What's new

History: A Chronology of Anti-Hindi Agitations in Tamil Nadu and What the Future Holds

Hindi was imposed by rajaji in 1938 by making it compulsory in the schools.
Hindi was imposed by passing the official language act in 1963.
Hindi was imposed by national education policy in 1986.

In one way or the other, hindi was always pushed towards non ********. Do we need to tell them every time, we don't want hindi?
Yes. Nothing wrong in stating your displeasure every 30 years.

When rest of the nation has adopted the national languages, TN remains an odd boy out. It is not like national govt. is making you learn hindi but these are general directions to follow. If you look at the dates you mentioned, they are 30 years apart. They are hoping that you guys will change your stance sooner or later for national integration.

The court observed, “Normally, in India, majority of the people have accepted Hindi as a national language and many people speak Hindiand write in Devanagari script but there is nothing on record to suggest that any provision has been made or order issued declaring Hindi as anational language of the country.”Jan 25, 2010

When rest of the nation has adopted the national languages, TN remains an odd boy out. It is not like national govt. is making you learn hindi but these are general directions to follow. If you look at the dates you mentioned, they are 30 years apart. They are hoping that you guys will change your stance sooner or later for national integration.
Then get ready to be humiliated every 30years. Repeated push for Hindi isn't going to change anything other than increasing the hatred for hindi and ********.

Adopting to everyones wish/imposition may be ok for rest of india, but we aren't built that way.. We are ok with English, if you can't integrate the nation with english, bug off.. We aren't interested in learning regional languages, we are ok with the international language english and our mother tongue tamil.

Only fools will believe hindi was chosen for national integration.... if it's the real motive, english was well established in all the schools across india before independence, they would have chose english. If english is colonial language from a different country, that shows dominance over our culture...then what's hindi for tamils? A way of showing dominance.

Last edited:

and you are dreaming in the next 30 (after 2013) yrs Tamilnadu will still remain under Hindan occupation (2043)

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride

Last edited:
and you are dreaming in the next 30 (after 2013) yrs Tamilnadu will still remain under Hindan occupation (2043)

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride
You can adopt your own dravidian culture and be happy. You think rest of India is going to care if you adopt or not.

nice although it was written 2003/last updated 2008. the main reason for tamil nadu to separate is for development. fact is the hindi belt people have a more violent and destructive nature which brings the south down.

Some of the "intelligent" people hate Lord Ram and support Ravana and turn around with their pathological hatred for Branhims.

Little these "intellectual" TN people know Ravana was a Bramhin :D

The Dravidian parties did a number on TN people's brain for sure.
But I also see some positive changes in recent years where Hindu consolidation is sure happening.
Otherwise there is no way DMK would have changed it's colors supporting Hindu causes in TN.

Some of the "intelligent" people hate Lord Ram and support Ravana and turn around with their pathological hatred for Branhims.

Little these "intellectual" TN people know Ravana was a Bramhin :D

The Dravidian parties did a number on TN people's brain for sure.
But I also see some positive changes in recent years where Hindu consolidation is sure happening.
Otherwise there is no way DMK would have changed it's colors supporting Hindu causes in TN.
i believe the only reason brahmins were hated was because they supported pro-hindi causes.

proof????

tamilnadu is taking a bullet for rest of us who are not willing to convert to hindi.... respect.

Thank you and an under appreciated logic

nice although it was written 2003/last updated 2008. the main reason for tamil nadu to separate is for development. fact is the hindi belt people have a more violent and destructive nature which brings the south down.

We/future generation of Tamil should think this hard, before
making any drastic decisions. Tamils are noble and just, and outsiders don't know that TAMIL language is the God of Tamils. If you touch Tamil, Tamils will be provoked. This is not seen among other tribes. But we also have one problem( I am not born Tamil, but my heart is), that problem is "hero worship". Look at the influence of Actors in Tamil politics.

Few days ago, I hailed a uber ride and the driver was a sardarji. You would not believe the anti-India feelings he had. He blames Indian central govt for feeding Punjabi youth drugs and making them zombies. He mentioned that he supports Tamil freedom and anti-Hindi agitation. He asked - if I support Tamil freedom. I said NO. I told him that Tamil Nadu becoming a free country can quickly devolve to a dictatorship.
The hero worship seen among us, can be used for a good cause as well as bad. We don't want a future demagogue imposed tyranny. We should raise our voice for injustice within the current Indian framework, for more devolution of powers to states.

There is one major reason that Tamils are sensitive to Tamil language. The only way you can divide Tamil is by corrupting their language.

In ancient times, Kerala used to be a province of Tamil speaking a dialect of Tamil language. One low caste(shudra) man by the name Ezhuthachan created Malayalam language as a challenge against upper caste Brahmins. He mixed Sanskrit with Tamil and created Malayalam and presto you got a new tribe. Malayalam is a very recent language with no history and they adopted Tulu script.

Tamils have every right to be sensitive with their language

What's with this hindi b.s ? Only 41% of India speaks Hindi according to the indian census . Hindi isn't a national language , a official language like English .

Most of south and east India don't speak Hindi . I'm more fluent in French than Hindi

We have more important issues to take care of..issues are solved according to priority..
When time will come these issues will also be solved. Till then wait and be part of changing india.. :)

I love it when pakistanis/bangladeshis have a glee on their faces when talking about tamil separatism and issues,the same people whom they abuse racially as being dark/short and eating rice and fish now become their brothers,hahahahah.

You dont have to be physically near to effect the events. It can be done in million other ways. Bengali language was a non issue as well but it was exploited to fan nationalism. India got many vulnerabilities which can easily be exploited, but we are only focused on Kashmir which is wrong approach. By working on other issues, we can make our efforts in Kashmir more productive and more result oriented. I can only attribute to laziness on our part.

Do try Mr.Taimoor Khan,this story has been going on since EV Ramaswamy met Jinnah,except that Jinnah said No thanks.

http://www.tamiltribune.com/03/0101-anti-hindi-agitation-history.html

History: A Chronology of Anti-Hindi Agitations in Tamil Nadu and What the Future Holds

Wow! Great article. Well researched. So much information.

Every South Asian should read it. Do you know Indian gov approved CBSE school history books mention that students damaged property in January 25-Feb 13, But they do not say a word that Indian army and Hindi state police brought into Tamil Nadu shot and killed 62 unarmed civilian Tamils in just 5 days. CBSE books do not mention the shootings or deaths just pripertyu damge by student protesters.

PLEASE READ THE ARTICLE

Back
Top Bottom