What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discuss the topic, not Hinduism or anything else.

Suspensions follow after this.

:what::what: the cartoons are based on HINDU Mythology or in other words that the hindus follow. it is also strange if we even question or debate the mythology as something that is only epic and not reality

So tell me how to avoid mentioning that ??????????

First of all These cartoons don't preach Hinduism but they teach morals and if you dont want to watch it then switch off your TV channel.. If u r really offended and feel insecure coz of just a cartoon Then why to cry on holland islamophobic vote or a france burkha ban?be tolerant ur self first

Mr.T-FAZ,i hope suspension is eligible on Elite members...

Sure Mr wise what did you find offensive in this post

"Arihant let me explain it again and please do go back and read the earlier pages.

It has nothing to do with offensive or defensive or conversion to other religion. My point is WHY make cartoons on religious basis for the kids in the first place ????????????

Why you needed to force down religious teachings through cartoons on small kids ??

I would oppose even if they make cartoons with mullah characters thats not needed at this age.

for studying religion and religious texts they have institutions to be enrolled at a right time and for basics they have their parents to teach them."

Why block the channel or change it? Because parents have a right to control their childrens programming and if they feel a program is inappropriate then they have the right to not let their children view it.

If you are talking about contents that are inappropriate ethically or from the point of view of law, I agree. But in all other cases, if you exhort this thinking, then it is promoting intolerance. Then it is no different from the government thrusting upon you what you cannot do. Even with children, you must give them their freedom.

First of all These cartoons don't preach Hinduism but they teach morals and if you dont want to watch it then switch off your TV channel.. If u r really offended and feel insecure coz of just a cartoon Then why to cry on holland islamophobic vote or a france burkha ban?be tolerant ur self first

1. Surely we can switch but why to take pain when we can altogether get rid of it which is not appropriate for kids in the first place.

2. It depends on the Govt to take decision just like they took legally in case of banning all those channels which have no landing rights.

3. As far as France and Holland's and others' Islamophobia is concerned, they have claimed to be SECULAR nations and such steps do not conformed with secular claims . Thats why the question mark

Mr.T-FAZ,i hope suspension is eligible on Elite members...

:what::what: the cartoons are based on HINDU Mythology or in other words that the hindus follow. it is also strange if we even question or debate the mythology as something that is only epic and not reality

So tell me how to avoid mentioning that ??????????

I was referring to the broader topic on Hinduism being touched upon by posters not when it is being discussed in context with the topic at hand.

My point is WHY make cartoons on religious basis for the kids in the first place ????????????

Cartoon Network is a private channel based out of United States. Indian Government doesn't make serials for cartoon network.
Secondly and more importantly it sells. Theres a demand for it therefore it is produced. Its something called economics.

Why you needed to force down religious teachings through cartoons on small kids ??

Who is forcing it down, you are just too paranoid thinking that. Kids watch it if they like it, nobody indoctrinates them using cartoons.

I would oppose even if they make cartoons with mullah characters thats not needed at this age.

Your opposition does not matter, if it sells it would be shown, at least here government isn't paranoid to ban religious channels and programs.

Firstly, cartoons aren't teaching bigotry. They'd be teaching bigotry if they show murder of muslims or any other such thing. I don't see how they teach anything other than mythology combined with the virtues associated with those stories.

Secondly, and more importantly, banning is always despotic and fascist. It is knee-jerk reactionary, serves no positive purpose and is merely controlling the lives of people.

Why shouldn't parents be the ones who control what cartoons children are seeing? Are they too damn lazy to check what their children are seeing? Or are they incompetent, unworthy and uninterested to check what their kids are upto? Or are that kids of this age sneaking around to watch these cartoons surprising their parents? It is not the state's job to determine what you see on television. Parents should act as the censors in this regard, not the state.

Create your own rival series so that people can listen to your own fiction and hagiography. Until then, let parents do what they are supposed to do. State should not intervene in these matters.

I have no qualms (frankly have some qualms) with parents controlling what their kids watch and perfectly fine if they choose to restrict their kids from watching hindu mythology cartoons.

I cannot in any way support state taking action in this regard. It is not the state's job nor its purview. This is infiltration in the lives of citizens. This is despotic and fascist and not different from banning books that are rival to state sponsored ideology or popular citizen views. Controlling mass media and literature is fascist. I repeated this last time we discussed banning Indian channels as well. I genuinely hate Star Plus and the likes but cannot support banning them. State should not interfere in these matters.

Banning anything is Fascist. No debate.

Thanks. When I said the same thing about the Indian govt. having no right to ban Pakistani channels in Kashmir - I was called a left wing radical and anti-national. The saddest thing in our 2 countries is - people think that banning is a solution. Free flow of information is a must in any society - if peoples of our nations understood that, we would have a lot less problems. What really annoys me is that people like Raj Thackeray and even that crazy Pakistani fellow with the red monkey cap get away with spewing hate in the name of freedom of expression while people talk of banning news channels and cartoons. If it were not true, it would be freakin' hilarious.

As a rule Religious discussion is not allowed here on the forum for some good reasons then how come you guys support Religious cartoons for the kids in an entire Country that too which has been separated from you on the basis of religious practices

For the same reason NO religious cartoon should be there for kids be it hindu, muslim or christian for heaven's sake.

:cheers: end of the topic.

lets wait for the govt what it says. I support this ban and if Indians can come up with some good non-religious cartoons like anything on Ashoka then please you are welcomed i would support that.

Yeh that why Hindu fanatics have blocked her way to becoming PM ;)

The Hindu epics are full of violence itself

They dont need to ask for going in front of Tvs they already have a walking mandir in their houses, outside their houses almost on every other road you can see.

anyway India is purely religious country and its media is more religious than anyone.

Yeh thank god i am saved from believing that we are evolved out of apes bwahahahaha

You have spoiled your own kids already i have NO issue if you try spoil our kids as Sonia gandhi once was boasting about invading Pakistan by spreading Hindu culture but in between she forgot that Hindus of India have already lost their own culture to western one.

On the other hand i dont see Indian religious cartoons as quality entertainment.

Yes we failed to have our own entertainment for the kids but there are more good choices to choose good entertainment programs for our kids from Hollywood than going fro Religious crap from India.

ahh benny dont get me started at how Indians poke at other religions.

:rofl::rofl: yeh anyone who questions Hinduim or even freemasons become insane for some people.

:rofl: cartoonifying lolzz its not about cartoonifying. hinduism has been taught through these ways since long its another thing now technology has replaced stones and deities.

Just explain to me what is the need for having hunuman cartoons for kids??????????????????

The BOTTOM LINE Is ban these cartoons which are aimed at spreading religious thoughts and not entertaining Children.

I am sure you will not like to end up listening to a negative remark about your god hunuman from a non-Hindu kid watching the cartoon

When we convert to hinduism we might come up with animated gods for kids till then we reserve the right to keep them away from religious bigotry being taught by these cartoons

Janaji. What you said about doesn't match with your recent comment.

It has nothing to do with offensive or defensive or conversion to other religion. My point is WHY make cartoons on religious basis for the kids in the first place ????????????

1. Surely we can switch but why to take pain when we can altogether get rid of it which is not appropriate for kids in the first place.
Are only cartoons based on Hindu mythology not suitable for kids or cartoons based on any mythology??

If then why are cartoons based on greek mythology not banned ??

ie.
disneyhercules.gif

3. As far as France and Holland's and others' Islamophobia is concerned, they have claimed to be SECULAR nations and such steps do not conformed with secular claims . Thats why the question mark

you can hardly deserve to question them, when you are not secular yourselves ..

You can hardly question their secularity!!...and if you do nobody will take you seriously.

fir

As a rule Religious discussion is not allowed here on the forum for some good reasons then how come you guys support Religious cartoons for the kids in an entire Country that too which has been separated from you on the basis of religious practices

For the same reason NO religious cartoon should be there for kids be it hindu, muslim or christian for heaven's sake.

Thats your viewpoint and you and your kids are welcome to it, but if you start forcing it down my throat, thats called intolerance and bigotry, nothing to do with Hindus, Muslims or Christians.

BTW why are you so afraid that cartoons will destroy your religion... most of them seem nonsensical once you grow up anyways.

If you are talking about contents that are inappropriate ethically or from the point of view of law, I agree. But in all other cases, if you exhort this thinking, then it is promoting intolerance. Then it is no different from the government thrusting upon you what you cannot do. Even with children, you must give them their freedom.
Children only get as much freedom as their parents are willing to give them, and that is fact in Pakistan as much as in the rest of the world. That is why here is the US cable providers in fact themselves advertise program blocking features for parents.

For parents to utilize that feature, and what their children can and cannot view, is essential and their right as parents. The State has no business determining what TV programs parents should or should not allow their children to watch.

Someone has crossed the Height of Bs today.

Sonia Gandhi ? 1993 ? Hindu?

Take a break lady.

its PAKEEZ v/s Jana (Pakeez-no offence all Indians ,Pakistani & Bd's are called Pakeez) :lol:

Children only get as much freedom as their parents are willing to give them, and that is fact in Pakistan as much as in the rest of the world. That is why here is the US cable providers in fact themselves advertise program blocking features for parents.

For parents to utilize that feature, and what their children can and cannot view, is essential and their right as parents. The State has no business determining what TV programs parents should or should not allow their children to watch.

Absolutely agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom