What's new

Hijab And Corporate Morality — Orya Maqbool Jan

yes,
for example lets talk about cultural dress
the cultural dress is India is Sari, so Islam allows a Muslim women to wear a Sari, why? because its modest enough, k?
while the Mullahs will be like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, wear the divine gown known as Burka
saree exposes mid section... modesty is subjective to local culture.. exposing legs is more immodest in India..

saree exposes mid section... modesty is subjective to local culture.. exposing legs is more immodest in India..
not all Saris expose mid section
its pretty much used here in Pakistani weddings as well, my relatives wear it, so it doesn't expose the mid section necessarily

He himself is victim of aryan imposed culture on them.
wot?

Dress according to weather and dress according to occasion,or as they say when in Rome do as the Romans do.
I'm not against saree and you know it.
Saree is an elegant dress, and personally I would prefer wearing it on certain occasions ONLY, saree does limit one's physical movement (try wearing one and you'll know), and add to it the of skin show around the waist and the situation exacerbated by deep neck blouses.
This is my personal opinion and how I would prefer dressing, others can dress the way they want to.
I am not specific to saree yaar... Whatever traditional dress one is comfortable with should not shy away from wearing it even in alien society n that's my point not the other thing you mentioned above in your post mam....
I m going to buy the same dress as in my OP for my cousin brother marriage......
N for as romans do in Rome I will share the lines of kumar vishwas which truly express my feeling to my roots...

Har ek khone, har ek pane me teri yaad aati hai
Namak aankho me ghul jaane me teri yaad aati hai.
Teri amrit bhari leheron ko kya maloom Ganga Maa..
Samandar paar veerane me teri yaad aati hai....

I thought some one will post Hijab wearing ladies pics in this thread !

did you mean these...

national-defense-volunteer-girls.jpg

2ebcb5df431e9c99ae2c083783e00bb2.jpg

and sadly also, the "hijab" scarfs are getting bigger and the clothes bulkier...

BICmtWkaoxZ6cbxYt-yedowDW6G384KqZWizJO7N2l1N-egZKg4sHOwitbyIn3avIJuF4DWFtSJ2fbPqytiGaFGn=s270-c

14088259501_d0b5922a2a_m.jpg

13904883798_db8690e131_z.jpg

what is this "vedic times"?? when did it start?? has any foreign traveler or merchant recorded coming to "vedic times bharat"??
what is the first date of recording of this??
Please do your home work
Vedic Period - New World Encyclopedia

tell me, has "old india" had any intellectual revolution like the "islamic golden age" or the european renaissance/industrial-revolution or the russian revolution of 1917??

can you show me one one metal mechanical machine from "old india"??

this is a "noria" water-wheel in syria, built hundreds of years ago and still in working condition, though the design is from still older times...

DSCF3377.jpg

so the native indian tribes ( central indian, dravidan and perhaps tibetan ) just welcomed the aryans with open arms and roses and saffron petals??

kancha ilaiah will want to differ with you.

how??
Hundreds of years old Syrian water wheel?
Ha!
This is a thousand year old temple called Tanajavur....this is just one of the examples!!
1.JPG

Just for your Info
1.JPG

Another incident that I would quote would be of anjanta cravings where the evidence of a cotton gin (a machine!!) was found, the pictures of those machines were engraved on the caves.
The problem with India was that it was perpetually under attack, and a lot of its ancient objects and monuments were destroyed by the invaders. For example the world's first university, Nalanda. was burnt down. And who would have known of Ashoka the great till a Britisher accidentally stumbled upon some pillars in Bihar???
Another reason is India’s climate shows little mercy to both manuscripts and monuments, much has therefore been lost over the centuries.
Going by the destruction done by ISIS and Taliban on ancient structures of Iraq and afghan, tomorrow's generation would not know that once upon a time Buddhist monks thrived in Afghan and that Iraq could 've an alternate history.
But then if few want to assume that Indians were a bunch of fools till they were invaded by Ghazni and Ghori then so be it!!!
i always try to be objective, as you can see from my posts on this very thread. :-)
Trust me when I say this... I am gonna record some blessed words and send it across. You're biased!
Your objective thinking and pragmatism goes for a six when we discuss India.

I am not specific to saree yaar... Whatever traditional dress one is comfortable with should not shy away from wearing it even in alien society n that's my point not the other thing you mentioned above in your post mam....
I m going to buy the same dress as in my OP for my cousin brother marriage......
N for as romans do in Rome I will share the lines of kumar vishwas which truly express my feeling to my roots...

Har ek khone, har ek pane me teri yaad aati hai
Namak aankho me ghul jaane me teri yaad aati hai.
Teri amrit bhari leheron ko kya maloom Ganga Maa..
Samandar paar veerane me teri yaad aati hai....
Shy away from traditional dress????
I 've pointed out the issues with sarees, but yes if somebody is comfortable wearing it then I have no issues. We must preserve our tradition, but lets not forget that in this world nothing is permanent except change. The change in dressing sense should not be a surprise.

Last edited:
Both have orders to cover up yes when you follow west what you get is a country like USA where according to there own reports 1 out of 5 women are rape victims. UK government reported more than 80000 rapes last year and every day several cases come up in India. And last but not least you don't know more than GOD simple as that

I read somewhere that it is very difficult to prove rape in Pakistan because of your eyewitness clause. In some cases the victims were imprisoned or arrested for reporting rape.

You remember the Mukthar mai case, who was raped by some 14 people on the orders of the village elders and what did your courts do? After some lengthy trial your courts let all of them free except one. No wonder very few get reported.

Back
Top Bottom