What's new

"Hindustani language" : Indian propoganda on Wikipedia

Depending on which Pakistanis you refer to i.e. the bad rep. As for the rest, no, Pakistanis themselves are responsible for any tarnishing of their image. But your post was not needed at all and bought it all sorts of irrelevant stuff.
Well, Pakistani's do have the habbit to blame everything as 'conspiracy against Islam and Pakistan'. The OP started with the same $hit as well.
Just pointing out the instances which do leave an impact on the minds of the global population.

For example - A rape in India is now global news. It does leave an impact. Heck, it affected India's tourism for a couple of months.

Personally I think it is beyond silly that anyone should make a fuss about this. I remember in Malaysia asking the local South Indian population if they spoke Hindi, so I could converse more freely. I was shocked when they said no. It's something I take for granted and is a great way to open up the relationship between people.
South Indian is too generic a term.
If it were people from Karnataka or Andhra, Pradesh, odds are they would know Hindi. If it was Tamil or Keralites then odds are they wont.

And I think amongst the Indians, SE Asia has a majority of Tamil population. Particularly Singapore and Malaysia.

Well, Pakistani's do have the habbit to blame everything as 'conspiracy against Islam and Pakistan'. The OP started with the same $hit as well.
Just pointing out the instances which do leave an impact on the minds of the global population.

For example - A rape in India is now global news. It does leave an impact. Heck, it affected India's tourism for a couple of months.

South Indian is too generic a term.
If it were people from Karnataka or Andhra, Pradesh, odds are they would know Hindi. If it was Tamil or Keralites then odds are they wont.

And I think amongst the Indians, SE Asia has a majority of Tamil population. Particularly Singapore and Malaysia.

Well those Pakistanis have to wake up period and move their backside and something about it if they want t change things. Many of us are on the "action" bandwagon rather than the "blaming" one.

These guys I spoke to were Tamil folk. But I'm surprised they did not know Hindi. You say Tamil folk in India are like that, why is that?

Well those Pakistanis have to wake up period and move their backside and something about it if they want t change things. Many of us are on the "action" bandwagon rather than the "blaming" one.
If you say so.
Though I will say that over the years - a lot of educated Pakistani's have reduced/removed this 'all is conspiracy' syndrome. 5-7 years back, it was all over the place and everyone peddled it.

These guys I spoke to were Tamil folk. But I'm surprised they did not know Hindi. You say Tamil folk in India are like that, why is that?
Because Tamils, like Bengalis and Marathis are linguistic chauvinists :lol:
They take absolute, immense pride in their language.

Dont ask me, I dont get the 'why'. But for them Language is quite supreme! I mean I get that Tamil and Bengali are beautiful languages, but I dont get why they are so passionate about it!

Marathis and Bengalis get and speak Hindi by default as both their languages are derived from Sanskrit - like Hindi.
Tamil is probably the only major language of India that evolved independently from the rest, has no Sanskrit roots. So by default they donot understand Hindi. Though Hindi is now increasing in Tamil Nadu because of the trilingual education system adopted and quite a lot of migration to and from Tamil Nadu.

If you say so.
Though I will say that over the years - a lot of educated Pakistani's have reduced/removed this 'all is conspiracy' syndrome. 5-7 years back, it was all over the place and everyone peddled it.

Well there you are. It is a start and will hopefully grow from there.

Dont ask me, I dont get the 'why'. But for them Language is quite supreme! I mean I get that Tamil and Bengali are beautiful languages, but I dont get why they are so passionate about it!

Marathis and Bengalis get and speak Hindi by default as both their languages are derived from Sanskrit - like Hindi.
Tamil is probably the only major language of India that evolved independently from the rest, has no Sanskrit roots. So by default they donot understand Hindi. Though Hindi is now increasing in Tamil Nadu because of the trilingual education system adopted and quite a lot of migration to and from Tamil Nadu.

Ah language chauvinists, they are everywhere. Good to see Hindi being more widely spoken. I do think those who resist would have distinct disadvantage when it came to job hunting, loan applications, business etc.

historically there was no language called hindustani.....never existed....but even if we looks at this point of view then not just hindi and urdu but all the languages should be included in "HINDUSTANI LANGUAGE" but it,s not.....
May be in your little world. However, during final years of Indian freedom movement, this language was promoted by congress and especially Gandhi. RSS and other Hindu organization disliked this as they though it is appeasement of muslims. As someone already pointed out, it was nothing but combination of urdu and hindi. After Independence, language lost it's favour....

If you say so.

I have had the fortune of growing up in hindi heartland but with vast roots and/or experiences of having interacted with tamil and bengalis. First of all there is a difference. Bengali grammar and language is much more rich and developed than hindi per se. Our noted literature novelist Rabindranath Tagore was a bengali. But they watch hindi movies and talk to north indians in w/e broken hindi they can manage. They never expect a north indian to speak bengali.

But case with tamilians is different. Tamil Political leaders in 60s and 70s made the tamil language an extremely emotional issue. Tamilians would expect the north indians to speak in tamil with them and they would not learn hindi as tamil is "older" than hindi/sanskrit.

May be in your little world. However, during final years of Indian freedom movement, this language was promoted by congress and especially Gandhi. RSS and other Hindu organization disliked this as they though it is appeasement of muslims. As someone already pointed out, it was nothing but combination of urdu and hindi. After Independence, language lost it's favour....
really?....i mean if you want to combine 2 languages for political purposes and present it as a proof of the existance of that LANGUAGE whcih harldy anybody speak , then really....... logic should fly out of this world.....and if the language lost it,s favour then WHO is so desperate to prove that it is spoken in pakistan :wacko:

Mr Genius, can a Turk understand Urdu???? where as all Hindi speakers in India will
Because the sentence formation, grammatical structure and all the blocks of Urdu is based on Hindi/Sanskrit
Urdu is Hindi + Some Imported words from Arabic, Persian etc.

Mr Genius, can a Turk understand Urdu???? where as all Hindi speakers in India will
Because the sentence formation, grammatical structure and all the blocks of Urdu is based on Hindi/Sanskrit
Urdu is Hindi + Some Imported words from Arabic, Persian etc.
i know some indians here in germany who cannot speak hindi.......they can understand but cannot speak..........and urdu is based on Arabic manuscript...even a europeon can understand this who never have heard urdu....but yes intially urdu had many manuscripts but now just one standard.....and for this part "
Urdu is Hindi + Some Imported words from Arabic, Persian etc" .............
:suicide2:

Last edited:
really?....i mean if you want to combine 2 languages for political purposes and present it as a proof of the existance of that LANGUAGE whcih harldy anybody speak , then really....... logic should fly out of this world.....and if the language lost it,s favour then WHO is so desperate to prove that it is spoken in pakistan :wacko:

i know some indians here in germany who cannot speak hindi.......they can understand but cannot speak..........and urdu is based on Arabic manuscript...even a europeon can understand this who never have heard urdu....but yes intially urdu had many manuscripts but now just one standard.....and for this part "

Enough trolling for today brother. :lol:

That is funny logic. I am not combining anything. It was done long ago that is why it is "history". Most of the languages are evolved in the same way.... get a life...

Amir Khusru of Turkic origin was father of hindustani language. Now it has replaced original languages of Hindi belt.

Pashto should be national language of Pakistan :pakistan:
as this is totally out of Hindustani influence :bunny:

Farsi should be lol considering the national anthem of Pakistan is in farsi, Pakistan itself a farsi word as well lol.

Farsi should be lol considering the national anthem of Pakistan is in farsi, Pakistan itself a farsi word as well lol.

Urdu is mixture of Aryan Language and Arab/Farsi. Don't see any Indian influence in it.

Back
Top Bottom