What's new

Hindi and Urdu words learning thread.

Dunno where you heard it. Sounds like rural/ rustic Hindi (spoken in Bihar).

Could be :

Kya Dekhat Hai - what are you looking at?

Kya Dikhat Hai? - what are you showing? :partay:

Ya I found it in a Hindi serial called Pratigya in Star Plus. The story is set in Allahabad where the families are quite old-fashioned.

guys anyway that i can write Urdu script on PDF.
you can use google transliteration.
Windows already have some input method(I don't use windows anyways)
Urdu Phonetic Keyboard Layout v1.0  for Windows

In Linux ,SCIM,iBus and ttf-paktype fonts for Urdu.

These are all Phonetic Keymaps.Where by If you want to Type Bharat ,You will have to type "Bhaarat".the term is "transliteration".it's easy.

this is a sample I tried(Salaam ) using inputmethod.
سالاام

Last edited:
Ya I found it in a Hindi serial called Pratigya in Star Plus. The story is set in Allahabad where the families are quite old-fashioned.

I advice you to learn Urdu first. Learn original instead of half duplicate. :D

guys i have found a very good link.You can type Roman Urdu as you do in phones and even hindi and it will convert it into Urdu script.

Type in Urdu

دوستوں مجھے ایک بھت اچھا لینک ملا ھے جس سے اپ لوگ ھندی یا رومن اردو مے ٹاءپ کرے تہ وہ
اپ کو اردو سکرپٹ مے ملے گا ۔

you can use google transliteration.
Windows already have some input method(I don't use windows anyways)
Urdu Phonetic Keyboard Layout v1.0* for Windows

In Linux ,SCIM,iBus and ttf-paktype fonts for Urdu.

These are all Phonetic Keymaps.Where by If you want to Type Bharat ,You will have to type "Bhaarat".the term is "transliteration".it's easy.

this is a sample I tried(Salaam ) using inputmethod.
سالاام

Yar i have alraedy tried this method the problem is there is no when you try to add language in Window XP there is simply no option of urdu.

guys i have found a very good link.You can type Roman Urdu as you do in phones and even hindi and it will convert it into Urdu script.

Type in Urdu

دوستوں مجھے ایک بھت اچھا لینک ملا ھے جس سے اپ لوگ ھندی یا رومن اردو مے ٹاءپ کرے تہ وہ
اپ کو اردو سکرپٹ مے ملے گا ۔

i use

Urdu Keyboard

Its a same keyboard i guess.......... but white colour looks better

Back
Top Bottom