What's new

Hijab And Corporate Morality — Orya Maqbool Jan

Hijab is rare in Pakistan too; perhaps 1 in every 50-80 women wear it ! :undecided:

I don't argue against it; I just think its Arab culture masquerading as Islam.

Most Pakistani women just drape around a dupatta, including pretty much everyone in my family here in the UK. Both hijabs and dupatta do the job, but the latter looks so much nicer.

What's wrong wearing our stuff even in mars ? I never understand the logic of shying away from our traditional attire whether it is in America or India .... Do Americans feels the same way in India as you quoted about Indians in US.....
Sorry I disagree.... Your dress, your style doesn't make a difference yar .... What was Swami Vivekananda wearing in Chicago when he gave that famous speech 130 yrs ago n rest is history for us to learn....
Nothing to feel funny at all n flaunt your values, culture n tradition without any hesitation .....
Dress according to weather and dress according to occasion,or as they say when in Rome do as the Romans do.
I'm not against saree and you know it.
Saree is an elegant dress, and personally I would prefer wearing it on certain occasions ONLY, saree does limit one's physical movement (try wearing one and you'll know), and add to it the of skin show around the waist and the situation exacerbated by deep neck blouses.
This is my personal opinion and how I would prefer dressing, others can dress the way they want to.

Let me tell you that saree is being worn since vedic times,

what is this "vedic times"?? when did it start?? has any foreign traveler or merchant recorded coming to "vedic times bharat"??

back then a singlecloth was wrapped around the whole body and draped over the shoulder. People used to wear the lower garment called paridhana which was pleated in front and used to tie with a belt called mekhala and an upper garment called uttariya(covered like a shawl) which they used to remove during summers.

what is the first date of recording of this??

Jamahir I seriously feel like recording some blessed words and sending it across to you. :angry: Why cant you give credit to India where its due??

i always try to be objective, as you can see from my posts on this very thread. :-)

tell me, has "old india" had any intellectual revolution like the "islamic golden age" or the european renaissance/industrial-revolution or the russian revolution of 1917??

can you show me one one metal mechanical machine from "old india"??

this is a "noria" water-wheel in syria, built hundreds of years ago and still in working condition, though the design is from still older times...

DSCF3377.jpg

Correction:
1. Aryans were NOT europeans they were sheep herders of Iran who had settled in Europe.
2. There was no aryan invasion.

so the native indian tribes ( central indian, dravidan and perhaps tibetan ) just welcomed the aryans with open arms and roses and saffron petals??

kancha ilaiah will want to differ with you.

And why can't we reverse the logic? what if I say Europeans got influenced by Indian way of dressing??

how??

I already told you about Uttariya and how it turned into a saree.

View attachment 213510

View attachment 213511

Seem like aryans first brought sari in to Pakistan, and from there on exported to India.

No, it isn't. If you knew anything about the early history of Islam you'd know how different the religion was to what the jahil barbarians used to do.

Don't take away credit from arabs, its basically arab culture adopted by people they conquered.

let me rephrase, the REAL Islam is
the Islam of Mullahs is not..............
That is very disputed. Are we sure what that is?

That said Islam or in fact any world religion is not entirely adaptable to vey culture. Imagine a Chinese pork loving guy giving up all their native dishes because of his conversion to Islam.
Also traditional French liberal society for example will be at odds as well. Just two examples. No offence.

That is very disputed. Are we sure what that is?

That said Islam or in fact any world religion is not entirely adaptable to vey culture. Imagine a Chinese pork loving guy giving up all their native dishes because of his conversion to Islam.
Also traditional French liberal society for example will be at odds as well. Just two examples. No offence.
ummmm no, I meant that a Pakistani Muslim will be different than an Indian Muslims, and both of them will be different from Saudi Muslims?
get it?
so you retain your cultures along with Islam
eating pork is not part of a culture

Seem like aryans first brought sari in to Pakistan, and from there on exported to India.

Don't take away credit from arabs, its basically arab culture adopted by people they conquered.

Nobody's taking credit away from Arabs. But the millions of Christians in the Arab world + history would just disagree on the notion of Islam and 'Arabic culture' being one and the same. However, if the Arabs have indeed fully adopted Islam then it is understandable why you would say that.

Islam is at its core a set of rules, a guidance, and quite flexible otherwise. You're allowed to do as you please, as long as it doesn't disagree with the Quran and Sunnah. This is where the hijab problem comes in - the actual ruling is simply to cover up. If that can be achieved with a long skirt and a modest shirt to go with it, as an example, then it's all good.

sorry but is buddhism older than classical greece??

ignore that sanghi from kashmir... until a few days ago, his signature was "preparing framework for indian gestapo".
sanghi?

ummmm no, I meant that a Pakistani Muslim will be different than an Indian Muslims, and both of them will be different from Saudi Muslims?
get it?
so you retain your cultures along with Islam
eating pork is not part of a culture
Ok. A part of their culture. They will lose a chunk, but retain some individuality.

Means a member of the Sangh Parivar.

Ok. A part of their culture. They will lose a chunk, but retain some individuality.
yes,
for example lets talk about cultural dress
the cultural dress is India is Sari, so Islam allows a Muslim women to wear a Sari, why? because its modest enough, k?
while the Mullahs will be like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, wear the divine gown known as Burka

Back
Top Bottom