What's new

"Hindustani language" : Indian propoganda on Wikipedia

Hindustani. Hmmmmm
I think this name of India is given by Muslim invaders. Infact this is not from hindi or sanskrit. it itself is not to promoting to their language in my opinion.

The name was given by Persians when they were Zoroastrians.

"Hindustani (Hindustani: हिन्दुस्तानी, ہندوستانی[a][6]), historically also known as Hindavi, Dehlvi, Urdu, and Rekhta, is thelingua franca of North India and most of Pakistan."
Everybody knows that the above names are old names of URdu , but what are indians trying to achieve by writing propoganda articals like this. I believe it,s a media warfare on nationwide scale that needs to be repulsed. i have encountered several user who were uploading these kind of propoganda video continiously on youtube creating a phscycological warfare to make other world believe that indian and pakistanis are same. Is it time that We should repulse this propoganda as nation, should we spend atleast a bit of our time from Facebook, twitter or PDF to take a look at those articals which are directly or indirectly connected to pakistan,s image, which will not only increase our knowledge about our history but we will also be serving our country? @Aeronaut @DESERT FIGHTER @Aslan @Spring Onion @RazPaK @pak-marine @farhan 9909 @Jaanbaz @eiaz 007 and all others

:)))))))))))))))))))))) well let them do it i i have find no issue here. this will highlight the red parts

it,s not about wikipedia or youtube...it,s about distorting facts and doing propoganda online....and moreover it,s about how pakistanis should respond......but reading articals are commenting on forums or by writing and editing articals and video... and the above wikipedia artical is merely an example.....nothing else...but you can see that just by changing the name of URDU to HINDUSTANI LANGUAGE there is a huge change in geopolitical political point of view of one who do not knows politics of india and pakistan

it,s a language, recently developed by some indian on wikipedia. but still it,s not about articals it,s about propoganda and pakistan,s responce to propoganda..

Not only language mate, the conspiracy is even deeper, some people claim that Pakistani cuisine, dresses, music, arts, basic culture, family values, lifestyle, even the people of Pakistan are basically Hindustani........!! :D

It is in fact a global conspiracy, I am sure many in Germany think you are an Indian unless you clarify. :D

:)))))))))))))))))))))) well let them do it i i have find no issue here. this will highlight the red parts
and jana ji strikes

btw acc. to Britanica

Hindustani language,lingua franca of India. Hindustani began to develop during the 13th century ce in and around the Indian cities of Delhi and Meerut in response to the increasing linguistic diversity that resulted from Muslim hegemony. In the 19th century its use was widely promoted by the British, who initiated an effort at standardization. Hindustani is widely recognized as India’s most common lingua franca, but its status as a vernacular renders it difficult to measure precisely its number of speakers.

OriginHindustani was initially used to facilitate interaction between the speakers of Khari Boli (a regional dialect that developed out of Shauraseni Apabhramsha and is now considered a variety of Hindi) and the speakers of Persian, Turkish, and Arabic who migrated to North India after the establishment of Muslim hegemony in the early 13th century ce.

Hindustani’s popularity increased as a result of its use by poets such as Amīr Khosrow (1253–1325), Kabīr (1440–1518), Dadu(1544–1603), and Raḥīm (1556–1627), the court poet of Akbar. Its use by Sufi saints such as Bābā Farīd (flourished late 12th century) and various poets of theNatha tradition (which combined practices from Buddhism, Shaivism,
and Hatha Yoga in an effort to reach immortality) also increased its popularity.

Vocabulary
Though Khari Boli supplied its basic vocabulary and grammar, Hindustani also borrowed freely from Persian. Among the Persian words that became common are many concerning administration (e.g., adalat ‘court,’ daftar ‘office,’ vakil ‘pleader,’ sipahi ‘soldier,’shahar ‘city,’ kasba‘small town,’ zila ‘district’), dress (e.g., kamiz ‘shirt,’ shal ‘shawl’), cosmetics (e.g., itra ‘perfume,’sabun ‘soap’), furniture (e.g., kursi ‘chair,’ mez ‘table,’ takht ‘dais’), and professions (e.g., bajaj‘draper,’ chaprasi ‘peon,’ dukandar ‘shopkeeper,’haqim ‘physician,’ dalal ‘broker,’ halvai‘confectioner’).

Hindustani also borrowed Persian prefixes to create new words. Persian affixes became so assimilated that they were used with original Khari Boli words as well. The process of hybridization also led to the formation of words in which the first element of the compound was from Khari Boli and the second from Persian, such as rajmahal ‘palace’ (raja ‘royal, king’ +mahal ‘house, place’) and rangmahal ‘fashion house’ (rang ‘colour, dye’ + mahal ‘house, place’).

and jana ji strikes

btw acc. to Britanica

Hindustani language,lingua franca of India. Hindustani began to develop during the 13th century ce in and around the Indian cities of Delhi and Meerut in response to the increasing linguistic diversity that resulted from Muslim hegemony. In the 19th century its use was widely promoted by the British, who initiated an effort at standardization. Hindustani is widely recognized as India’s most common lingua franca, but its status as a vernacular renders it difficult to measure precisely its number of speakers.

OriginHindustani was initially used to facilitate interaction between the speakers of Khari Boli (a regional dialect that developed out of Shauraseni Apabhramsha and is now considered a variety of Hindi) and the speakers of Persian, Turkish, and Arabic who migrated to North India after the establishment of Muslim hegemony in the early 13th century ce.

Hindustani’s popularity increased as a result of its use by poets such as Amīr Khosrow (1253–1325), Kabīr (1440–1518), Dadu(1544–1603), and Raḥīm (1556–1627), the court poet of Akbar. Its use by Sufi saints such as Bābā Farīd (flourished late 12th century) and various poets of theNatha tradition (which combined practices from Buddhism, Shaivism,
and Hatha Yoga in an effort to reach immortality) also increased its popularity.

Vocabulary
Though Khari Boli supplied its basic vocabulary and grammar, Hindustani also borrowed freely from Persian. Among the Persian words that became common are many concerning administration (e.g., adalat ‘court,’ daftar ‘office,’ vakil ‘pleader,’ sipahi ‘soldier,’shahar ‘city,’ kasba‘small town,’ zila ‘district’), dress (e.g., kamiz ‘shirt,’ shal ‘shawl’), cosmetics (e.g., itra ‘perfume,’sabun ‘soap’), furniture (e.g., kursi ‘chair,’ mez ‘table,’ takht ‘dais’), and professions (e.g., bajaj‘draper,’ chaprasi ‘peon,’ dukandar ‘shopkeeper,’haqim ‘physician,’ dalal ‘broker,’ halvai‘confectioner’).

Hindustani also borrowed Persian prefixes to create new words. Persian affixes became so assimilated that they were used with original Khari Boli words as well. The process of hybridization also led to the formation of words in which the first element of the compound was from Khari Boli and the second from Persian, such as rajmahal ‘palace’ (raja ‘royal, king’ +mahal ‘house, place’) and rangmahal ‘fashion house’ (rang ‘colour, dye’ + mahal ‘house, place’).

the authentic scripts/sources say it all just like the above in your post so i will repeat even if something malicious is on wikipedia let it be :)

even then its North India and Pakistan

propoganda to waste my time
pakistan was borned only by dividing india
people from all part of india gone to pakistan even fron kerala

and jana ji strikes

btw acc. to Britanica

Vocabulary

Languages develop, form and evolve through migrations, invasions, borrowing words/expressions from surrounding languages as well as the dominant language used for commerce. I don't understand what this fuss is all about Urdu/Hindustani/Hindi etc.

Languages develop, form and evolve through migrations, invasions, borrowing words/expressions from surrounding languages as well as the dominant language used for commerce. I don't understand what this fuss is all about Urdu/Hindustani/Hindi etc.

main toh pehle se keh raha hoon ki
this is a waste of thread......

but since the guys started questioning that there was no hindustani language,hence i quoted the info from a reliable source.......

i agree with ur point about the language mate
that is how the language evolves

You are joking...right?

Indians are not distorting your image, the entire Credit goes to Pakistani's.

1. Running around trying to kill 10 year old christian girls for 'insult to Islam'
2. Applying the 7th century arabic blasphemy laws on anyone including mentally undeveloped kids
3. Exporting valued Pakistani citizens like Ajmal kasab among others to fight your holy battles.
4. Getting caught with the likes of Osama Bin Laden living comfortably in the a military garrison town.
5. Pakistani's abroad doing their bit for Pakistan by getting involved in all kinds of crime including 'grooming gangs'
6. Killers of Guv. of Punjab being celebrated as holy warriors and showered with rose petals!
7. Ahmadis graves being desecrated so that the word 'Muslim' can be removed
8. Taliban putting a bullet in Malala's brain and Pakistani's still calling it a 'conspiracy'.

You want more?

FFS, are Pakistani's globally taught by birth that everything wrong that happens to them is because of India/Israel/US.

You just don't stop with your trolling do you. Just any opportunity.

Mods see to this.

Urdu and Hindi are very similar. I don't see any harm in that. There is no big deal and it actual fact it should be seen as an advantage i.e. being able to converse with 1.1 billon other people.

Farsi was traditionally used by the rulers of old, so that's what people need to use if they want to get away from "Indian influence".

Very true. I dont get the fuss either. Language is a means to an end(communication), not the end in itself.

Urdu and Hindi are very similar. I don't see any harm in that. There is no big deal and it actual fact it should be seen as an advantage i.e. being able to converse with 1.1 billon other people.

Farsi was traditionally used by the rulers of old, so that's what people need to use if they want to get away from "Indian influence".
I agree with this as well. It forms a big market for companies - both Indian and Pakistani. It is a strong enabler for more trade.

Really waz. Ask yourself why Pakistani's have a bad image. Is it Indian propaganda?

Depending on which Pakistanis you refer to i.e. the bad rep. As for the rest, no, Pakistanis themselves are responsible for any tarnishing of their image. But your post was not needed at all and bought it all sorts of irrelevant stuff.

I agree with this as well. It forms a big market for companies - both Indian and Pakistani. It is a strong enabler for more trade.

Personally I think it is beyond silly that anyone should make a fuss about this. I remember in Malaysia asking the local South Indian population if they spoke Hindi, so I could converse more freely. I was shocked when they said no. It's something I take for granted and is a great way to open up the relationship between people.

I am just happy my mother tongue is spoken by hundreds of millions of people.:lol:

No, we must not speak it anymore it is sacrilege.

When people the world over are trying to fall over themselves to learn new languages, we want to reject the roots of one that is spoken by 1.5 billion people. It's an advantage and always will be.

Back
Top Bottom