What's new

History: A Chronology of Anti-Hindi Agitations in Tamil Nadu and What the Future Holds

You dont have to be physically near to effect the events. It can be done in million other ways. Bengali language was a non issue as well but it was exploited to fan nationalism. India got many vulnerabilities which can easily be exploited, but we are only focused on Kashmir which is wrong approach. By working on other issues, we can make our efforts in Kashmir more productive and more result oriented. I can only attribute to laziness on our part.

do try,we have a term for muslims in tamilnadu and it is called tulukkan or turk,nobody loves muslims in tamilnadu as mughal empire and tipu sultan did religious genocide in Tn also.

When did they asked us to marry little girls? You forgot the main man annadurai, who also came from the roots of periyar like karuna.. Till now TN was ruled only by the partys which has its roots with annadurai/periyar after kamarajar's defeat.

They asked us to follow atheism? When? Periyar hailed when a complete village of dalits embraced islam, just google you will get his speech. Periyar slammed hindu customs to precise, dalit discrimination, supported widow remarriages... But you people saw only his atheist views, and diminished his other achievements.

what are his achievements as you say?

All those things of social reformation that you mentioned had started happening long before ev ramaswamy became a significant player.Secondly DMK/ADMK domination of politics/socio cultural phenomena of TN isthe biggest hype story ever,look at your name,maravan.

and you follow periyar who was anti caste?

In my state we speak ; Koshur , Dogri , Urdu , Pahari , Hindi , English etc .

I am a Kashmiri .

I speak Hindi and I am not afraid of Hindi .

Why South Indians think negatively about Hindi ???

South Indians think their language is older than Urdu/Hindi hence they think why should they speak Hindi.

Tamil is indeed older than hindi/urdu but this anti hindi agitation has long outlived its importance and significance

As have Lucknowi muslims. Their children have been robbed from them using laws like POTA and they are the first blamedfor anything that goes wrong, regardless they did anything wrong or not.

They practically caused the death of millions of people in 1947 with their low level cunning politics,so it is natural that they are the prime suspects.

Periyar married a young widow in a society that hesitated to do so, as an example..

If he got 0.0001% supporters, can you tell me why rajaji resigned from the CM post in 1939 ? Periyar started his separatist ideology in 1938 and he married at 1948... What was annadurai's policy from 1948 to 1960s? annadurai dropped his separatist ideology only in the 1962... Even now karuna stated tamil nadu would have developed much better if we would have become a separate state, how many voices in TN opposed that?

Raising voice against hinduism in a hindu majority state at the 1930s wasn't an easy task, he was the first one to do so. If he got no supporters, he would have been trashed at first point. And he has nothing to do with hinduism personally, he just slammed the religious society that bars dalits and low castes from entering the temple and even walking on the streets with slippers, it happened to be hinduism. Other religious societies didn't had these kind of nonsense, so there is no reason for him criticise them... And you call he is specific only to hinduism?

Maniammai was not a young widow,she was unmarried when she married ramaswamy.

If majority people wanted TN to separate,it would have been a serious issue but it was not.Majority tamils dont want to separate whether evr says or anndurai says or whatever.

He didnt raise voice against hinduism but only against brahmins and that was kosher at that time.If at all he is a serious reformer he should have started with his own community of naidus/nayakkars who are even today amongst the biggest casteists,sowithout doing that oorukku upadesam seivathu ellam vetti veerappu.

do try,we have a term for muslims in tamilnadu and it is called tulukkan or turk,nobody loves muslims in tamilnadu as mughal empire and tipu sultan did religious genocide in Tn also.
Well the Sanghi goons in TN may not love muslims but others seem to love them...

BJP leader makes attempts to communalise Jallikattu stir, put in place by Tamilians, proud of their unity

http://www.jantakareporter.com/india/communalise-jallikattu-stir/95706/

‘Mischievous section of media wants to create clash between Hindus and Muslims’

The supporters of Jallikattu in Mumbai expressed anguish against the section of media and politicians whom they accused of planting seeds of division between Hindus and Muslims. “It is wrong and mischievous on part of some media to project it as Hindu vs Muslim. They want to create clash between Hindus and Muslims. Their aim is to break the Tamil unity,” the activists said.

http://www.india.com/news/india/pro...ia-do-not-project-it-hindu-vs-muslim-1773414/

I am sorry but nobody likes muslims in tamilnadu,of course we dont hate them like they do in north india but we dont like them also.

I come from a family of cops in tamilnadu and trust me muslims are called tulukkan by everyone,tamil cinema and its fundaes is not reality.

SouthIndia is more tolerant of religion.

There were no religious clashes before BJP-RSS came into the state. Hindu Munnani is their mouth piece in TN.

Jallikattu, Pongal are Tamil heritage with no religious bias at all.

I am sorry but nobody likes muslims in tamilnadu,of course we dont hate them like they do in north india but we dont like them also.

I come from a family of cops in tamilnadu and trust me muslims are called tulukkan by everyone,tamil cinema and its fundaes is not reality.
That could be your opinion because I have been to TN, have numerous Hindu and muslim TN friends and they get along so well and also have good opinion of each other...

SouthIndia is more tolerant of religion.

There were no religious clashes before BJP-RSS came into the state. Hindu Munnani is their mouth piece in TN.

Jallikattu, Pongal are Tamil heritage with no religious bias at all.

Pongal and Jallikattu are hindu festivals.

Religious clashes didnt exist until tamil muslims went to arabia and came back as wahhabi mullahs.

Hindu munnani was created to counter christian politics in southern tamilnadu,i can show you many vitrolic speeches of tamil mullahs.

That could be your opinion because I have been to TN, have numerous Hindu and muslim TN friends and they get along so well and also have good opinion of each other...

I also have muslim friends but this is not about my friends,this is about the politics.

Anyone reading the history of Tamil Nadu would find that religious intolerance crept into TN after BJP-RSS established foothold in TN . They created Hindu Munnani. It has no root in TN. It is a northern (Specifically RSS-BJP) implant.

BJP-RSS is a curse on Tamil Nadu. It got only 2% vote in TN in the 2014 parliament election.

In the 2016 state legislature (MLA) bye-election it contested in 3 seats and LOST deposit in all 3.

The All India parties, Congress, AAP and BJP together got less than 10% vote in 2014.

Yet these Hindi centric parties tell us no holiday for Pongal, no Jallikattu, no Tamil in most bank forms, no Tamil inn computer-printed rail tickets, no Tamil in railway reservation list, etc etc How is it democracy? It is Hindi-crazy?

anyone reading the history of tamilnadu? why should i read the history of tamilnadu from another source when i live right here and belong here.

I come from tirunelveli district,in southern TN which is the purest part of tamilnadu,RSS exists since 1950s,even before dmk.

Over here all hindus overwhelmingly support BJP and BJP doesnt win much because th60 yeare hindu votes go to ADMK which tackles christian and muslim appeasement.

Jayalalitha supported babri masjid demolition actively and has aligned more with BJP than congress all through her term.

AIADMK is the biggest party with voteshare in TN,BJP is indeed a political party from the north but so are congress and communists,so is christianity and islam,they are not native to tamilnadu.

Pongal is a regional festival and the central government only give 3 fixed holidays and the rest being floating,pongal has always been a holiday in tamilnadu for 60 years.

Tamilnadu is an english loving state even to the extent of looking down upon tamizh which is useful only during political agitations,tamil medium students are looked down upon and a pure tamizh speaking guy is seen as a backward person which is so unlike srilanka or southern TN where such tendencies dont exist at all.

I dont know if you have ever been in a train because i dont not see tamil on trains.

I also have muslim friends but this is not about my friends,this is about the politics.
Hindu-muslim relations in TN are not Politics, it is people to people(community to community) relation, now its another thing that Sangh wants to create that division...

hahahaha,what do you know about the history of tamilnadu dude?

They did big bomb blasts and riots in coimbatore in 1997/98 under abdul nasser madani and they live in ghettoes,the tamil muslims are confused people who are caught between wahhabism and dravidian politics but the bad elements do remain.

in 1947,a majority of muslims in tamilnadu voted for the muslim league but not enough to do anything.

Muslims in TN also say and do the usual things,abusing hindu gods in their bayan,make vitriolic speeches and so on.

Muslims in TN also say and do the usual things,abusing hindu gods in their bayan,make vitriolic speeches and so on.
Religious Muslims do that ALL OVER THE WORLD. Nothing special about them in particular. Many Indian Muslims are not fully devout. And THAT is a good thing. For the rest of us.

hahahaha,what do you know about the history of tamilnadu dude?

They did big bomb blasts and riots in coimbatore in 1997/98 under abdul nasser madani and they live in ghettoes,the tamil muslims are confused people who are caught between wahhabism and dravidian politics but the bad elements do remain.

in 1947,a majority of muslims in tamilnadu voted for the muslim league but not enough to do anything.

I may not know about history but present scenario, Yes I do

SOME Hindus very much like SOME Muslims in TN also do the usual things, abusing and attacking anything muslim...

So not much of a discovery for me

no hindu priest or party goes around abusing hindu gods like muslims do,the day you open your eyes and feel the problem,you ll get englightened,until then u ll only whine

Back
Top Bottom