What's new

Historical Background of Pakistan and its People

Historically, Buddhism(and Hinduism too) prevailed in Afghan region. a 1000 year islamic tradition cannot erase the History to the tunes of inflated tribal ego and chest thumping.who gave a ***'s *** for such claims?eh?

ps:non hindu posted this.

Those came from CARs are by NO Means Hindus or having Hindu roots.

This is interesting that Indians for so long had been trying to prove themselves anything other than Dravidian:angel:

Never said those people are linked with Indians at all. But there is a misconception of the word Turk. There are many "Turks".

The genetic views on race differ in their classification of Dravidians. According to population geneticist L.L. Cavalli-Sforza of Stanford, based on work done in the 1980s, Indians are genetically Caucasian, but Lewontin rejects the label Caucasian. Cavalli-Sforza found that Indians are about three times closer to West Europeans than to East Asians. Dr. Eduardas Valaitis, in 2006, found that India is genetically closest to East and Southeast Asians with about 15% more genetic similarity than to Europeans; he also found that India could be considered very distinct from other regions. Genetic anthropologist Stanley Marion Garn considered in the 1960s that the entirety of the Indian Subcontinent to be a "race" genetically distinct from other populations. Others, such as Lynn B. Jorde and Stephen P. Wooding, claim South Indians are genetic intermediaries between Europeans and East Asians.

A number of earlier anthropologists held the view that the Dravidian peoples together were a distinct race. Comprehensive genetic studies have proven that this is not the case. The genetic studies also indicated that the origin of both Dravidian and Indo-Aryan speakers is the Indian subcontinent.(The situation is similar to Western Europe, where the Basques are racially similar to the surrounding Romance language speakers.) Recent studies of the distribution of alleles on the Y chromosome,microsatellite DNA,and mitochondrial DNA in India have cast overwhelmingly strong doubt for a biologically identifiable "Dravidian race" distinct from non-Dravidians in the Indian subcontinent. The only distinct ethnic groups present in South Asia, according to genetic analysis, are the Balochi, Brahui, Burusho, Hazara, Kalash, Pathan and Sindhi peoples, the vast majority of whom are found in today's Pakistan.

In a 2009 study of 132 individuals, 560,000 single-nucleotide polymorphisms in 25 different Indian groups were analyzed, providing strong evidence in support of the notion that modern Indians are a hybrid population descending from two pre-historic, genetically divergent populations, one of which, referred to as the 'Ancestral North Indians', aged 40.000 years and the other, called the 'Ancestral South Indians', aged 60.000 years. The intermingling of ANI's and ASI's happened in the same period as the ANI's first appeared, 40.000 years ago. The study also holds, that the caste system grew out of tribal-like organizations of the Indian society. In another study of 2009 conducted among 10 Asian countries, Dravidian peoples showed similarities with north Indians as well as peoples of Malaysia, Singapore and China.

Last edited:
In a 2009 study of 132 individuals, 560,000 single-nucleotide polymorphisms in 25 different Indian groups were analyzed, providing strong evidence in support of the notion that modern Indians are a hybrid population descending from two pre-historic, genetically divergent populations, one of which, referred to as the 'Ancestral North Indians', aged 40.000 years and the other, called the 'Ancestral South Indians', aged 60.000 years. The intermingling of ANI's and ASI's happened in the same period as the ANI's first appeared, 40.000 years ago.

Most Indians are mixed of two pre historic waves that came to India. One that came 60,000 years ago and the biggest wave that came 40,000 years ago.

Historically, Buddhism(and Hinduism too) prevailed in Afghan region. a 1000 year islamic tradition cannot erase the History to the tunes of inflated tribal ego and chest thumping.who gave a ***'s *** for such claims?eh?

ps:non hindu posted this.

:lol::lol: why getting frustrated. We have being tribals or whatever you call Yes we have an ego and rightly have unlike those who are trying to change their bloodline just to prove themselves that Dravidian are Pukhtuns :whistle::whistle:

:lol::lol: why getting frustrated. We have being tribals or whatever you call Yes we have an ego and rightly have unlike those who are trying to change their bloodline just to prove themselves that Dravidian are Pukhtuns :whistle::whistle:
it is a wrong notion that someone wants to be "pasthon".JFYI, most of India does not even know of such a group.I was Telling You, that the Current Afghan region definitely had a History Which was Linked to Bharat as Buddhism prevailed there for centuries, if not 1000s of years before islam.
that's it :) don't get enraged.we don't know tribalism and never care for such things here.
Thank You.

No one wants to be a Pashton, no one said that. He said Indian religions like Hinduism and Buddhism was practiced by those people. Just like Iranian religions like Zoroastrianism was also practiced by your people. Before Islam Central Asians used to practiced many religions like Buddhism. Doesn't mean their Indian.

Last edited:
it is a wrong notion that someone wants to be "pasthon".JFYI, most of India does not even know of such a group.I was Telling You, that the Current Afghan region definitely had a History Which was Linked to Bharat as Buddhism prevailed there for centuries, if not 1000s of years before islam.
that's it :) don't get enraged.we don't know tribalism and never care for such things here.
Thank You.

Well thank you very much Nobody said Budhism was not there in the region. I gave you reasons for Flourishing of Bhudhism in friendly postures which are now part of current day Pakistan and Afghanistan.

As far as Tribalism is concerned we often hear excuses by Indians putting blame on tribalism for many ills in Hinduism like cast system.

BTW there is one part of my province KP called hazara division which was under Sikhs and Hindus also were found there much before partition. There are many words of Sanskrit which are part of local language we speak there in that region.

:cheers:

No one wants to be a Pashton, no one said that. He said Indian religions like Hinduism and Buddhism was practiced by those people. Just like Iranian religions like Zoroastrianism was also practiced by your people. Before Islam Central Asians used to practiced many religions like Buddhism. Doesn't mean they Indian.

The person was arguing something else. My argument was about bloodline when Indians come here and claim that everyone of us have hindu roots .

That claim is just a boasting bruised ego practice by such people who do it in every forum. even if we for a second agree to their claim even then Being A Muslim means YOU are different than Hindus simple as that. It also means those Hindu elders or forefathers of the converted Muslims were on a path which the Muslims considered wrong thats why we are Muslims today when there is no compulsion on us to remain Muslims.

The person was arguing something else. My argument was about bloodline when Indians come here a claim that everyone of us have hindu roots .

That claim is just a boasting bruised ego practice by such people who do it in every forum. even if we for a second agree to their claim even then Being A Muslim means YOU are different than Hindus simple as that. It also means those Hindu elders or forefathers of the converted Muslims were on a path which the Muslims considered wrong thats why we are Muslims today when there is no compulsion on us to remain Muslims.

What does bloodline have to do with religion? Reality is every single one of us have roots or a "bloodline" coming from eastern Africa. So an African man to a Chinese man are not that different.

A turk need not necessarily be from anatolia,even a kazhak,uzbek or Tajik would be turkic.

another wrong, tajiks arent turkic. They fall under the "persian" peoples of central asia.

"Tajik (Persian: تاجيک Tājīk; Tajik: Тоҷик) is a general designation for a wide range of Persian-speaking peoples of Iranian origin,[14] with traditional homelands in present-day Afghanistan, Tajikistan, and southern Uzbekistan. Smaller numbers also live in Iran and Pakistan; they are mostly refugees from Afghanistan.[15]"

The previous are turkic nevertheless. Just thought id correct this error :)

Last edited:
I dont know about NWFP,Baloch and the northern areas.But punjab and sindh,east or west of the indus is all hindu territory.Muslims came there much later and it doesn't matter what the poluation was recently.

Jinnah is a baniya/bora muslim from gujrat.He is not rajput.

Ghaznavid stuff happened 800 years thats like one week in history,thats all.

BTW,i have R1-A1 dna haplogroup and i am tamil brahmin from kanyakumari.My ancestors ran away from muslim oppresion of alauddin khilji and settled in the south of india since 1400 AD.big deal,man.

:what::what::what:

thanks for sharing YOUR family history.....so sorry to hear about your "oppressed" ancestors.

I am Girl so dont call me bro.

Secondly you you called Arabs before Islam as Hindus (Pagans)

The point to bring that point was that whenever someone mentions that pre-Islamic practice in Arab world, The Indians jump in and say They were pagans that does not mean those arbas were Hindus.

Since you said Pagan arabs were hindus so i was just testing what was your stance on that point then.

Dont try to sell you Indian bullshit to me as being Pukhtun i know what does a Pukhtun mean and NO Hindu is Pukhtun. Its a bloodline that makes you a Pukhtun or otherwise. Just by living in Frontier or Kabul does NOT change Bloodline or genes of Hindus into Pukhtun Bloodline or genes.

:rofl::rofl: another Indian with some Complex to prove everyone Hindu.

Sorry my Ancestors being Pukhtuns were NEVER having any kind of Hindu roots.

And no one was slaughtered forces of our Prophet (PBUH) when Islam was started. It was very much a peaceful invitation but turned into battles and wars for survival when those might pagans started atrocities against those who adopted a new religion.

See,world people are either followers of book religions or not.

when you are pagan,you dont have the urge to convert everyone to your faith.You dont interfere in their worship and you dont try to sell your religion.

The sole reason hinduism became organized and behaved like one religion is as a reaction to heavy handed book religions like Islam who have a fundamental problem in agreeing to disagree with anyone.

Pakhtun is a race,right?It existed before sunni islam,then.There could have been pakhtun people who were non islamic,resisted the imposition of it and perished as a result of it.

I am not calling your ancestors hindus,i am saying the people your ancestors killed were hindus.

BTW,even hindus came from central asia.I am caste hindu and i have roots from Iran,dont sell your ignorance on me.

Those came from CARs are by NO Means Hindus or having Hindu roots.

This is interesting that Indians for so long had been trying to prove themselves anything other than Dravidian:angel:

I have dravidian roots too,probably mongloid roots too and i am damn proud of it.

It is your problem that you are stuck up in hallucinating European divisive theories like Aryan Migration and all and you fail to see reality.

Lets get this straight. Hindi and Urdu are the same language (spoken). And India and Pakistan have no basis of independent seperation before partition.

:welcome:

Also the Dravidians were originally invaders from the middle east who displaced the native austric people. Later few Indo-Eropeans invaded (aryans), their language became predominant in the North, the Dravidian languages were preserved in the more isolated south. Still there is not evidence for a massive move of the Dravidians them selfs, nor a massive input of Aryans thus the gene-pool of the sub-continent is of mainly Dravidian (what ever your skin color).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom