What's new

Hindu Mythology cartoons maybe banned in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are debating as if its just only 1 channel there in Pakistan and haven't heard about the innovation called "Remote Control".

With 100+ channels to choose from ranging from music, news, entertainment, science etc.. they talk as if kids are glued to "Hindu Cartoons".

And i am so disappointed with the bi-gotten one who is constantly attacking the other religion even though its not my religion. But proud that Indian members are not retaliating it with same coin, because its a different territory and its unapt and unnecessary .

Yes they have right to think for themselves.....

You should not think for them......

As Its stupid and will derail the thread.....So please spare us.

again advocating for a closed off mentality where no one can question things, everyone has to take every fed thing to them just as it is.

the European Renaissance occurred only after they started questioning the Church.

Before that Galileo was threatened by the Church to take back his study of Earth's revolution around the sun.

look at us! we are oppressing our own free thoughts. even if i question something, it is only with the intention of enlightenment, and my own asian ppl are trying to oppress this.

such a sad state. how will we have our Renaissance if we dont question everything fed to us without any solid evidence.

I know they outnumbered them and we consider it a shirk simple and straight

I don't want to get into this horrific debate, but a large percentage of Pakistanis do not think it is "shirk". Barelvis encourage it, the biggest Sunni maslik in Pakistan. Stop imposing your Deobandi/Ahl-e-Hadith views on other people, I'd say.

This is what the right wing nutjobs do. 20% of people declaring rest of 80% as doing shirk, not "pure" muslims, mushrik, munafiq, kafir, etc (depending on level of latent extremism)

Do not start "we" when you are in the minority.

then dont watch it if you do not like it. Simple. Why stop others who want to watch and have good entertainment and alongwith have their kids watch something that teaches good values(as aganst violence filled cartoons).

a 5-year-old or a 4 years old kid also wants to touch the burning coals now parents can not let him do simply because he wants to.

As far as those adults who want to watch these hindu mythology cartoons they can and there are far more ways to do that. simply brows the net and get. but why would they watch cartoons why to not watch some good English movie :pop:

BTW you can post these cartoons here we all are grown ups we can watch on forum

Ashoka was not a god so dont twist the facts. You can show cartoons based on characters of your kings i have no issue with that be them hindu, muslim or budhists.

Just explain to me what is the need for having hunuman cartoons for kids??????????????????

As far as sai baba is concerned you have altered even that character and made his idols and worshiping it.

Sorry we do not buy any idol worshiping of even a Muslim.

The BOTTOM LINE Is ban these cartoons which are aimed at spreading religious thoughts and not entertaining Children.

I am sure you will not like to end up listening to a negative remark about your god hunuman from a non-Hindu kid watching the cartoon because these days kids are very sharp and can question the worshiping of snakes and so on as well.

Frankly I don't believe in God so I don't care whether you abuse Hanuman or not. Some times I myself make fun of mythological characters with my some religious friends (as a joke) but no body tries to kill me or abuse me. So I am not preaching here but just want to say that we have programs on all religions but Hindus are majority and ancient India was civilization of Hindus hence program on hindu mythology is greater in number. I have seen all these programs but I don't believe in truthfulness of these stories but I do believe usefulness of these stories to teach moral values.

I don't want to get into this horrific debate, but a large percentage of Pakistanis do not think it is "shirk". Barelvis encourage it, the biggest Sunni maslik in Pakistan. Stop imposing your Deobandi/Ahl-e-Hadith views on other people, I'd say.

This is what the right wing nutjobs do. 20% of people declaring rest of 80% as doing shirk, not "pure" muslims, mushrik, munafiq, kafir, etc (depending on level of latent extremism)

Do not start "we" when you are in the minority.

lolzzz why you try to portray "we" neo liberal nutjobs also are not far behind anyway i am talking about Islamic teachings and not what majority of minority thinks.

worshiping dargahs is a shirk simple and straight.

Now we can come back to hindu cartoons ;)

It is freaking funny the people are supporting this stupid move of Punjab Gov the Gov whose ministers openly talk about their links to sectarian groups, At one side Pakistanis can't tolerate a few cartoons & at the same time all of these faithfuls scream when Europeans ban Burqa

Hypocrisy at its best!!

Who gave you right to declare it shirk, can't you just keep your Shirk wirk to yourselves & keep your hate regarding those 'grave worshipers' aside

a 5-year-old or a 4 years old kid also wants to touch the burning coals now parents can not let him do simply because he wants to.

Ok grown up one.. Lol

Here is one for you.. Hey and you can choose not to watch it..

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as those adults who want to watch these hindu mythology cartoons they can and there are far more ways to do that. simply brows the net and get. but why would they watch cartoons why to not watch some good English movie :pop:

JanaJee watching English movies for kids ? :no:

:lol: as if Cartoons are "adult grade.:no:

1. Please first do come up clearly on this cartoon issue if you think its for teaching hinduism or entertainment ???

If its for teaching hinduism and hindu mythology then only only then i can be able to reply your question.

2. can you please also oppose ban in cow slaughter and sale of cow meat in New Dehli on the same pretext of supporting minorities ?? I can understand that Hindus do not eat cow meat but Muslims do so why to ban it in Dehli ? What about Muslim minorities ?

Muslims eat cow in every place in India. In my town they are extreme minority but there are beef shop here in muslim locality.

Or you can watch this..

PS: Chinese wont mind it.

Last edited by a moderator:

but the parents are there to oversee it. If the parents dont have any issue then why others are making issues, and many people would infact have no problem with it, it is just minority or few handful of ppl who can see eveil in cartoons even.:D

as opposed to a cartoon that teaches good values,
is it fair for a 4-5 year old kid to see star world/star movies. ban that also. Is it fair for him to see elders smoke/drink. Ban smoking and drinking also.

Exactly. The Barelvi maslik is in decline and Pakistani Muslims are moving towards orthodox Islam. On a personal note, my family also technically belong to Barelvi maslik and we are now much closer to Deobandis. Even in Bareilly where this maslik is based is losing its followers to Deobandis. The following article about Hindu-Muslim riots in Bareilly in March 2010 clearly indicates that Barelvis are desperate about losing their members to Deobandis.

www.outlookindia.com | Bareilly Burns Amid Barelwi Triumph

and Janajee wants to get things from internet..what happens when an innocent kid innocently clicks certain links in TOI :lol:

Frankly I don't believe in God so I don't care whether you abuse Hanuman or not. Some times I myself make fun of mythological characters with my some religious friends (as a joke) but no body tries to kill me or abuse me. So I am not preaching here but just want to say that we have programs on all religions but Hindus are majority and ancient India was civilization of Hindus hence program on hindu mythology is greater in number. I have seen all these programs but I don't believe in truthfulness of these stories but I do believe usefulness of these stories to teach moral values.

Truth or its falls its another matter i am simply questioning the wisdom of preaching religion to kids through cartoons and at the same time denying that you are preaching religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom