What's new

Hindus, Muslims celebrate Lucknow's 'Holi Baraat'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Communal clash in Varanasi on Holi

Thu, Mar 12 01:45 PM

Varanasi, Mar 12 (ANI): Over a dozen people were injured in religious violence in Varanasi on Wednesday.

ouble broke out after a group of revellers sprayed colours while celebrating Holi near a mosque.

The altercation resulted in stone pelting between the members of the two communities. The angry mob also targeted the police.

The administration then clamped a curfew in the communally sensitive town.

A teenage boy is believed to be missing after the violence broke out as a mob entered his house after which he went missing.

"When the stone pelting was going we ran to save ourselves. A mob entered our house after which our son got missing," said Shailu, whose son is missing.

A few security personnel were also injured during the violence.

Security has been tightened in the locality and surrounding areas to control the situation. (ANI)

Communal clash in Varanasi on Holi - Yahoo! India News

That's my point, if you want to celebrate holi you can and if you dont want shouldn't be forced to. I have seen clashed between hindu youth who fought other hindu youth because they spraied color on them when they did not wanted to celebrate due death in thier family.

That's my point, if you want to celebrate holi you can and if you dont want shouldn't be forced to. I have seen clashed between hindu youth who fought other hindu youth because they spraied color on them when they did not wanted to celebrate due death in thier family.

Why should I or why should that even be offer to celebrate a Hindu festival to non Hindu. It's a Hindu festival. Why don't you guys admit that some area's in Hindustan, Muslims or other religious group are compelled or force to join in celebration of "holi" a Hindu festival otherwise Hindus make their life little more miserable. As communist pointed out the hypocrisy in Hindu India..

n some parts of India, Muslims and Christians are compelled or forced to play Holi because if they do not participate, they will get bad treatment from the Hindu majority. Of course, Hindu Media houses never ever cover such issues. This is the fact and if any one does not agree with it, she or he is a hypocrite.

How is this related to Hindu-Muslime Holi celebrations? :crazy:

There is no such thing as Hindu-Muslim Holi celebration as Hindus do not celebrate Islamic festivals, Muslims also do not celebrate Hinduist festivals. Why do you try to confuse people? Why do you try to bring Muslims into Hindu religious festivals? Or do you want to Hinduize non-Hindu believers by forcing them to perform Hindu rites and rituals? In India, Muslims are severely attacked by Hindu mobs who try to force the minorities to play Holi threatening them if they do not participate, they will be persecuted. Yes so in some super majoritarian Hindu Indian areas, Muslims have no other option rather than to participate in Hindu religious festivals like Holi, Shuddhikaran festivals like Ganesha worship, Kaali worship, Shiva Linga worship etc just out of fear because they know if they do not do what Hindus ask them to do, their women will be attacked, raped, their boys will be lynched, old men will be slaughtered and properties will be destroyed. And not only Muslims, but also Christians, Sikhs, Dalits and others are forced to perform Hindu religious festivals. In some parts even, the Muslims are forced to drink 'charanamrita' (the Hindu deities' feet washing water which is dirty and unhygienic) the Brahman priests offer to the people of the villages. I can post links, but it will be off-topic.

Trouble erupted in the Rohidaswada area of Kalyan after the body of an activist of Bajrang Dal, an ultra Hindu youth organization, was found with stab injuries. A mob went on a stone-pelting and stabbing spree and set ablaze houses and commercial establishments of the Muslim community, prompting police to open fire.

The mob also stabbed a Muslim woman who died later of her wounds. According to UNI, an official Indian news agency, a large number of houses and shops have been torched. No casualties have been reported so far in the firing. However, a couple of policemen were injured in a stone attack by the rampaging mob.

How is this related to people being forced to celebrate holi.:crazy:

The focus might have been on Gujarat, which is burning since February 27, the tense communal atmosphere created by the extremist outfits has resulted in many communal flare-ups around the country during the past few weeks.

In Gujarat alone, over 800 people have already been killed, billions worth houses and trade establishments have been systematically destroyed and over two hundred thousand Muslims now live in refugee camps scattered all over the state.

The extremists have been threatening to repeat 'Gujarat' all over India. A number of such attempts have already been made. In Karimpur village of Baghpat district of the north Indian state of Haryana, at least 21 were injured
when elements from the Hindu and Muslim communities resorted to brick batting on the occasion of Holi, the festival of spring.

Two Hindus who were playing colors reportedly got hold of a Muslim youth, and applied colors to his face by force. This resulted in the beating up of the two people involved and later on led to group clashes between the two communities resulting into communal tensions.[/
B]

Two youth's, could be childrens or young teenagers, who misbehaved and colored other youth, who happned to be muslim. That happen between diffrent hindu castes as well.

The northern state of Uttar Pradesh witnessed stray incidents of communal violence. A mazaar was reportedly desecrated and a copy of the Holy Qur’an burnt in the district of Bahraich by miscreants sparking off retaliation with a mob attacking places of worship, setting ablaze vehicles and throwing stones at the police. This forced authorities to clamp prohibitory orders. Nearly 130 persons were arrested.

Again how is this related to Hindu-Muslim holi celebrations. Just keep posing junk that is not related to my and your point.

In Rampur district, an alert district and police administration foiled attempts by miscreants to spread communal tension. However, two persons were killed and several injured in the district on the occasion of Holi.

Same, how is this related?

The city of the Taj Mahal - Agra - too was not spared from the communal frenzy. Miscreants made futile attempts to burn the ‘shahi darwaza’ of the Shahi Jama Masjid, whereas, at another place in the district, stones were pelted at a mosque and at least four shops belonging to Muslims were ransacked on March 28.

In Rajasthan, communal riots broke out on the occasion of the Muslim occasion Aashura (10th of Muharram). Incidents of arson occurred in Gangapur city of Sawai Madhopur district after police firing on an unruly mob blocking the route of Muharram procession claimed the lives of three people and left about 70 injured. Indefinite curfew was clamped on the town to bring the situation under control. In another incident, desecration of a mosque in the Chittorgarh district April 1 led to communal tension.

Even in central India, the Congress-ruled state of Madhya Pradesh could not escape from communal fury. In Khandwa town, communal riots broke out between Hindus and Muslims. Three of the worst affected localities were placed under curfew and the situation was brought under control.

In eastern India, the states of West Bengal and Jharkhand were also affected by the communal tension which has overtaken a major part of the country. In the Keshpur area of Midnapore West district in West Bengal, tensions ran high after one person was killed and three others were injured in a communal clash March 30.

The communally-sensitive state of Jharkhand was not left behind. Nearly 23 people were injured, five of them seriously, in a clash between Holi revelers and a group of Muslims emerging from a mosque after Friday prayers.

This between misbehaving youths not Hindus imposing thier will on muslims. Again you see this situation where some people sprayed some color on other people who did not want to celebrate due to death in family, going to see some one in thier nice cloths or ever religious reasons all the time.

The trouble emerged in Madanpur village of the Ichak police station, nearly 35 km away from Hazaribagh district of the state on March 29. Patrolling has been intensified in the area and prohibitory orders have been promulgated.

In the Western Indian state of Maharashtra, serious communal riots broke out in the district of Akola. According to reports, a Hindu woman was stabbed to death and her two-and-a-half-year old son was left seriously injured by a mob in the old city on March 30. Soon afterwards, police opened fire on a group of Muslims, killing three on the spot.

How is this related?

Nearly 12 people were injured in subsequent stabbing and firing incidents across the city. An indefinite curfew was clamped on parts of the town next day, March 31. The flare-up in Akola followed allegations of police inaction against people suspected to have thrown Holi colors on a mosque. Mobs from both communities fought pitched battles in various parts of the town.

This is the prime example of a point that I am trying to make that you should not impose thier opinions on ther people. Here some members suggested that it's un-Islamic and I am saying that what's wrong with neigbours celebrating together each other's holiday? Above some exterimist or misbehaving youths sprayed color on Mosque which is wrong and I am against it.

The South Indian states of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka also had to bear the communal brunt. In Coimbatore district of Tamil Nadu, an activist of the extremist Hindu Munani outfit reportedly stabbed and killed a Muslim medical shop owner March 26. This led to communal tension in the area.

In retaliation, a few days later, a senior functionary of the extremist Hindu organization, RSS, was knifed to death by unknown assailants in the district. Following the two incidents, security was further tightened and more armed policemen were deployed in the area.

In the Hubli district of Karnataka, Hindu and Muslim elements set 18 shops on fire March 29, but the situation was quickly brought under control.

Last edited:
Why should I or why should that even be offer to celebrate a Hindu festival to non Hindu. It's a Hindu festival. Why don't you guys admit that some area's in Hindustan, Muslims or other religious group are compelled or force to join in celebration of "holi" a Hindu festival otherwise Hindus make their life little more miserable. As communist pointed out the hypocrisy in Hindu India..

No body asking Muslims to ask celebrate holi. I am saying is that if other muslims are celebrating holi with hindus because they are thier neigbours, why muslims from Pakistan have problem with it? Pleae provide link where hindus are forcing muslims to join Holi? Different cultures and religions and states celebrated holi uner different names. Exp. Holla Mahalla for Siks, if any body from India have the time to go, they should go to Anadput Sahib and I assure you that you will amazed.

@Gabbar
Just as you wanted links, I posted a secular report or article on communal violence in India and I made some lines bold just to show that your idealistic Holi is an occasion for the majority, the Hindus, to show their muscle power to the weak minorities like Muslims. And just as Holi is not and never ever an Islamic festival, Muslims naturally do not want to participate in that festival, but sometimes (as from your news report) somewhere Muslims have to participate out of fear from the Hindu fanatic hooligans.

Communist;325007]There is no such thing as Hindu-Muslim Holi celebration as Hindus do not celebrate Islamic festivals, Muslims also do not celebrate Hinduist festivals. Why do you try to confuse people? Why do you try to bring Muslims into Hindu religious festivals?

Communist: Please start reading thread from the begining and you will get answer to your questions.

Al-Zaki: I askd you question way back in the beginning of the thread, could you answer that question?

@Gabbar
Just as you wanted links, I posted a secular report or article on communal violence in India and I made some lines bold just to show that your idealistic Holi is an occasion for the majority, the Hindus, to show their muscle power to the weak minorities like Muslims. And just as Holi is not and never ever an Islamic festival, Muslims naturally do not want to participate in that festival, but sometimes (as from your news report) somewhere Muslims have to participate out of fear from the Hindu fanatic hooligans.

@ Communist:

What you posted was some misbehaving youths. For love of God, wait you are a commy you dont believe in that, start reading thread from the front and you will see how, probably not religiously but culturaly, how and why some muslims celebrate holi.

Communist: Please start reading thread from the begining and you will get answer to your questions.

I have already answered and my answer is again the same that is you can post links regarding Hindu-Muslim celebration of Holi as a festival (which is essentially Hindu) and show that in India Hindus and Muslims jointly celebrate Holi, but the reality says something totally different. On most occasions, Holi festival initiates communal violence (as we me and Al Zakir have already shown) and thus we can come to the conclusion that Holi is not a festival that leads to communal harmony in India (as you try to establish) rather a Hindu religious festival that spreads terror and violence that Hindus perpetrate.

Al-Zakir, you live in US and dont tell me that Jews, Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs dont attend Christmas parties at thier works. People wish happy holidays and marry christmas to each other all the time, it doesnt meas those people are less Muslims, Hindus and Sikhs.

@Gabbar

I can't speak behalf of all Hindu, Jews, sick and Muslims but I as a Muslim don't attend Christmas party at work or any friend house even though I do get invitation. I just convey my wish to their respected holiday. I also receive greeting and wish from my fellow co worker and non Muslim friends during Eid and ramzan. Sharing good will wish is one thing but asked or impose someone to celebrate religious holiday is some what insulting and sign of dominance.

The bottom line is it's haram for Muslim to celebrate non-Muslim religious holiday because it almost like recognizing the existence of other true religion beside Islam. we Muslim believe Islam is the only one way to go to Junnah.....

No hard feeling.:cheers:

I have already answered and my answer is again the same that is you can post links regarding Hindu-Muslim celebration of Holi as a festival (which is essentially Hindu) and show that in India Hindus and Muslims jointly celebrate Holi, but the reality says something totally different. On most occasions, Holi festival initiates communal violence (as we me and Al Zakir have already shown) and thus we can come to the conclusion that Holi is not a festival that leads to communal harmony in India (as you try to establish) rather a Hindu religious festival that spreads terror and violence that Hindus perpetrate.

On contrary to your point I have posted news that festivals can lead to peace and religious harmony (Read all of my posted news. You and I can agree to diagree on this point. :sniper:

@Gabbar

I can't speak behalf of all Hindu, Jews, sick and Muslims but I as a Muslim don't attend Christmas party at work or any friend house even though I do get invitation. I just convey my wish to their respected holiday. I also receive greeting and wish from my fellow co worker and non Muslim friends during Eid and ramzan. Sharing good will wish is one thing but asked or impose someone to celebrate religious holiday is some what insulting and sign of dominance.

The bottom line is it's haram for Muslim to celebrate non-Muslim religious holiday because it almost like recognizing the existence of other true religion beside Islam. we Muslim believe Islam is the only one way to go to Junnah.....

Thats my point, it your choice not to celebrate and there is nothing wront with that. But you dont force other muslims not attend parties right? As far is your belief about Islam, I dont think I can comment on that. Some muslims in Lakhnow celebrated holi, so why force them to not to do so? As same as why if some do not want to celebrate holi why force them to do so?

As fas my belief is concerned I am a Sikh and I believe there are my ways to reach God. You can be Muslim, I am Sikh and my some friends are Hindus and Christian but goal is the same. Just like if you are trying to go to New York, it does not matter if I go through DC or Pittsburgh, goal is to reach New Yourk. Once again that's my belief.

:cheers:

It must be understood, that some muslims believe that it is haraam to celebrate the festivals of other religions, no matter what the reason.

Their view is respected, yet there are also those muslims who believe that celebrating other festivals is alright, as long as you're not worshipping their gods.

Muslims can debate the theological implications of such celebrations, but should not judge each other on this.

For some, even celebrating child's birthday is seen as a bidah, an innovation that is to be shunned.

While others believe celebrating Sufi festivals is not allowed either.

There are diverse views upon such issues within the muslim community, therefore it is not a good idea to judge others on matters that are of debate.

@Gabbar

Yes, showing solidarity and wishing well is one thing (infact desirable) but actively celebrating non-Islamic festivals is another which by the way is haram in Islam.

Yes, showing solidarity and wishing well is one thing (infact desirable) but actively celebrating non-Islamic festivals is another which by the way is haram in Islam.

The hurmat of celebrating non Islamic festivals is not established by a specific nass, but it is a matter of ijtihad by scholars.

Just as some Deobandi scholars forbade the eating of sweets on Diwali, others allowed it to be eaten the following day, especially Ahmad Reza Barelwi.

I do not want to engage in a theological debate upon this matter, but it must be understood that there is a difference of opinion among muslim scholars regarding such a celebration.

Some scholars even claim celebrating the Prophets birthday (Milad) is unislamic, and an imitation of non islamic festivals of christmas, etc.

Please be tolerant of muslims who do not espouse the exact same views as yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom