What's new

Hindu Republic of India/hindustan ???

Then its same universal brotherhood ..i mean all mankind came from adam and eve and then get evolve into different nations, beliefs and races ..Its confusing as well because how can you be Hindu when you dont practice or take opart in hindu rituals/customs or traditions and dont consider bagvad geeta as holy ?

Well, the adam and eve story doesn't really withstand scientific scrutiny. Humans evolved from homo erectus.

For the second part of your post, I know it must be confusing to people who are schooled in the abrahamic faiths. Religion is a very different affair in the eastern religions. There are no single hindu rituals or customs. A hindu in Rajastan will have very different customs and rituals from a hindu in Kerala or Tamil Nadu.

It's not like there is one central book or dogma, like the quran or talmud. There is no single authority or practice. "Hinduism" was a term invented by the British, there is no "who is a hindu" and who is not. The hindu scriptures are all addressed to people in general, and you wont find the word "hindu" in any of them.

Then its same universal brotherhood ..i mean all mankind came from adam and eve and then get evolve into different nations, beliefs and races ..Its confusing as well because how can you be Hindu when you dont practice or take opart in hindu rituals/customs or traditions and dont consider bagvad geeta as holy ?

no actually i was talking about those 80% who call themselves Hindus. I bet vast majority of them would be atheist or agnostic who associate themselves with Hindu religion for cultural reason :)
Its not written anywhere if don,t you read geeta we are not hindus.Even if we dont pray to god it not against Hinduism as atheistic approach is also diversed in hindutva as well

Well yes You follow Islam Its your way of praying to god and its your Freedom to do so and I pray some what different it my way of following God.this is a Essense of Real hindutva Prescribed in vedenta
Actually vedanta itself is not a single philosophy, there iare at least ten schools of vedantic philosophy. What you described might be dwaita vedanta, or dualism. Advaita vedanta on the other hand asserts that god and everything else are part of the same reality, or non-dualism. "Aham Brahmasmi".

no actually i was talking about those 80% who call themselves Hindus. I bet vast majority of them would be atheist or agnostic who associate themselves with Hindu religion for cultural reason :)
I don't know about that mate, I can't really speak for India but being born in the UK I can say that the majority of Hindus here do believe in a God be it in different forms.
For example, Gujaratis follow Krishna, Tamils follow Murugan, Punjabi Hindus vary in who they follow.
I myself just believe in one formless God who can go by the name of Brahma. :)
That's just my experience, I'm sure yours might be different.

Most definitely not. India is a very religious country, and msot people are very much believers in a god. The percentage of atheists is very very low (but growing).

Well, the adam and eve story doesn't really withstand scientific scrutiny. Humans evolved from homo erectus.

For the second part of your post, I know it must be confusing to people who are schooled in the abrahamic faiths. Religion is a very different affair in the eastern religions. There are no single hindu rituals or customs. A hindu in Rajastan will have very different customs and rituals from a hindu in Kerala or Tamil Nadu.

It's not like there is one central book or dogma, like the quran or talmud. There is no single authority or practice. "Hinduism" was a term invented by the British, there is no "who is a hindu" and who is not. The hindu scriptures are all addressed to people in general, and you wont find the word "hindu" in any of them.
We are talking about religion and science dont approve beliefs of any religion whether its Hinduism or Abraham religion

secondly if there is no word Hindu or no definition of Hindu(religious definition not geographical ) then why 80 percent identify themselves with hindu religion and rest 20 percent did not ..then they all should be Hindu as per hindu scriptures and no need to gather such data

Well ye mate there Sanatnis,vaishnav,shivaism sub sects in hinduism

Most definitely not. India is a very religious country, and msot people are very much believers in a god. The percentage of atheists is very very low (but growing).
well almost every second Indian on this forum claim to be atheist or agnostic whenever there is debate between religion or science..may be they say one thing and do practice another

We are talking about religion and science dont approve beliefs of any religion whether its Hinduism or Abraham religion

secondly if there is no word Hindu or no definition of Hindu(religious not geographical ) then why 80 percent identify themselves with hindu religion and rest 20 percent did not ..then they all should be Hindu as per hindu scriptures and no need to gather such data
As I said, that is a recent classification. It was only in the past couple of centuries that "hindu" got classified as a religion.

There is need to gather data, for social purposes. They are not done for theological discussions, but so that we can know what is happening in each community, what issues they have and so on.

well almost every second Indian on this forum claim to be atheist or agnostic whenever there is debate between religion or science..may be they say one thing and do practice another
This forum is not representative of the country, not by a long shot. The percentage of atheists in India is far less than the percentage of Indian atheists on the forum.

Actually vedanta itself is not a single philosophy, there iare at least ten schools of vedantic philosophy. What you described might be dwaita vedanta, or dualism. Advaita vedanta on the other hand asserts that god and everything else are part of the same reality, or non-dualism. "Aham Brahmasmi".
Yeah it is well I am trying guide him in simple terms.As he never Read about vivekananda Vedenta philosophy

this forum is not representative of the country, not by a long shot. The percentage of atheists in India is far less than the percentage of Indian atheists on the forum.

It don't make any difference because they are still Hindu(the way you guys interpreted it) even if they are atheist/agnostic or even if they deny the existence of an omnipotent deity and karma ,reincarnation, Hindu Gods/Goddess etc :)

It don't make any difference because they are still Hindu(the way you guys interpreted it) even if they are atheist/agnostic or even if they deny the existence of an omnipotent deity and karma ,reincarnation, Hindu Gods/Goddess etc :)
I never posted that lol?:what:

We are a secular democracy. So this is just pointless argument

Don't go by forum responses. India is a very religious country. Even GOI most of the time will conduct puja in all ground breaking ceremonies, follow Vaastu in constructions or placing machinery etc. It may not be in metros, the government employees in towns and village levels have Gods pics in their work places and do prayers before they start their day. Even ISRO chairman visits Tirupati before every major event.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom