What's new

Highest Mountain in Kargil is in PA Control

Go ahead , wish you good luck but tell me why in Kargil war Indian artillery guns failed ?

Did they fail?

Could you elucidate the failure?

What are the physical criteria for gun employment in High Altitude?

And atmospherics affecting?

dont try that stupidness again, or this time we will repeat 71 on the western border. We were backstabbed, you are lucky we dint pay you back in full.

Is this answer of my question ?

Point 5353 is where the LOC goes and was never a Part of India.... And There was some one who said they can cut off the supply routs, well All you can do is watch Drass-Kargil rout and Highway 1A, Not an Inch more can be done from such an Altitude

Then ,any reason why IA made repeated attempts to capture it?

Then ,any reason why IA made repeated attempts to capture it?

During any conflict, one always tries to improve the 'defensive posture' for the next conflict when it arises, if it does.

In 1971, the Indian Army captured Turtuk and is still in possession of the same.

Why?

Turtuk is the strategic underbelly of Siachen, being sandwiched between the Northern areas of and Aksai Chin/Karakoram frontier on the east. Over two-thirds of the route to Turtuk is the same as that for Siachen. Any Pakistani advance down the Shyok valley would put pressure on the flanks of the Siachen route. Also, Pakistani pressures in the Turtuk sector could have them control over the high altitude Thoise airbase and open up the possibility of establishing a direct axis to Batalik (via Chorbatla) and from there on to Kargil.

Turtuk was captured by the Indian Army in the 1971 war under the leadership of Col Chewang Rinchin.

Did they fail?

Could you elucidate the failure?

What are the physical criteria for gun employment in High Altitude?

And atmospherics affecting?

New Delhi. Despite the increasing obsolescence of artillery guns, mortars and rocket launchers, no contract has so far been concluded for their replacement even though protracted trials of several 155mm howitzers were carried out over the last few years.

..:: India Strategic ::.. Indian Army: Artillery guns for new Weapons

Infact India dont have the capability to recapture Tiger mountain with their present Artillery Guns , already tested and failed in Kargil.

Yet another reason to buy SY-400 :coffee:

New Delhi. Despite the increasing obsolescence of artillery guns, mortars and rocket launchers, no contract has so far been concluded for their replacement even though protracted trials of several 155mm howitzers were carried out over the last few years.

..:: India Strategic ::.. Indian Army: Artillery guns for new Weapons

Infact India dont have the capability to recapture Tiger mountain with their present Artillery Guns , already tested and failed in Kargil.

Let us not give way to flights of fancy charged up by emotional reverie.

You feel that Indian present Arty guns failed?

Then how did they win the war?

I am sure you will concede that it was not by playing marbles.

If it succeeded then, then what could be the rationale it will not succeed now?

What is Gurmet saying?

He is making out a case for 155mms. That is a valid point. It is a better gun than the other guns available. Should India not go for better guns if feasible?

Is that not obvious?

Your contention is like saying that your present car to go to the bazaar is no good unless you have a Cadillac; or else you wont be able to buy vegetables!!

If you have a Cadillac, it is fine, but if you have a car that does not breakdown, it still is fine. After all, you are going to buy vegetables and not going to make a fashion statement!!

Yet another reason to buy SY-400 :coffee:

The CEP of SY 400 has to be known if it is to be effective in mountains.

What do you think would be the size of a post?

Or a peak?

And a SRBM missile does not come cheap.

The CEP of SY 400 has to be known if it is to be effective in mountains.

What do you think would be the size of a post?

Or a peak?

And a SRBM missile does not come cheap.

Correction: Its a guided rocket.

Since we have the terrain advantage , if the hell breaks loose rather than relying on less accurate artillery we shall put SY-400's pin point accuracy and 200kms range advantage to the test to take out designated enemy targets lying low down the ground.

China develops modular long-range rocket system
By Christopher F Foss
5/27/2011

The China National Precision Machinery Import & Export Corporation (CPMIEC) has begun marketing a rocket system that allows an 8x8 mobile launcher to transport and launch a pod of four SY400 400 mm guided rockets and a pod containing one BP-12A 600 mm long-range guided missile.

Standard SY400 systems have two pods each of four rockets while the standard BP-12A system has two pods each of one rocket.

The combination of two rocket systems onto a single platform provides the user with increased mission flexibility as a much wider range of targets can be engaged with precision effect.

Both systems are based on the Wanshan Special Vehicle Company (WSVC) WS 2400 8x8 cross-country chassis, which has a four-door fully enclosed cab at the front. This chassis is already used by China for a number of rocket artillery applications and has a gross vehicle weight of 41 tonnes depending on its application.

The launcher is mounted at the very rear of the chassis, horizontal for travelling and raised to the vertical position for firing.

The SY400 has an overall length of 6.5 m, a body diameter of 400 mm and an air rudder span of 696 mm. It can be fitted with four different warhead types: integral blast fragmentation; integral blast fragmentation combustion; integral fuel air explosive; and anti-armour and anti-personnel blast fragmentation cluster. Each is available in 200 kg or 300 kg versions

http://www..com/products//defence-s...1065929695&channel=defence&subChannel=systems

dont try that stupidness again, or this time we will repeat 71 on the western border. We were backstabbed, you are lucky we dint pay you back in full.

Yes very proud of your achievements are you not, when you send a terrorist organization and interfered into another countries matters. Well then again so you did in Srilanka and so you are trying again in Pakistan. Not every day is a sunday, and not every time you win. Consider your self lucky then it might not be the same again.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Is this answer of my question ?

Nope that was a delusional indians high and mighty brain fart.

You feel that Indian present Arty guns failed?

Then how did they win the war?

I am sure you will concede that it was not by playing marbles.

You didnt need guns, the main reason that you guys won was because of the one and only traitor Nawaz sharif, who cr@ped his pants in front of clinton.

Read three pages of this thread on tiger hill's highest peak.. as per the information presented, it is under PA's control, and as claimed by Pakistani members it was captured by PA in Kargil War,
But didn't the innocent government of pakistan claim that Kargil war was fought between Kashmiri Mujhahideen and the Indian Army ,, how did PA capture Tiger Hill then???????

P.S. In Kargil, coward insurgents crept into Indian territory, They did not capture anything

Read three pages of this thread on tiger hill's highest peak.. as per the information presented, it is under PA's control, and as claimed by Pakistani members it was captured by PA in Kargil War,
But didn't the innocent government of pakistan claim that Kargil war was fought between Kashmiri Mujhahideen and the Indian Army ,, how did PA capture Tiger Hill then???????

P.S. In Kargil, coward insurgents crept into Indian territory, They did not capture anything

Some cowards they were indeed kicked your armies @$$ for what it was worth.

Didnt like it now did you, so be careful when you talk about it the next time. Because if you cannot respect our jawans then dont expect.

do not throw stone when u are in glass tower. The men sitting there are in a glass tower. They know they should not throw any stones. Otherwise people who fire as hobby in poonch wont sit quiet like that.

I had to reply to this... You know why... cuz I am basically from Poonch... rather, another 4.5 kilometers towards the Indo-Pak LOC... i.e the last village in Indian side on my side of the border :devil: ... and let me add to what you said...

There are many posts around Poonch .. raja-rani posts stand out... they are the two highest posts in the area are controlled by Pakistan (or now only one is... I don't remember exactly if it's one or both... been away from home for 10 years...Left after kargil, so I've seen those days as well) and then there are posts which are lower (and I can name them for doubting toms or military men who know the area) and are controlled by India... incidentally pakistan controlls both the high posts and India has lower positions... But, surprisingly, the moment a pakistani LMG opens it's mouth to cut off an Indian road (which connects us to our posts opposite to Haji peer range), the get bludgeoned by the posts around them...

Having a high posts has its great advantages, but if you are the only high post and surrounded by multiple enemy posts, there is no way that you can live happily to enjoy that height advantage... this is like the live example you see in the plains of Masai Mara (in the great plains of Africa) that while a Leopard takes its prey and jumps to a high tree, it still is alone... hyenas encircle it and make it loose the kill... So, to support your point, my friends Hight is great, but context is critical and divine :devil: for Indians from poonch especially...

BTW, the ability of people from poonch to fight back an enemy (from any height or strength) is another story for another day... we fought back Pakistani occupation tooth and nail in 1947, till Brigadier Pritam Singh arrived with cavalry and strengthened us to beat the intruders back... Happy to provide further material and pictures.... So, one/two posts overlooking Indian highways to Leh (and I didn't count the furce multiplier effect of incoming Globemasters etc) is good for surveillance, but beyond that, it's a 1 leopard vs a hyenas pack fight.. rest I am sure, readers are intelligent ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom