What's new

History: A Chronology of Anti-Hindi Agitations in Tamil Nadu and What the Future Holds

I think you got comprehension problem. Read my post again. If you know your history, the movement for Bangladesh got similar root. It all started when issues about Bangali lingo got raised in then East Pakistan. It then snowballed into something nasty later. We havent tested waters in Tamil Nadu yet, so who knows where it might lead. :-)

Comprehension problems??..son, I am sure I am streets ahead in comprehending a basic language and a basic post..

I quite know what you meant in your earlier post, I pointed out the most fundamental difference between how both the "reactioner" and the "reactionee" reacted in the case of the language protest of the bengalis or tamils.

In one case, it was an intellectual protest which was argued, discussed, adjusted and given leeway and acknowledged the cultural and the historic relevance of the language.

In the other case..was a bunch of savages. .A demand for language recognition that had no consonance to their religious practices...A xenophobic population that wallowed in their mediocrity, but thought that they were superior to their eastern cousins in skin color and in their Arab devotion.

Operation searchlight - killing of the "bengali intellectuals" mass killings of the dissidents, a drunken and a xenophobic bunch of generals trying to bash bengali love out of the minds of their brethren, an army out to change the genetics of their bengali brethren. ..and when, the real soldiers arrive ...surrender in their thousands.

There lies the fundamental difference I talk about.

From Pakistani perspective, LTTE was an extension of Indian establishment to bring Sri Lanka totally under Indian influence, that is why it had to be resisted. But when it comes to Tamil Nadu, the part of Indian federation, and its grievances with Delhi, I am sure Pakistan as a state will always support the Tamils. From the Tamil perspective, and its only my opinion, the strategy was wrong to get involved in far distant lands of Sri Lanka, when the home land, The Tamil Nadu was itself under occupation of Delhi. You have to free yourself first before looking outwards.

Initially , India did support and train LTTE to fight its proxy war in Lanka - the reason Lankan support for Pakistan in the 1971 Indo-Pak war and Lankan Prez Jayawardene defiance of India.

Pak thanks Lanka for help in 1971 war
http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...in-1971-war/story-UpZWXd0fFX5eDPac0KMIYL.html

Once the objective was achieved India betrayed Tamils' freedom aspiration - sending IPKF to kill and rape Tamil civilian, which culminated in the assassination of Gandhi.

After 16 days of bloody battle, the Indians finally captured Jaffna, the stronghold of the Tigers. But the losses have been heavy and could mount further. A report on the conflict and its implications plus exclusive eyewitness account and action pictures from Jaffna

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...captures-ltte-stronghold-jaffna/1/337703.html

China and Pakistan should have realized that an unified India is not to their advantage , however , in their vigor to aid Lanka (a close ally), they were over zealous in crashing LTTE

By the end of November 2008, the script was no longer in LTTE chief Vellupillai Prabhakaran's hands.

It was being written by the Sri Lankan forces tacitly supported by India and openly assisted by China and Pakistan.

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-sh...ia-helped-lanka-destroy-the-ltte/20090820.htm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...-in-war-against-ltte-ranil/article6966953.ece

We havent tested waters in Tamil Nadu yet, so who knows where it might lead. :-)

The problem with Pakistan , due to cultural/geographical reasons - is solely engrossed with Kashmir (and Khalistan to a lesser extent), ignoring the dynamic of Tamil politics. The ignorance of Quaid-e-Azam's promise to Tamil by most Pakistanis, would attest to it

The present dictatorial regime in Tamilnadu is under a Kannadiga Brahmin (Aryan) woman who is staunch Indian nationalist and anti Tamil

About 30 % of "Tamils' in Tamilnadu are non Tamils ('Tamil' Brahmins/Telegus/Kannadigas) who culturally identify with Aryans (they migrated to Tamilnadu during the Vijayanagar era Nayak period). Being from the ruling class , Tamilnadu politics is under their control i.e both Dravidian and national political party leaders are non Tamils, closeted Indian nationalists. They keep Tamil under their control by feeding cheap liquor -Tasmac (Punjab its drugs) ,handing out freebies and using Dravidianism to prey on Tamil sentiments.The priority is the need to rid Tamilnadu of their political clout, Tamils being Dravidians are naturally averse to Aryan (aka Hindian) domination

Last edited:
Comprehension problems??..son, I am sure I am streets ahead in comprehending a basic language and a basic post..

I quite know what you meant in your earlier post, I pointed out the most fundamental difference between how both the "reactioner" and the "reactionee" reacted in the case of the language protest of the bengalis or tamils.

In one case, it was an intellectual protest which was argued, discussed, adjusted and given leeway and acknowledged the cultural and the historic relevance of the language.

In the other case..was a bunch of savages. .A demand for language recognition that had no consonance to their religious practices...A xenophobic population that wallowed in their mediocrity, but thought that they were superior to their eastern cousins in skin color and in their Arab devotion.

Operation searchlight - killing of the "bengali intellectuals" mass killings of the dissidents, a drunken and a xenophobic bunch of generals trying to bash bengali love out of the minds of their brethren, an army out to change the genetics of their bengali brethren. ..and when, the real soldiers arrive ...surrender in their thousands.

There lies the fundamental difference I talk about.

Dont call your daddy, Son, My Son.

Its all about the perceptions my son, you been fed with lot of BS in your gangaland, lot of propaganda about the event of 71 and before. Matter of fact is, all this so called war of Independence of Bangladesh was nothing but a pre planned project in which not only India but the supers powers of that time were involved neck deep. Sometime, things have to be made out of thin air and build upon the consequences that follow. The Bengali nationalist never came to terms with the idea of united Pakistan, even back in 1947. They found a willing partner in India for this purpose. They knew that Bengali language will never be classified as national language, because if that would have been accepted, the Panjabis would have gone the same way about their language, followed by Pakhtoons and what not. but they kept on insisting over it, never appreciated national unity. Go and educate yourself about Agarthala conspiracy, which was way before 71 war. Even your terrorist PM have accepted the role played by your country in the mischief created back then.

And son, always remember, the Tamils you are talking about, you very conveniently are forgetting that they blew one of your PM sky high , doing their own kind of justice.

Not withstanding your randi rona, from Pakistani perceptive, this could give us an opportunity to test the waters, it wont harm us in any shape or from by not trying. And going by some comments here, it seems all is not well between Tamil nation and the Indian federation.

Initially , India did support and train LTTE to fight its proxy war in Lanka - the reason Lankan support for Pakistan in the 1971 Indo-Pak war and Lankan Prez Jayawardene defiance of India.

Pak thanks Lanka for help in 1971 war
http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...in-1971-war/story-UpZWXd0fFX5eDPac0KMIYL.html

Once the objective was achieved India betrayed Tamils' freedom aspiration - sending IPKF to kill and rape Tamil civilian, which culminated in the assassination of Gandhi.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...captures-ltte-stronghold-jaffna/1/337703.html

China and Pakistan should have realized that an unified India is not to their advantage , however , in their vigor to aid Lanka (a close ally), they were over zealous in crashing LTTE

http://www.rediff.com/news/slide-sh...ia-helped-lanka-destroy-the-ltte/20090820.htm

http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...-in-war-against-ltte-ranil/article6966953.ece

The problem with Pakistan , due to cultural/geographical reasons - is solely engrossed with Kashmir (and Khalistan to a lesser extent), ignoring the dynamic of Tamil politics. The ignorance of Quaid-e-Azam's promise to Tamil by most Pakistanis, would attest to it

The present dictatorial regime in Tamilnadu is under a Kannadiga Brahmin (Aryan) woman who is staunch Indian nationalist and anti Tamil

About 30 % of "Tamils' in Tamilnadu are non Tamils ('Tamil' Brahmins/Telegus/Kannadigas) who culturally identify with Aryans (they migrated to Tamilnadu during the Vijayanagar era Nayak period). Being from the ruling class , Tamilnadu politics is under their control i.e both Dravidian and national political party leaders are non Tamils, closeted Indian nationalists. They keep Tamil under their control by feeding cheap liquor -Tasmac (Punjab its drugs) ,handing out freebies and preying on Tamil sentiments.The need to is rid Tamilnadu of their political clout, Tamils being Dravidians are naturally averse to Aryan (aka Hindian) domination

Call it lack of education, lack historical awareness, laziness, carelessness , on part of our strategic planners. Majority of Pakistanis are not aware of the Jinnah promise to Tamil nation. Atleast I wasnt till you mentioned it. But I can tell you, the even the most far right and nationalist Pakistanis, who want to re-establish the Muslim empire over sub continent in the name of Greater Pakistan, the maps they come up with, dont include the southern India , that has been generally accepted as separate sovereign entity.

Tamil is a strong nation, numerically and economically, they need to start their own campaign for their independence and I am sure the world including Pakistan will take notice of it once the ball start rolling.

Just checked the date..... I found today is 28th Januarya, 2016........

13 year back article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my state we speak ; Koshur , Dogri , Urdu , Pahari , Hindi , English etc .

I am a Kashmiri .

I speak Hindi and I am not afraid of Hindi .

Why South Indians think negatively about Hindi ???
out of 4 south Indian states only Tamils have some valid or invalid issues.

mmm interesting. The fact that Bangali nationalism was fanned using the "language" issue which eventually snow balled into the event of 71, an interesting area of study for Pakistani strategic planners.
yes.. try ur best !

You dont have to be physically near to effect the events. It can be done in million other ways. Bengali language was a non issue as well but it was exploited to fan nationalism. India got many vulnerabilities which can easily be exploited, but we are only focused on Kashmir which is wrong approach. By working on other issues, we can make our efforts in Kashmir more productive and more result oriented. I can only attribute to laziness on our part.
why dont ur pass ur brilliant ideas of gen Raheel Sharif !

Pakistan dont have any beef with Tamil people, I find them , with my interactions in UK, as humble and down to earth people. Its only the north Indians who we have issues with. If and when Tamil nation decide to have its own state, I am sure Pakistan will support this noble cause.
why dont u meet some thambis .. they are currently stationed very much near pakistan.. in Siachin ~!

As have Lucknowi muslims. Their children have been robbed from them using laws like POTA and they are the first blamedfor anything that goes wrong, regardless they did anything wrong or not.
u are neither lucknowi nor a true Pakistani .. dhobi ka kutta .. na ghar ka na ghat ka !

This Tableu is from Karanataka ..... I think you have no idea of what Tamil sentiment is but you are only eager to become slave of Arab imperialism.
i doubt he can differentiate between Kannada and Tamil !

Why does every single one of my posts elicit a response about the oppressed situation of todays muhajirs by Indians. First of all my grandfather stayed in Lucknow and didn't come to karachi so he can't be muhair now can he? Despite this setting the record straight Muhajirs are doing very well in Pakistan.

To weaken Pakistan India has planted a stooge named Altaf Hussain as leader of the muhajirs and every few months he decries Pakistan and asks for Indian help to kill innocents in the country. No other ethnic group will stand for this-with an outsider coming and supporting the countries sworn enemies but in Pakistan the MQM is tolerated.

Nonetheless Muhajirs are today the richest ethnic group in Pakistan and control the cities of Sindh where all education opportunities exist. What Indians are trying to allude to is that we Lucknowis will suffer the same (non-existent) fate of oppression as part of Pakistan even though every Pakistani today is happy to be a Pakistani.

One day Lucknow will be merged with Pakistan and we will all see the benefits. Muslims must stay strong till then, keep supporting Pakistan in cricket and remember their ancestors till then, those ancestors who made Pakistan, especially the northern muslims, particularly of what is now UP.

I sympathize with your cause. I hope and believe the first step is gaining consensus among the group we vouch for. For example as a Lucknowi Muslim I have to bring as many Muslims from Lucknow on board for my cause to liberate it from Indian clutches. Your role is similar, to convince all Tamils that there are benefits of freedom from India/Sri Lanka.

I personally at times face hurdles in this quest to Pakistanize or help Lucknowis develop a positive view of Pakistan or independence, this is despite the fact that 75% or 90%+(depending on the source) of the UP muslim vote went to Jinnah and the muslim league. What I see at times is that some Muslims are leaving their proud heritage and support for Pakistan to become a part and parcel of the land of India. My first job is to convince them.

I think we are in the first step of independence and for that the first thing we need to do is develop consensus. So I would advise you to focus your attention on tamils and convince them that independence from Sri Lanka and India is a better option rather than a false sense of unity. I have the same almost insurmountable obstacle in my path. Some Muslims are extremely hard to convince but some after contact with me have begun questioning India, questioning the idea of undying loyalty to a land that gave them nothing. That is the first step.

I wish you luck in your endeavors though.
Muaf Kijiyega ! Lekin aap Khase Chutiye hain!!! ( as they say in Lucknow)!

out of 4 south Indian states only Tamils have some valid or invalid issues.

yes.. try ur best !

why dont ur pass ur brilliant ideas of gen Raheel Sharif !

why dont u meet some thambis .. they are currently stationed very much near pakistan.. in Siachin ~!

Will do, dont you worry.

You know son, I meet plenty of Sikhs here in UK, they are also "stationed" near our border. However, you dont want to hear what views they have got for the mother India. You will be surprised, when push come to shove, how things can change drastically, your one liners are not worth my time.

Do you deny the fact that 90% of UP and 75%+ of the total muslim population voted for Jinnah's muslim league. If we vouched for Pakistan then what is the problem if we vouch for it now? I can assure you muslims will never fight unless pushed to the wall. We want our freedom through peaceful means.
Will do, dont you worry.

You know son, I meet plenty of Sikhs here in UK, they are also "stationed" near our border. However, you dont want to hear what views they have got for the mother India. You will be surprised, when push come to shove, how things can change drastically, your one liners are not worth my time.
do meet the sikhs stationed near your Border. !!!

do meet the sikhs stationed near your Border. !!!

Like all Tamil nation is NOT posted near border , likewise NOT all sikh nation is on our border. My interaction with them have revealed that deep inside they consider themselves Pakistanis, Punjabi/indus civilization connections then Indians. Your school boy assumption that Tamil, if they are deployed on our border, earning their living would somehow make them anti-Pakistan, is laughable to say the least. And going by some comments here, it seems all is not well between Indian federation and Tamil nation. It gives us great opportunity and I wont deny it.

Like all Tamil nation is NOT posted near border , likewise NOT all sikh nation is on our border. My interaction with them have revealed that deep inside they consider themselves Pakistanis, Punjabi/indus civilization connections then Indians. Your school boy assumption that Tamil, if they are deployed on our border, earning their living would somehow make them anti-Pakistan, is laughable to say the least. And going by some comments here, it seems all is not well between Indian federation and Tamil nation. It gives us great opportunity and I wont deny it.
makes so much sense !!! keep it up .

In my state we speak ; Koshur , Dogri , Urdu , Pahari , Hindi , English etc .

I am a Kashmiri .

I speak Hindi and I am not afraid of Hindi .

Why South Indians think negatively about Hindi ???
we don't like Hindi, so we don't want hindi here.. Period..

we don't like Hindi, so we don't want hindi here.. Period..

Why don't U like Hindi ?
Reasons for Hate ? or it is just ........What we call Ideological Intolerance :p:

Hindi is an Indo Aryan Language and South Indian Languages are different ( Dravidian ) ?
If that is the reason , Brits did succeeded in their Job :lol:

Why don't U like Hindi ?
Reasons for Hate ? or it is just ........What we call Ideological Intolerance :p:

Hindi is an Indo Aryan Language and South Indian Languages are different ( Dravidian ) ?
If that is the reason , Brits did succeeded in their Job :lol:
What hindi means to us before 1947? It's just another language which is spoken in the British colonies like the chinese in hong kong. Hindi is as relevant as the chinese, to us.

And no outsider united TN under one umbrella except the British.. That's why we wanted to go independent after the British rule.. Rest of india has nothing to do with us before the British..

Don't comeback with the rhetorics TN followed hinduism in the ancient times, so we were one country for a long time, i am tired of it here. Christianity doesn't make german, UK, France as one, they are different countries with different cultures. We are culturally different from you like saudi arabia and pakistan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom