What's new

Hilsa is back on dining table of common man

His Assamese sis. :D

I have no idea why guys here persuade me to be a non-vegetarian. :girl_wacko:
@nair has also been trying it for some time now.Lolz

But isnt it cool to be a vegetarian??
World over this trend has caught on but dont know why more and more Indians are turning into non vegetarians???

@Indischer
I heard long back brahmins used to eat non-veg. (Have I asked you this doubt earlier?? )

no it is not cool to be a vegeteriarn.. especially if u r a bong..u simply are truely missing out on the bong pleasures of life. don't eat too much red meat but eggs, fish are very healthy. i think all children should be fed beef and pork and fish and eggs once they are 3 years old. the veg bug and the moral/ethical question once u develop morality or ethics of ur own.

beef isn't suited for india just because we don't raise cattle for meat. we should.

World over this trend has caught on but dont know why more and more Indians are turning into non vegetarians???

@Indischer
I heard long back brahmins used to eat non-veg. (Have I asked you this doubt earlier?? )
its not cool to be vegetarian... vegetarians feel they are morally superior for no good reason.
I agree, people in west need to have more vegetable in their diet because they consume a lot of red meat (not enough fish though)...
vegan/vegetarianism will remain a fad in west..
however people in India should have more fish, egg and meat in their diet compared to current level.

@Indischer

There's still a huge debate over whether the older Hindu texts hint at Brahmins consuming meat or not. I'm inclined to believe that depending on geography(which dictated availability of food), Brahmin groups would conveniently consume flesh or altogether refrain from it.

Even within Karnataka, the Gaud Saraswat Brahmins all eat fish. It's a staple part of their diet. Most also consume chicken on occasions. But non-veg is still a complete taboo in my community. I guess the inconsistencies are a direct result of abundance of food(or lack thereof) at a particular region. Similarly, Nepali Brahmins consume mutton to this day. No Brahmin group from the south indulges in that.

how much is hilsa going for a kilo in CR park market ? Any idea ? I want to know chandpur Ileesh's price ! Here in bangalore no hilsa !

Eating Non veg will make your brain cells work little more efficiently than now.....Go to marin's corner and order some nice fish dishes......

no it is not cool to be a vegeteriarn.. especially if u r a bong..u simply are truely missing out on the bong pleasures of life. don't eat too much red meat but eggs, fish are very healthy. i think all children should be fed beef and pork and fish and eggs once they are 3 years old. the veg bug and the moral/ethical question once u develop morality or ethics of ur own.

beef isn't suited for india just because we don't raise cattle for meat. we should.
its not cool to be vegetarian... vegetarians feel they are morally superior for no good reason.
I agree, people in west need to have more vegetable in their diet because they consume a lot of red meat (not enough fish though)...
vegan/vegetarianism will remain a fad in west..
however people in India should have more fish, egg and meat in their diet compared to current level.
Misinformed men!!!
Lolzz
Why do you forget that vegetarians have a lower risk of dying from any cause compared to non-vegetarians.....more so in men.
I understand that some region like the coastal areas and places with extreme winters compel ppl living there to include non veg in their diet.
Also its a well known fact that human digestion system assimilates nutrients better from the plants.

@hinduguy
Its not about vegetarian food being superior to non veg. Veg food increases life expectancy is what most of the studies show.

I am not against non-vegetarians but to those who demand non-veg on daily basis should include more fibrous /vegetarian food in their diet.

Eating Non veg will make your brain cells work little more efficiently than now.....Go to marin's corner and order some nice fish dishes......
Some fishes (like mackerel) have high level of mercury in them and that reduces the brains efficiency.:p:

someone i know perhaps:whistle:
Does she know you???
Lolzzz

Last edited:
Misinformed men!!!
Lolzz
Why do you forget that vegetarians have a lower risk of dying from any cause compared to non-vegetarians.....more so in men.
I understand that some region like the coastal areas and places with extreme winters compel ppl living there to include non veg in their diet.
Also its a well known fact that human digestion system assimilates nutrients better from the plants.

@hinduguy
Its not about vegetarian food being superior to non veg. Veg food increases life expectancy is what most of the studies show.

I am not against non-vegetarians but to those who demand non-veg on daily basis should include more fibrous /vegetarian food in their diet.

Some fishes (like mackerel) have high level of mercury in them and that reduces the brains efficiency.:p:
whats the point of a life which doesn't include non veg hmm ??? lol..

Dont eat ayala.... Eat Mathi...... Btw have any idea withat this hilsa fish

There's still a huge debate over whether the older Hindu texts hint at Brahmins consuming meat or not. I'm inclined to believe that depending on geography(which dictated availability of food), Brahmin groups would conveniently consume flesh or altogether refrain from it.

Even within Karnataka, the Gaud Saraswat Brahmins all eat fish. It's a staple part of their diet. Most also consume chicken on occasions. But non-veg is still a complete taboo in my community. I guess the inconsistencies are a direct result of abundance of food(or lack thereof) at a particular region. Similarly, Nepali Brahmins consume mutton to this day. No Brahmin group from the south indulges in that.
Yeah you're right I think the south Indian brahmins are more uptight about their vegetarian diet.
whats the point of a life which doesn't include non veg hmm ??? lol..
Accept it that you have run out of arguments. :coffee:
Lolzz
Dont eat ayala.... Eat Mathi...... Btw have any idea withat this hilsa fish
naaah!
All fishes look alike....noohhh? :girl_wacko:Kidding!!
Serioulsy no idea what hilsa is?? King fish?? Ibrahimi??
:lol:
Fishy!!! Very fishy!! :P

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom