What's new

Highest Average IQ by Country (2016 update) | List 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt about that and I know China will produce even more geniuses in the future. But out of curiousity where was this "genius production" in 1918? Hibernating???
China was constantly attacked by European imperialists/colonialists and Japan.

China only needed 40 years of peace to flourish. From 1978-2018, China finally had decades of peace. Hence, industrialization occurred.

In contrast, Brazil has been peaceful since 1822 (without any attacks from Europeans or other outsiders). Yet, Brazil is not an industrialized country after almost 200 years of peace.

What's the difference between China and Brazil.

It COULD BE average country IQ.

For what it's worth guy's I think political/historical events are decisive factor in a countries evolution. IQ is found everywhere. It's like oxygen. But in some countries IQ is not cultivated and or is not rewarded. I know from my own experiance in Pakistan. The lying, cheating baskets will be in the police, the fallen cheats in the judicial system, incompetent poops running government departments and the guy cleaning the street or unemployed will be high IQ. In countries like Pakistan there is precious little meritocracy and this creates the mismatch between IQ and positions of power or influence.

Shanghai is now a multicultural city in China, and half of its residents are not native in Shanghai.

But Shanghai and its vicinity areas have produced a lot of academic genius, think about professor Ma Weiming and Pan Jianwei, they both come from the areas near Shanghai.
Considering that I live in China -- unlike Martian -- I am well aware of Shanghai's demographics. What you pointed out actually shows his conclusion that Shanghaiese are really smart is nonsense -- unless IQ is not genetic or hereditary but Jiangsu Zhejiang people become smarter when they enter Shanghai city limits.

Read again. I know I am low IQ but I never mentioned "recognition". What I said was if East Asia is the centre of human IQ supremacy where the hell has it been for the last 300 years? Hibernating???
Relentless wars waged by Europeans, Japanese, and Americans against China.

It started with the British Opium wars against China in the First Opium War (1839-1842).
Followed by British waging Second Opium War (1856-1860) against China.
Followed by Eight Nation Alliance war against China in 1900.
Followed by Japanese invasion of China in 1931.
Japan waged war against China from 1931-1945.
Followed by US forcing China into Korean War (1950-1953).
Followed by US forcing China into an indirect war in Vietnam (1962-1974).

China could not industrialize while the country was constantly under attack.

Right. So the Norweigan's are dumber then Italians. Ah okay. :crazy:

They didn't sample/ground this "study" at all to begin with (and I'm going to go ahead and suspect the error bounds are pretty huge)....just like the earlier one that was being quoted everywhere all the time(that one at least had a body of literature past the data to read).

Even the source website for this one has a friggin trojan/virus on it...so yeah I'm not going there anymore.

Relentless
Justifications. Justifications. Justifications. To explain the hibernation of the much touted IQ. Guess what sunshine? Could it be other regions also have "relentless" reasons or justifications? Only in their case they are still in "the dark"?

The "relentless" reasons still persist?

Look. You're pretty dumb.

The issue being discussed is AVERAGE COUNTRY IQ.

Since we don't know the IQ of an individual Norwegian or Italian, the AVERAGE COUNTRY IQ does not apply.

Do you understand the difference? Average IQ is a quality that is attributable to a country, not an individual.

Ok, I have a counter theory here: A country can have lower than average IQ, but still can have a major industrial output.

Ask me how?

It is simple, if the will is there, hire the smartest brains around the world, bring them to your country, pay them handsomly etc.

USA has shown it to the world by assembling smart brains from every country, they don't need very high IQ as a nation for that, :azn:

This seems to be a model to be followed by other Western countries as well. Brain drain for the poor countries, high industrial output for the West.

PS: By "smart people" I don't necessarily mean people with "high IQ".

Ok, I have a counter theory here: A country can have lower than average IQ, but still can have a major industrial output.

Ask me how?

It is simple, if the will is there, hire the smartest brains around the world, bring them to your country, pay them handsomly etc.

USA has shown it to the world by assembling smart brains from every country, they don't need very high IQ as a nation for that, :azn:

This seems to be a model to be followed by other Western countries as well. Brain drain for the poor countries, high industrial output for the West.

PS: By "smart people" I don't necessarily mean people with "high IQ".
Interesting idea, but I don't think it will work.

The foreign talent speaks a different language. When they decide to leave, they take all of their expertise with them.

You are back to square one. The country is still not industrialized.
----------

Look around the world. Has any country made substantial progress toward industrialization in the last 10 years? The answer is no.

What we want to know is why.

Though some of you don't like the answer, it could be average country IQ.

Interesting idea, but I don't think it will work.

The foreign talent speaks a different language. When they decide to leave, they take all of their expertise with them.

You are back to square one. The country is still not industrialized.

USA is the shining example right before our eyes.

All those German, Polish, Russian, Romanian immigrants (among others) are the main reason why Yanks are technologically so advanced today.

Just for the record. As far as I am concerned Pakistani's are some of the smartest people in the world. I see it in UK. Even the ones with no education pull of incredible stunts and pull wool over eyes of the educated. But Pakistani's have one major social/cultural weakness. They can't operate together in a large body as a team. Each man is out for himself. And he will chop others to get to the top. And this is reflected in Pakistan. In short Pakistan are "too clever by 'arf".

USA is the shining example right before our eyes.

All those German, Polish, Russian, Romanian immigrants (among others) are the main reason why Yanks are technologically so advanced today.
No. The vast majority of American patents and inventions were made by Americans.

Wright Brothers, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom