The fact that Hindi is not compulsory in TN, is still a way to prove that democracy has its own way of work.
If periyar's ideology had very few takers, at first point rajaji wouldn't have resigned after the protests. May be outside TN very few might have listened his ideology, not inside.

There is no such thing as "Aryans" or "Dravidians" ,the Aryan invasion/migration theory is nothing more then a "divide and rule" type colonial lie from that pedo christian Max Muller. It has been debunked many times and even the BBC admitted it.Those ignorant Tamils who still believe in this need to get fuc**ng heads out of their a**es. Even a Faggot with a single digit IQ knows that skin color darkens as you go closer to the equator.

******** need to debunk AIT because they need to legitimatize their occupation of the sub continent or else it will make them invaders and weaken their claim that India belong to Hindus and Muslims are invaders.

Although, there is no historical evidence of Aryan invasion, however there are references from the vedas that indicate invasion. No direct invasion is mention in Aryans sources as they had to legitimatize rule and occupation of the land.

Indra, the supreme god of the early Rig Veda was known as Purandar (destroyer of forts), whose fort did Indra destroy and who inhabited or built these forts ?

There's no evidence of any Rig Vedic gods worshipped in IVC nor conducting horse sacrifices, an important animal to the Aryans - not found in India. In contrast - IVC Dravidian revered the bulls. Recent Indian govt ban (using PETA and SC) on IVC sports Jallikattu in Tamilnadu shows how India is trying to erase Tamils connection to IVC

Evolution of the Murukan from the Indus Valley Prototype Ahmuvan and his Role as a Mediator in the Process of Cultural and Religious Spheres with Linguistic and Astronomical Implications

http://murugan.org/research/valluvan3.htm

Ancient India was once called Ethiopia. Herodotus believed that the Ethiopians came from India. That belief can only make sense if the Indians were black. There were three different groups of Black people in Ancient India: the Dravidians, the Veddoids, and the Negritos.

The Dravidians were Cushites and the whole peninsula of India was peopled by these Cushites before the influx of the Aryans. (Ethiopia and the Origin of Civilization John G. Jackson pg 12) The term “Dravidian” is both an ethnic and language group. The modern day Dravidians are descendants of the Harappans. They were described as short, dolichocephalic (long headed from front to back), dark-skinned, with broad noses. Dolichocephaly is a characteristic of the Black race. (The African Origin of Civilization: Myth or Reality by Cheikh Anta Diop Lawrence Hill Books: Chicago, 1974,pg.122) There was a blood relationship between the Dravidians and the Ethiopian Sumerians. (From Babylon to Timbuktu by Rudolph Windsor, Atlanta: Windsor’s Golden Series, 2003, pg 17) In her book, Wonderful Ethiopians of the Ancient Empire, Drusilla Houston ties the Dravidians to the Black inhabitants of early western Asia:

https://saggigga.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/indusvalleycivilization/

If periyar's ideology had very few takers, at first point rajaji wouldn't have resigned after the protests. May be outside TN very few might have listened his ideology, not inside.

And what did he and Karuna did? They asked us to be atheists and throw of religious customs and marry little girls?

His separatist ideology also had very few takers and I was precisely talking of that.

And what did he and Karuna did? They asked us to be atheists and throw of religious customs and marry little girls?

His separatist ideology also had very few takers and I was precisely talking of that.
When did they asked us to marry little girls? You forgot the main man annadurai, who also came from the roots of periyar like karuna.. Till now TN was ruled only by the partys which has its roots with annadurai/periyar after kamarajar's defeat.

They asked us to follow atheism? When? Periyar hailed when a complete village of dalits embraced islam, just google you will get his speech. Periyar slammed hindu customs to precise, dalit discrimination, supported widow remarriages... But you people saw only his atheist views, and diminished his other achievements.

Last edited:
When did they asked us to marry little girls? You forgot the main man annadurai, who also came from the roots of periyar like karuna.. Till now TN was ruled only by the partys which has its roots with annadurai/periyar after kamarajar's defeat.

They asked us to follow atheism? When? Periyar hailed when a complete village of dalits embraced islam, just google you will get his speech. Periyar slammed hindu customs to precise, dalit discrimination, supported widow remarriages... But you people saw only his atheist views, and diminished his other achievements.

They married so , defended that action and when Anna questioned Periyar, he haughtily asked him to do the same if he wanted. Hurt, disappointed Anna started his own party.

And look. I have been a fan of Periyar in his efforts to weed out superstitions. I do my part in my own home and village in his name. But he did follow double standards like targetting Hindus alone. He didnt touch aspects of any other religion. He is criticised as so. But I am ready to take his positivenes in his message.

But what do u mean by other achievements? He tried to invoke separatism. But when he got 0.000000001% supporters he completely dropped that idea. U can call that hardly his achievements. The main achievements he brought was weeding out superstition in Hindu religion.

They married so , defended that action and when Anna questioned Periyar, he haughtily asked him to do the same if he wanted. Hurt, disappointed Anna started his own party.

And look. I have been a fan of Periyar in his efforts to weed out superstitions. I do my part in my own home and village in his name. But he did follow double standards like targetting Hindus alone. He didnt touch aspects of any other religion. He is criticised as so. But I am ready to take his positivenes in his message.

But what do u mean by other achievements? He tried to invoke separatism. But when he got 0.000000001% supporters he completely dropped that idea. U can call that hardly his achievements. The main achievements he brought was weeding out superstition in Hindu religion.

Periyar married a young widow in a society that hesitated to do so, as an example..

If he got 0.0001% supporters, can you tell me why rajaji resigned from the CM post in 1939 ? Periyar started his separatist ideology in 1938 and he married at 1948... What was annadurai's policy from 1948 to 1960s? annadurai dropped his separatist ideology only in the 1962... Even now karuna stated tamil nadu would have developed much better if we would have become a separate state, how many voices in TN opposed that?

Raising voice against hinduism in a hindu majority state at the 1930s wasn't an easy task, he was the first one to do so. If he got no supporters, he would have been trashed at first point. And he has nothing to do with hinduism personally, he just slammed the religious society that bars dalits and low castes from entering the temple and even walking on the streets with slippers, it happened to be hinduism. Other religious societies didn't had these kind of nonsense, so there is no reason for him criticise them... And you call he is specific only to hinduism?

Last edited:
Periyar married a young widow in a society that hesitated to do so, as an example..

If he got 0.0001% supporters, can you tell me why rajaji resigned from the CM post in 1939 ? Periyar started his separatist ideology in 1938 and he married at 1948... What was annadurai's policy from 1948 to 1960s? annadurai dropped his separatist ideology only in the 1962... Even now karuna stated tamil nadu would have developed much better if we would have become a separate state, how many voices in TN opposed that?

Raising voice against hinduism in a hindu majority state at the 1930s wasn't an easy task, he was the first one to do so. If he got no supporters, he would have been trashed at first point. And he has nothing to do with hinduism personally, he just slammed the religious society that bars dalits and low castes from entering the temple and even walking on the streets with slippers, it happened to be hinduism. Other religious societies didn't had these kind of nonsense, so there is no reason for him criticise them... And you call he is specific only to hinduism?

Are there dearth of old widows in society? Whom are u kidding with that claim? Rajaji didnt resign cos of Periyar alone. His downfall was because of his Hereditary education policy which every Tamil hook and corner opposed it.

Periyar had a way of high handedness resulting in split. He suspended and started protests as a joke against the British. Anna had already fought with Periyar on the issue of "Black Shirts", and Anna as a mark of protest, wore an overgrown black shirt at a public meet.

How can u tell other religious societies didnt have that kind of nonsence? Have Islam, Christianity eliminated caste in Tamil Nadu? A big Lol for u. Why didnt he fight for rights for Muslim womens? Cos he was expecting favors from Jinnah. :lol:

The Anna-Periyar showdown is folklore in Tamil Nadu. Annadurai was in shadows of Periyar, not able to oppose him at those period. When people saw how Periyar started behaving high handedly, DK split up, majority "ditched" Periyar, their own leader. During their Dravida Nadu demand, even Tamils deemed it as a joke. There was virtually no movement for independent Tamil Nadu. Majority Tamils were with INC, Justice Party, IML and there was 0 demands from Tamils from those parties. Instead Tamil people were actively involved in independence movement of Independent "Bharat". DK dont represent Tamils, nor Karuna.

There was a reason why Anna is considered way above Periyar. A true, humility gentleman. Padikaada Medhai.

I do not know what is ur agenda. But if u think Tamilians are for separation from India. (Karuna would have looted TN as a separate country with no checks from other Indians) Then u are wrong. And u will be wrong in long distant future.

Are there dearth of old widows in society? Whom are u kidding with that claim? Rajaji didnt resign cos of Periyar alone. His downfall was because of his Hereditary education policy which every Tamil hook and corner opposed it.

Periyar had a way of high handedness resulting in split. He suspended and started protests as a joke against the British. Anna had already fought with Periyar on the issue of "Black Shirts", and Anna as a mark of protest, wore an overgrown black shirt at a public meet.

How can u tell other religious societies didnt have that kind of nonsence? Have Islam, Christianity eliminated caste in Tamil Nadu? A big Lol for u. Why didnt he fight for rights for Muslim womens? Cos he was expecting favors from Jinnah. :lol:

The Anna-Periyar showdown is folklore in Tamil Nadu. Annadurai was in shadows of Periyar, not able to oppose him at those period. When people saw how Periyar started behaving high handedly, DK split up, majority "ditched" Periyar, their own leader. During their Dravida Nadu demand, even Tamils deemed it as a joke. There was virtually no movement for independent Tamil Nadu. Majority Tamils were with INC, Justice Party, IML and there was 0 demands from Tamils from those parties. Instead Tamil people were actively involved in independence movement of Independent "Bharat". DK dont represent Tamils, nor Karuna.

There was a reason why Anna is considered way above Periyar. A true, humility gentleman. Padikaada Medhai.

I do not know what is ur agenda. But if u think Tamilians are for separation from India. (Karuna would have looted TN as a separate country with no checks from other Indians) Then u are wrong. And u will be wrong in long distant future.
As long as the widow decides to marry him, what's the point about her age? She married on her will, that's why she remained in the party even after his death. She was a major, not a minor... Period..

LOL, other parties existed like congress, justice party... FYI justice party was only transformed as DK in TN. Anna dropped his separatist ideology only in 1962, but periyar anna split happened after the marriage of maniammai in 1948.. You haven't answered the question yet, what was anna's policy in between the time? It's separation.

I am yet to see a DMK banner that portrays anna above periyar.. The first pic would be periyar, second annadurai, third was karunas.. Who called periyar as "pagutharivu pagalavan" at first, it's annadurai..

In my state we speak ; Koshur , Dogri , Urdu , Pahari , Hindi , English etc .

I am a Kashmiri .

I speak Hindi and I am not afraid of Hindi .

Why South Indians think negatively about Hindi ???
Hindi is related to your local languages and culture. It is something not alien for people from Eastern Iran, Afghanistan to Bihar and some parts of Maharashtra. So, you won't get it.

For a Tamil, his identity is linked with the language and Tamils in general are language fanatics and Tamil nationalism goes in parallel with them, even though, Tamilnadu is now part of Indian union. That's the reality. It is because of Tamil language chauvinism and Tamil nationalism that southern states gets protected from total Hindi imposition.

South of India stands distinct with their unique identity which Hindi nationalists failed to crush till this day. Even in Karnataka, the local language movements are gaining momentum.

Unlike what generalized notion, sitting in northern India and assumes South, East Indian states many Hindi speakers (and RSS sevaks) gets, reality is people there are proud of their local languages and culture, which is something intolerable for Hindi national language brigade.
As an analogy, Imposing Mandarin on the people of Uttar Pradesh as Mandarin is the nationl language of India? Does it make sense? Hindi is that much alien for south. For the sake of native Hindi/Urdu speakers "national pride", Hindi cannot be made national language. People in the southern states are increasingly becoming aware of what Hindi speakers and north Indian culture is (Not a positive image). So, RSS and Hindi nationalists can bid a goodbye to any dream of Hindi imposition in south.
--
Hindi speakers should understand that English is better suited as a national language if you leave that baggage of British hatred and "self appraisal" by imposition of Hindi on southern/eastern states.

There is no such thing as "Aryans" or "Dravidians" ,the Aryan invasion/migration theory is nothing more then a "divide and rule" type colonial lie from that pedo christian Max Muller. It has been debunked many times and even the BBC admitted it.Those ignorant Tamils who still believe in this need to get fuc**ng heads out of their a**es. Even a Faggot with a single digit IQ knows that skin color darkens as you go closer to the equator.
Well, as of 2011 RSS funded and put a scientific "discovery" that AIT is false. They have authors and history revisionists that are pro-Hindutva and recently they are all in high spirits since Hindutva fascists are in power in the centre.

But, rest of the world and even the sane people in India acknowledges Aryan Invasion Theory that is true. People and races are different in north, south and east. If a RSS sponsored research showed that AIT is false, is not enough to debunk the truth. Sakha classes must be teaching this OIT sh1t and new kids will be learning that a Nagaland man and a Kashmiri are the same racially. A Tamilian and a Punjabi are the same racially and genetically - right? What a pure load of BS!
Next, they'll claim all Indian languages are Sanskrit. So, even if unitelligible, if you hear some tamil speech, it must be heard as Hindi for a Hindi speaker - kyonki sabhi bhashayen sanskruta pe aadharit he?

As long as the widow decides to marry him, what's the point about her age? She married on her will, that's why she remained in the party even after his death. She was a major, not a minor... Period..

LOL, other parties existed like congress, justice party... FYI justice party was only transformed as DK in TN. Anna dropped his separatist ideology only in 1962, but periyar anna split happened after the marriage of maniammai in 1948.. You haven't answered the question yet, what was anna's policy in between the time? It's separation.

I am yet to see a DMK banner that portrays anna above periyar.. The first pic would be periyar, second annadurai, third was karunas.. Who called periyar as "pagutharivu pagalavan" at first, it's annadurai..

So? Who is supporting that ideology? Why Anna dropped that ideology? Why is that Anna won only after dropping that ideology? Anna won mainly due to anti Hindi protest. He didnt win on the plank of Tamil separatism.

Nobody is going to support ur ideology. That's for sure. Last day four Thambis from TN died in Siachen. If a chance gets, I will do the same, and so will lots of Tamilians. Having Tamilian pride is one thing. But whenver they go outside, the pride in saying I am an Indian and seeing its respect overshadows everything.

In my state we speak ; Koshur , Dogri , Urdu , Pahari , Hindi , English etc .

I am a Kashmiri .

I speak Hindi and I am not afraid of Hindi .

Why South Indians think negatively about Hindi ???
Pandithji don't say south Indians its only tamilians, I know north Indians have very little idea of south india, they even call all the south Indians as madrasis but we don't call all northies as biharis, we know or have the knowledge of who belongs to which state, this Tamil movements don't like their neighbouring languages so what can we say about them.

Pandithji don't say south Indians its only tamilians, I know north Indians have very little idea of south india, they even call all the south Indians as madrasis but we don't call all northies as biharis, we know or have the knowledge of who belongs to which state, this Tamil movements don't like their neighbouring languages so what can we say about them.

Oh !

People from Odisha were working in our House few months ago .
A young guy from there told me how people of his state can speak and understand many languages .
My Brother spent 4 years in Bengaluru and he never saw people hating Hindi .

So Ya ! It is mostly restricted to Tamil Nadu .
I read somewhere that they are Anti-Brahmin too .:undecided:

So? Who is supporting that ideology? Why Anna dropped that ideology? Why is that Anna won only after dropping that ideology? Anna won mainly due to anti Hindi protest. He didnt win on the plank of Tamil separatism.

Nobody is going to support ur ideology. That's for sure. Last day four Thambis from TN died in Siachen. If a chance gets, I will do the same, and so will lots of Tamilians. Having Tamilian pride is one thing. But whenver they go outside, the pride in saying I am an Indian and seeing its respect overshadows everything.
LOL...Annadurai not won because he dropped the ideology. Their party won around 50MLA seats in third assembly polls in feb 1962, which increased from 13 seats in the 1957. That would give you some idea, how many percent of the population supported DMK and how many percent increased over a 5 year..

The main reason to drop the separatist ideology was an indian law passed that doesn't allow party to contest in elections which has separatist ideology. And that's the same reason hurriyat isn't able to contest in Kashmir elections today.

Don't tell me indians in british army died fighting against the british enemy because they loved britain. It's just money money money, which pushed them to join the army...

Last edited:

Oh !

People from Odisha were working in our House few months ago .
A young guy from there told me how people of his state can speak and understand many languages .
My Brother spent 4 years in Bengaluru and he never saw people hating Hindi .

So Ya ! It is mostly restricted to Tamil Nadu .
I read somewhere that they are Anti-Brahmin too .:undecided:

You are generalising. Yes Anti-Hindi (language) movement carries much strength....but not everyone thinks or follows this. Same goes for neighbouring language dislike....my own version of Tamil carries much Mallu influence after all :) (like our numbers especially). Yes DMK especially is very Anti-Brahmin...but they are now balanced somewhat by fat lady...so again we cannot generalise whole state is Anti-Brahmin. Not everyone is/was fooled by the total propaganda unleashed earlier...it is only a natural thing for there to be 180 movement against traditionally prestige class everywhere in world (see hierarchy complex)....but over time it is subdued as common people realise many things dont change by scapegoating one community.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom