What's new

Hillary Clinton makes "unbelievable" F-35 pitch to India

As has been highlighted by some poster in this thread, is it true that if the benchmark prices are less then the quoted price, the deal will simply fall off ? Where is the part we hard bargain ? There has to be some part in the process which take care of the above fact. <_<

As has been highlighted by some poster in this thread, is it true that if the benchmark prices are less then the quoted price, the deal will simply fall off ? Where is the part we hard bargain ? There has to be some part in the process which take care of the above fact. <_<

The point is: Is India able to hard bargain with US Secy of State? I think it is too late in the day for you.

The point is: Is India able to hard bargain with US Secy of State? I think it is too late in the day for you.

India doesnt need to bargain for itself NOW... The condition is US Secy of State is herself coming to India with bargain package and a lot more.... Its INDIA which is not interested....

I was not talking of bargaining with Ms Clinton. I was talking of our MMRCA deal with Rafael/ EF Typhoon.

Bankrupt americans trying to rip off Indians, who can ill afford these weapons.

MMRCA deal = $ 20bn
FGFA deal = $35bn
Submarine Deal = $12bn
AMCA + LCA = $2bn ( initial investment )
GSLV MK3 = $2bn
Indian GPS equivalent = $1bn (for a start)
Hypersonic CM = $1bn

Now please qualify your ill-afford argument first or stop your trolling.

The Americans are far from bankrupt, there is a reason that no one is panicking too much about recent US financial news- America remains the most powerful and trusted economy in the world, by far. Anyway that is neither here nor there.

Now can you please explain why India cant afford the MMRCA? India has the FOURTH largest economy in the world but only spends 2.4% of her GDP, this is not an excessive proportion, in fact it rather on the conservative side compared to its neighbours and adversaries.

The Americans are far from bankrupt, there is a reason that no one is panicking too much about recent US financial news- America remains the most powerful and trusted economy in the world, by far. Anyway that is neither here nor there.

Now can you please explain why India cant afford the MMRCA? India has the FOURTH largest economy in the world but only spends 2.4% of her GDP, this is not an excessive proportion, in fact it rather on the conservative side compared to its neighbours and adversaries.

But they are bankrupt where have you been. Various credit agencies downgraded them today. china is suggesting alternatives to the US dollar as a reserve currency. what more do you want?

But they are bankrupt where have you been. Various credit agencies downgraded them today. china is suggesting alternatives to the US dollar as a reserve currency. what more do you want?

Dude, please dont just read the headlines and reach some conclusion. Their credit rating has been downgraded to AA+ from AAA. Do you have any idea how many countries have that rating at present. ( We all can google and know. anyways..) And it the S&P who reduced it. The other two major rating agencies haven't reduced.

Also, the prices of US treasury bonds haven't fallen. This only means that American debt is still the most safest bet and we all can be sure that china would continue to fund american debt for quite some time in the future. This is only indicative of american economy far from being bankrupt. As far as China calling for alternate currency is concerned , google it. Their over investment(~ $2.5 Trillion ) in american debt have made them susceptible to crash of dollar. China would be the last country on earth who would like the dollar to crash.

Dude, please dont just read the headlines and reach some conclusion. Their credit rating has been downgraded to AA+ from AAA. Do you have any idea how many countries have that rating at present. ( We all can google and know. anyways..) And it the S&P who reduced it. The other two major rating agencies haven't reduced.

Also, the prices of US treasury bonds haven't fallen. This only means that American debt is still the most safest bet and we all can be sure that china would continue to fund american debt for quite some time in the future. This is only indicative of american economy far from being bankrupt. As far as China calling for alternate currency is concerned , google it. Their over investment(~ $2.5 Trillion ) in american debt have made them susceptible to crash of dollar. China would be the last country on earth who would like the dollar to crash.

I worked in stockbroking and banking in city of london. I know what they are doing and that is that they are printing money. No country has done this and survived. Its only a matter of time. If you look at some of my and other peoples earlier posts we have been predicting for some time that aaa rating will go and eventually us dollar reserve currency status will end and US will be stuffed

I worked in stockbroking and banking in city of london. I know what they are doing and that is that they are printing money. No country has done this and survived. Its only a matter of time. If you look at some of my and other peoples earlier posts we have been predicting for some time that aaa rating will go and eventually us dollar reserve currency status will end and US will be stuffed

As long as countries like China/Russia and Middle eastern countries continue to purchase Treasury bonds things wont be much different from present.
I dont see dollar's reserve currency status would end anytime soon simply because there is no other currency to take its place.
A soln. can be a new currency but it has to be unanimously accepted by all the top 20 economies atleast to come to existence which I dont think will happen in coming decades.

Well then Other countries are also unable to find any serious solutions isn't it? Technically the biggest victim of a US collapse would be your big brother as it has maximum of US reserves on this planet. It will practically drown the entire world.

But the alternative is also very difficult. Let's see:

- Euro

It is weakening. The whole concept of Euro is collapsing with Greece and Mediterranean economies becoming endless wells for money, UK facing terrible situation and only France and Germany holding the union together. It won't survive the next decade is this continues.

-Ruble

Very less global reserves. Is nowhere its Soviet era times' value and not a lot of countries have stacked these up.

-Yen

With Japanese strict laws on their currency, it is impossible to use them. Even if that was possible, considering the spiraling spree Japanese are in right now, it would be a global suicide.

-Renmibi

Same case as Ruble. Slow internationalization, artificial monetary controls to retain cost-effectiveness by CCP and very limited currency reserves globally. Also the chance of not being accepted by majority G20.

-Rupee

We are nowhere that big (in the world's top 5 economies by GDP yet) to allow our currency to become any reserve. Not with $1= INR 45 and an extremely unpredictable fluctuation frequency. Only Nepal and Bhutan use Rupee alongside their local currencies.

So what exact alternative we got? Mind you, we are talking about getting the entire G-20 to propose this massive change. US will do its nut to stop this even if rest agreed. And I don't think Europe is in any position to say no to the Unkil.

By PPP mate.. not by GDP. That makes a huge difference. The day we have $ 6 trillion economy (proportionately higher than the rate of population, which is slowly stabilizing from its sky rocketing rate), that day we could really command the G-8 and influence anyone seriously. But we have a long way to go before that happens.

I don't think the 65 million price tag includes the engine and the avionics.

It is simply an overhype, mate. Come on seriously? US itself has estimated a cost of $ 132 million a piece (last year) and since then, price has overrun twice. If they sold us at that rate, they'd go bankrupt. Besides, they refused us details and techs in platforms that are seeing the last phase of their lives i.e. F-16s and F/A-18 SH; how'd they agree to hand over so much sensitive stuff of JSF to us? Even investing countries were not allowed that and the partners would rip US off even if US agreed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom