What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Children only get as much freedom as their parents are willing to give them, and that is fact in Pakistan as much as in the rest of the world. That is why here is the US cable providers in fact themselves advertise program blocking features for parents.

For parents to utilize that feature, and what their children can and cannot view, is essential and their right as parents. The State has no business determining what TV programs parents should or should not allow their children to watch.

I did not meant with respect to what state should do or not. I am only speaking in a general way, that parents should not restrict sources of information/knowledge for their children, and the society in turn, should encourage all parents to be so much liberal to the least.

Of course, what parents want their children to see should be up to them, and I am not advocating their this right to be taken away.

. After all i do not see anything positive thing our kids gonna get from what ramyana narrates neither i see anything positive our kids going to learn by watching what hunuman as god.

A pity then for you that so many people across many different countries don't agree with you.

[video=metacafe;1776925/khon_the_classical_thai_mask_dance_ramakian/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1776925/khon_the_classical_thai_mask_dance_ramakian/[/video]
Thailand

- CambodiaThe Cambodian Royal Classical Ballet performing in France.

Laos

Burma

Bali, Indonesia

Last edited by a moderator:
The Arabian Nights are very popular in India. After the release of Aladdin and Prince of Persia, people flocked to the theaters and to their PlayStations - not to a mosque to convert. Jesus F. Christ - talk about wrong priorities.

Originally Posted by Jana
. After all i do not see anything positive thing our kids gonna get from what ramyana narrates neither i see anything positive our kids going to learn by watching what hunuman as god.

but King Dasaradha (Lord Ram's Dad) had 3 wifes(ie 4 max -1)..at least this should amuse u.. :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

The Arabian Nights are very popular in India. After the release of Aladdin and Prince of Persia, people flocked to the theaters and to their PlayStations - not to a mosque to convert. Jesus F. Christ - talk about wrong priorities.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This calls for the anti flame police (i.e. Mods)!

but King Dasaradha (Lord Ram's Dad) had 3 wifes(ie 4 max -1)..at least this should amuse u.. :lol:

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Islam and Hinduism are pretty much opposite and I don't agree with mixing hindu beliefs into our culture... I think we have a bit to much of it in Pakistan already. Kids don't need to watch more of this!

Keep it up Mr. Jana. One day the flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames will die down :flame:

Islam and Hinduism are pretty much opposite and I don't agree with mixing hindu beliefs into our culture... I think we have a bit to much of it in Pakistan already. Kids don't need to watch more of this!

Keep it up Mr. Jana. One day the flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames will die down :flame:

Yes, indeed its ways are totally different or say opposite but still morale remains same.

Iranians are proud Muslims but they are also proud of their Persian roots and the fables like Rustom and Sohrab. If only Pakistan had followed the Iranian example rather than the Saudi one - you guys would have been much more respected and liked in the comity of nations.

Yeh that why Hindu fanatics have blocked her way to becoming PM ;)

Get your facts right lady. The problem was not with her religion, but with her nationality. She was of Italian origin. her Indian citizenship is not by birth.

And made a Sikh the PM instead..;) ;)

BTW the reason given by bjp for opposition of her being P.M was not christianity but foreign origin. however that reason was also wrong but congress didn't want to give an issue to bjp.

Thats your viewpoint and you and your kids are welcome to it, but if you start forcing it down my throat, thats called intolerance and bigotry, nothing to do with Hindus, Muslims or Christians.

BTW why are you so afraid that cartoons will destroy your religion... most of them seem nonsensical once you grow up anyways.

Sure when i get married and have kids i wont be feeding them atleast cartoons based on hindu religious myths for after all if we had to teach hinduism to our kids then what was the use to have a separate homeland. Why cable networks should be forcing these down our throats.

and so much so for your neutral stance i have hardly seen any Indian condemning the Church burning Quran. :tdown: so much so for your debate against "bigotry"

Get your facts right lady. The problem was not with her religion, but with her nationality. She was of Italian origin. her Indian citizenship is not by birth.

Yeh i know that. Do go and ask Indians for their opinion they still blame her for missionaries missions in India.

anyway thats another debate.

Yeh i know that. Do go and ask Indians for their opinion they still blame her for missionaries missions in India.

anyway thats another debate.

Are you talking about a few people in a party called BJP and twisting the words for ur convenience as "Indians"..

How pathetic.

Sure when i get married and have kids i wont be feeding them atleast cartoons based on hindu religious myths for after all if we had to teach hinduism to our kids then what was the use to have a separate homeland. Why cable networks should be forcing these down our throats.

and so much so for your neutral stance i have hardly seen any Indian condemning the Church burning Quran. :tdown: so much so for your debate against "bigotry"

Sure, We are not forcing you. You may feed them with your Precious knowledge of "Hindu Orange Media", "Hindu fanatics" and other Hindu retaliated feelings which you posses rather than teaching them moral and values of all other religion.

And dont tell me that you separated from us because of religion that was purely political. Islam does not allow any separate country based on religion. This has been discussed many times and you faced them same from other forum. That is for another discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom