What's new

Hindu sites 'only for Hinduism'

dabong1

<b>PDF VETERAN</b>
Reaction score

The government of the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh has banned the propagation of other religions in the holy places of Hindus across the state.
The authorities say the move is to ensure that Hindu sentiments in holy places are not offended.

It follows a row over alleged Christian missionary activity around a shrine in the town of Tirumala.

Christian organisations have not reacted, but a Muslim legal expert denounced it as unconstitutional.

The ordinance promulgated by the state Governor, Rameshwar Thakuar, came into effect immediately in Tirumala.

'Vatican for Hindus'

Experts say the move is a major development which will be far reaching.

The ordinance also affects seven areas surrounding Tirumala over an area of more than 10,000 acres affecting 20 Hindu religious places.

It empowers the state government to prohibit the propagation of religion in places of worship or prayer other than the religion traditionally practiced at such places.

In another equally significant move, the state government has accorded special status to the area around Tirumala as a place of religious importance.

The Lord Venkateswhara temple on top of the Tirumala Hills is counted among the richest Hindu temples in the country, visited by 50,000 devotees on a normal day and with an income of millions of dollars a year.

The decision to accord special status to Tirumala and its surrounding hills is being seen as an effort to meet the demands of Hindu organisations that the area become a "Vatican for Hindus".

The ordinance said that there had recently been a number of instances where worship or prayer by non-Hindu religious groups in or near Hindu places of worship hurt sentiments and disturbed the peace and tranquillity of that area.

"While practicing or preaching any religion was a fundamental right of every citizen, propagation of other religion in temple areas could not be allowed," the state Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy said.

The chief minister said that the order will cover the places of worship of all religions.

Anyone violating the law will be punished with imprisonment or a fine.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6735661.stm

1.You're wrong about the title.

2.I fully welcome the move. Nobody should propagate ones religion in another's place of worship.

3.What does this ordinance have to do with secularism ?

A little few examples,

1> Government of kerala wants a temple to be allowed for all, priests said no only for Hindus.
2> I'm fine with it because to me humanism matters more, at the same time why dont they do so for some churches and Mosques?

"While practicing or preaching any religion was a fundamental right of every citizen, propagation of other religion in temple areas could not be allowed," the state Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy said.
This is from constution, What do you guys know about Indian constitution?

What is Indian secularism?
Define it?

What does free speech and freedom of religion means in adieu with constitution?

Let me explain,

I'll give example of 'one' instutionalized religion to explain my point, which fits in the real bills as well,

Individual rights and liberties are in the realm of civics. Dharma etc is in the realm of religion and faith of the individual. It is the civic rights of individuals that protects the individuals right to belief. Dharma or otherwise.

As for as the right to practice ones religion. is actually an Individual right to free speech. Basically one stands on the soap box and freely speaks about the virtues of his/her religion and it gives an opportunity to others who may disagree and provide information contraty to the original speaker. This arbitration of ideas in an open society forces the bubble of truth to rise above. Thats the theory and concept. There is nothing wrong with that.

In an institutionalzed evangalism.. Its not restricted to individuals... Its a conspiracy for ethnic and cultural cleansing of societies. Primarily of foreign power. The Catholic Church to the Southern Baptist convention, they conspire to ethnically cleanse societies. They strategize, they recruit Ph.Ds and MBA and statisticians to do compettive analysis and collect vast sums of monies with the sole intent of cultural cleansing. The Joshua project is one such organization.

http://www.joshuaproject.net/

This does not fall under individual liberties and right to free speech. This falls under conspiracy in the scale of spread of communism.

East Timur is a prime example. Whats happening in Eastern India is another example.

So is this legitimate secularism your talking of?

To my understanding Secularism means "separation of religion from the state". This will therefore imply that no laws/ regulations etc will be enacted by the Govt in favour of or against any particular faith. What surprises me is that Kerala is the most enlightened of the Indian States, how did they manage to pass a law that favours a certain creed.

On the other hand if the law is meant to protect sensitivities of all religions; that is, it forbidden to preach Hinduism near a Church or a Mosque and similar to preach Islam near a Temple or a Church. In that case I find no harm in such a law.

On the other hand if the law is meant to protect sensitivities of all religions; that is, it forbidden to preach Hinduism near a Church or a Mosque and similar to preach Islam near a Temple or a Church. In that case I find no harm in such a law.

Sir,

Your answer

The government of the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh has banned the propagation of other religions in the holy places of Hindus across the state.
The authorities say the move is to ensure that Hindu sentiments in holy places are not offended.

It follows a row over alleged Christian missionary activity around a shrine in the town of Tirumala.[/

I would like to know what would be the reaction of muslims if a christain missionary or hindu sect sets up in mecca, trying to convert muslims.

Saudi Arabia never claimed to be a secular state.

Just like in Saudi style, a Hindu law has been enforced. Should we call India a Hindu state?

Saudi Arabia never claimed to be a secular state.

Just like in Saudi style, a Hindu law has been enforced. Should we call India a Hindu state?

aww, i love the way you twist words to suit your agenda, as always you fail?
saudi style, really... we kill people for entering the temple....fortunatly we aint those pre-historic people.

I am for the Indian government law, i dont want some mullah or priest coming and telling about your religion while i am praying to my god or in a reverse situation. So it is a very good law, Everybody gets their space.

saudi style, really... we kill people for entering the temple....fortunatly we aint those pre-historic people.

I am for the Indian government law, i dont want some mullah or priest coming and telling about your religion while i am praying to my god or in a reverse situation. So it is a very good law, Everybody gets their space.

Actually I like this proposal of making a laws to control religion. Its actually speaks volume of a progressing society. Law is supreme over religion.

The English Church gets very angry about the gay laws, contraception laws we pass here but the courts always rule that fundamental rights are more important than religious laws.

Regards

To my understanding Secularism means "separation of religion from the state". This will therefore imply that no laws/ regulations etc will be enacted by the Govt in favour of or against any particular faith. What surprises me is that Kerala is the most enlightened of the Indian States, how did they manage to pass a law that favours a certain creed.
Your correct but its not the whole picture, I can show you parliamentary archives of what was the discussion when the constitution was framed, Seperation of religion from the state and non-violation of fundamental rights.

Missionaries from day one is violating the constitution, as much as a upper caste assaulting a lower caste is violation of fundamental rights, which has drastically decreased with better education, mass conversion of poor and ililterate in the name of western gimmicks by the missionaries are violation of state rights (which has drastically increased) as well because it seeks political intervention which has far flung effects than you can imagine, the present nuclear deal is quite a example if you follow all the reports and think deeper.

This increase in missionary activities has its deep geo-political questions as well, Dont forget we are a developing nation, there are many countries out there who wouldnt want us to define system of our own, by system of our own what I mean? by that I mean a different form of system to challenge some sort of hegemony of others, example a alternate to WTO (not literally just a example), it would be atlantists nightmare, the only way to control that is control from inside.

There is nothing wrong with this law if anything it is total common sense,the only problem i can see is that india should at least be honest enough and stop pretending to be a secular country and admit that it is a hindu nation where hinduisim comes first.

dabong though your name sounds like a Gurkha anyways, after crossing 7 seas your asking where is pacific?

If you have some brains please read the reply I posted, I consider in the middle of a discussion all of a sudden to insert arguments which messes up the whole discussion as trolling.

It is What I called even if I know I pretend that I dont know type.

In the past Dalits has been killind for entering in upercaste temples. And not to forget when recently pundits had to throw out 1 million worth of food just because a non-hindu tourist entered certain Hindu temple.

To my understanding Secularism means "separation of religion from the state"

Except for the above part, everything else in the first part of your post, Sir, is, most regretfully, wrong.

It's not Kerala. Government can makes laws on the state and concurrent list.

I've been pointing out to read the thread fully before making a post to many people....

In that case I find no harm in such a law.

The law is exactly what you've mentioned. We're in agreement.

There is nothing wrong with this law if anything it is total common sense,the only problem i can see is that india should at least be honest enough and stop pretending to be a secular country and admit that it is a hindu nation where hinduisim comes first.

India is a secular country, and pakistan certainly wont suceed in the 1000 cuts policy, they wanted it to be a Hindu nation, cuz it works for them. But sadly for you Indians and the world even the guardians of muslims aka arabs doesnt see it that way.

Please tell me how this impeaching other religion, Hindu's dont do conversion of other religion's by spiritual or monetary ways.When I am praying in my temple, I dont want a priest or mullah coming and telling what i am doing is wrong according to them. They can tell me somewhere else if they want to, but not the place of my god.

Back
Top Bottom