What's new

History: A Chronology of Anti-Hindi Agitations in Tamil Nadu and What the Future Holds

Jammu ! :o:

Thats it... @SarthakGanguly this guy can't be considered a real Kashmiri...we both know you need to be from the Valley to be considered as one ! :tsk:

I was born after migration . Rest of my family is born in kashmir . Grand Grand Grand Parents , Parents , Brothers and Sisters . I am not a Dogra . I am a Kashmiri .

Jammu ! :o:

Thats it... @SarthakGanguly this guy can't be considered a real Kashmiri...we both know you need to be from the Valley to be considered as one ! :tsk:

Bu Chu Kashmiri .
Khav cha bolan .
Mahara , Khav cha vanan

I was born after migration . Rest of my family is born in kashmir . Grand Grand Grand Parents , Parents , Brothers and Sisters . I am not a Dogra . I am a Kashmiri .

You're a Dogra by association now ! :tongue:

Can't speak a word of Koshur, wouldn't know what a Wazwan looks like and confuses a poncho for a phiran ! :tsk:

Yaaaar @SarthakGanguly isss ne tou naaak katvaa diii ! :(

Bu Chu Kashmiri .
Khav cha bolan .
Mahara , Khav cha vanan

Do you think I'm a Kashmiri ? :what:

What gave you that ridiculous idea ? :undecided:

Can't speak a word of Koshur, wouldn't know what a Wazwan looks like and confuses a poncho for a phiran ! :tsk:

My Koshur is weak because I adopted Hindi .
My parents never forced me into learning Koshur and Urdu .
But culturally I am 100 % Kashmiri :p:

What hindi means to us before 1947? It's just another language which is spoken in the British colonies like the chinese in hong kong. Hindi is as relevant as the chinese, to us.

And no outsider united TN under one umbrella except the British.. That's why we wanted to go independent after the British rule.. Rest of india has nothing to do with us before the British..

Don't comeback with the rhetorics TN followed hinduism in the ancient times, so we were one country for a long time, i am tired of it here. Christianity doesn't make german, UK, France as one, they are different countries with different cultures. We are culturally different from you like saudi arabia and pakistan.
WHEN BRITISH left Madras State was like this :

672px-South_Indian_territories.svg.png

u were looking for an Independent Madras State of this Land mass or the current land mass !
and who actually was demanding for a SEPARATE TAMIL Nation ?

I was giving Proof :o::p:

Other proofs are ;

Just had Kahava with Katlam .
Few minutes ago , I was in my blanket with Kangari :p:

U alive, Mullah Ji ?

I thought u were abducted in SA àlong with Noorani Zaid Zaman Hamid Saheb :mad:

I was giving Proof :o::p:

Other proofs are ;

Just had Kahava with Katlam .
Few minutes ago , I was in my blanket with Kangari :p:

Dont bother. He is a piratèd Kashmiri :p:

Man you and your humor.
Where were you all these days?? Out in the woods??:p:

Who cares about What religion or what language is oldest ?
These stuff just satisfy the false ego's of the people .

People should stop acting like Frog of the Well . There lies a whole new , different and exciting world beyond that well .

I believe people who want to promote only Hindi are the ones deep inside the wall. Beyond salvation.

I am telling again. I am proud to speak my own language. I can survive by speaking Tamil alone in Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Mauritius, hell even in Toronto.
But that's the beyond the point. What language one gets to learn and study is one's parents choice (again kids decision are taken by Parents at such early stage) and the State Govt's policy.
I am proud to speak in my language. I can always resort to English when I travel elsewhere.

If you guys arent proficient in English, that's again your problem. The educated people who cant speak English in the north: Well they are the people inside the well.

Being/remaining proud member of Indian union does not need to be measured by Hindi proficiency. I know Hindi because I found it useful to learn...but it should not be forced on anyone.

A case can be made for a "modern" Sanskrit to be the national language so everyone is somewhat on the same level in learning something new but domestic origin/history ...for the cause of national unity etc....just like Israelis did with Hebrew....but this is a long term process and the ship may have already sailed by now (this really should have been done in the 50s and 60s itself with a massive literacy program too). Again this national language should not be made to displace the local language but taught to young, bright eager minds form early age side by side....and introducing English (for foreign interaction advantage) at some point too (to be determined by studies when this is best done).

I mean Hindi itself is quite a foreign influenced language (look at its origins and development), so why exactly should it claim to be the ultimate official language of India? Just because it has biggest plurality (not majority) by mother tongue compared to the others? It should have been kept a regional language along with its close brother Urdu....thats it.

System for public schooling language wise should have been:

One local mother tongue language (you can pick up other local languages on your own time/experience/utility/affinity)

One unbiased domestic language to interact with other Indians (Sanskrit)

One language to interact efficiently with outside world (English)

...or some version of that.

The Sanskrit does not have to be the classical Sanskrit....but a register made to be more modern and forgiving.

But since we are in globalised world, let people just learn their mother tongue and pursue English....and Hindi optionally. It does not make anyone more or less Indian to know/not know Hindi....and it should never be the case.

But Hindi is permeating throughout TN and South in general anyway....just from the natural efficiency/advantage of knowing it so it has probably displaced the role of what I would have preferred to have been Sanskrit. The rabid anti-Hindi crowd should learn to accept this pragmatic reality.

What hindi means to us before 1947? It's just another language which is spoken in the British colonies like the chinese in hong kong. Hindi is as relevant as the chinese, to us.

And no outsider united TN under one umbrella except the British.. That's why we wanted to go independent after the British rule.. Rest of india has nothing to do with us before the British..

Don't comeback with the rhetorics TN followed hinduism in the ancient times, so we were one country for a long time, i am tired of it here. Christianity doesn't make german, UK, France as one, they are different countries with different cultures. We are culturally different from you like saudi arabia and pakistan.

But for us Keralites .Hindi is a part of us and we like Hindi language .
In a way we cant generalise entire South Indians @Kashmiri Pandit

Last edited:
But for us Keralites .Hindi is a part of us and we like Hindi language .
In a way we cant generalise entire South Indians @kashmir
If it's the choice of keralites to use hindi, fine we have no problem. And it's our choice here in TN to follow our own language and culture, respect that. Period.

The name of Tamil Nadu was written in the side in Tamil. I saw it live. No need to feed that troll. Even he cant read what he has posted

Try to. Jayalalitha will hang those who try by their balls :D
Tamil Nadu and Madras has rich contribution to Indian (Ironically as well to Pakistan) independence. The idiots think, just cos kids doesnt study Hindi in govt schools (sizeable % of kids study in pvt schools in which Hindi is compusory till 8th std) TN is for independence.

Another point. Tamil Nadu is already Independent and so are other states. As per constitution, its Union of India. We can decide our own laws, own code and own language.

And so ur point, if I may know?

Yes its difference. So? Hindi is a new language with 700 years of history. Compare it with mother of Dravidian languages.
When debate goes on among academecians on which is world's oldest language, do u know the list of contenders?
Egyptian
Chinese
Sumerian
Tamil and
Sanskrit.

PS: If you feel to ashamed to speak ur own language and talk and promote Hindi, its ur individual choice and none of my concern. I will speak Tamil and English and learn anything I wish.

I meant, periyar took the separatist ideology only in 1938 after hindi was made compulsory by the INC rajaji govt in the 1937. But bharathiyar died in the 1920s itself.

Back
Top Bottom