What's new

Highest Average IQ by Country (2016 update) | List 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are making a logical error.

I never said a high average IQ was sufficient for industrialization.

I'm suggesting high aveage IQ is a pre-requisite for industrialization.

Having a high average IQ and a BAD POLITICAL SYSTEM (like China in the past) can hinder industrialization.

Having a low average IQ and all other pre-requisites (such as a stable political system and functioning economy) can still lead to non-industrialization.

I agree here.

Turkey is not more developed than China.

China has a non-market-determined currency. The "nominal" GDP for China doesn't mean a thing. It is whatever the Chinese government decides is an appropriate exchange rate to help its small and medium-size exporters.

If you look at GDP PPP capita, which is the actual purchasing power of the common man, then Turkey is at 27,000 US dollars and China is at 16,000 US dollars.

Turkey is more developed than China is now and they are both growing at pretty much similar rates in GDP.

I agree here.

If you look at GDP PPP capita, which is the actual purchasing power of the common man, then Turkey is at 27,000 US dollars and China is at 16,000 US dollars.

Turkey is more developed than China is now and they are both growing at pretty much similar rates in GDP.
PPP per capita has absolutely no effect on industrialization.

Turkey has an artificially high standards of living, because of tremendous deficit spending (that is NOT SUSTAINABLE).

Turkey’s trade deficit widens 38 percent to $77 billion in 2017: Ministry | Hurriyet Daily News (January 2, 2018)

Russia never made into the information age. Russia can't produce information technology products or computer chips.

When did Turkey become industrialized? Turkey can't build anything technologically sophisticated.

Russia cant make technological products wtf. Turkey cant too wtf. This is news.

Fine. You tell me what nanometer computer chips that Russia can manufacture.

China's SMIC is currently at 28nm and moving to 14nm later this year.

With 28nm in production, SMIC is moving forward on 14nm | SIMM Tester (June 28, 2017)

"Semiconductor Manufacturing International's (SMIC) 28nm HKMG process has entered its mass production stage, according to company CEO Haijun Zhao. SMIC will move forward making chips using a newer 14nm process in 2018, said Zhao."

I said Turkey cannot build bullet trains, nuclear reactors, space-ships, nuclear reactors, etc.

If you disagree, name the high-tech products that Turkey manufactures.

Yeh the UK at 100 (15)

but western world give Russia all its tech behind the scenes . it can make transistors computer chips
Fine. You tell me what nanometer chips that Russia can manufacture.

I said Turkey cannot build bullet trains, nuclear reactors, space-ships, nuclear reactors, etc.

If you disagree, name the high-tech products that Turkey manufactures.

No it not that i just always assumed that Russia and turkey can produce their own technology. I read a book it called western technology and soviet economic development which described transfer of tech to soviet union.
Maybe in the past then not today for Russia since fall of soviet union.

PPP per capita has absolutely no effect on industrialization.

Turkey has an artificially high standards of living, because of tremendous deficit spending (that is NOT SUSTAINABLE).

Turkey’s trade deficit widens 38 percent to $77 billion in 2017: Ministry | Hurriyet Daily News (January 2, 2018)

You cannot compare Turkey(80 million) with China(1.3 billion) in terms of technology.

Is Germany not a developed country like US is, even though US has far more technology as it is many times bigger?

https://thenextweb.com/insider/2017...mputers-based-indigenous-elbrus-8s-processor/

Russian state-owned technology Ruselectronics has demonstrated the first computers running its own domestic Elbrus-8S silicon.

The Elbrus-8S packs eight cores, and is manufactured using a 28 nanometer process. In comparison, the current-generation Intel Kaby Lake processors use a 14-nanometer process.

According to Ruselectronics, the chip is between three and five times faster than the previous Elbrus-4S processor, and has I/O channels that are eight times higher.

The Elbrus-4S, which came out in 2015, was sharply derided in the tech press for slow performance, with PC World editor Mark Hachman comparing it a CPU from 1999. While the Elbrus-8S doesn’t compare to contemporary Intel and AMD silicon, it does represent a significant leap forward.

You cannot compare Turkey(80 million) with China(1.3 billion) in terms of technology.

Is Germany not a developed country like US is, even though US has far more technology as it is many times bigger?
Germany is strong in cars, industrial machinery (SIEMENS), software (SAP), chemicals (BASF), etc.

While the US is clearly more advanced technologically, Germany is considered an industrialized country.

There isn't a hard definition, but if you can build a sufficient number of technologically-sophisticated products then the general consensus is that a country is industrialized.

https://thenextweb.com/insider/2017...mputers-based-indigenous-elbrus-8s-processor/

Russian state-owned technology Ruselectronics has demonstrated the first computers running its own domestic Elbrus-8S silicon.

The Elbrus-8S packs eight cores, and is manufactured using a 28 nanometer process. In comparison, the current-generation Intel Kaby Lake processors use a 14-nanometer process.

According to Ruselectronics, the chip is between three and five times faster than the previous Elbrus-4S processor, and has I/O channels that are eight times higher.

The Elbrus-4S, which came out in 2015, was sharply derided in the tech press for slow performance, with PC World editor Mark Hachman comparing it a CPU from 1999. While the Elbrus-8S doesn’t compare to contemporary Intel and AMD silicon, it does represent a significant leap forward.
I think Europe's ST Microelectronics probably manufactures the Russian CPU on a foundry/contractual basis.

I'm not aware of a Russian manufacturing plant for semiconductor chips.

A semiconductor manufacturing plant costs billions of dollars. I've never heard of a Russian multibillion-dollar semiconductor manufacturing plant.

china has an average IQ of 105
https://iq-research.info/en/page/average-iq-by-country#

that 100 iq of china came from Richard Lynn' work, he revised the old data 100 to 105 for china. Shanghai has the highest iq data converting from PISA test, around 115
I don't think it really matters.

Whether it's 100 or 105, it's definitely on the high side.

I care more about the correlation between high average IQ and industrialization.

How important is a high average IQ to industrialization? If it is a necessary component then industrialization will be very difficult for lower average IQ countries.

If high average IQ accelerates industrialization, but is not "absolutely" necessary then there is still hope for lower average IQ countries.

This is the interesting drama of our times.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-computers-only-use-US-made-processors

Why couldn't any country build microprocessors like Intel and AMD? Why do computers only use US-made processors?

A good question. I’m not an expert, and let me try to answer this in some naive perspective.

1. To clarify firstly, other countries do build their own microprocessors
    1. China’s Longson - Loongson
    2. Russia's homegrown Elbrus processor and PC would be fantastic
    3. List of Russian microprocessors
  2. Microprocessor is indeed a very high-tech product, generally in two-fold:
    1. Although much is known/public about microprocessor design, the specific technologies/details of making a microprocessor competitive in performance and power are just secrets well kept by Intel/AMD
    2. Even if one figured out all the details/secrets of the logic here, making a functional equivalent RTL, the translation from RTL to the physical, and the manufacturing process is definitely black ART here, which is also very difficult to reverse engineer. There are reasons why Intel/AMD CPUs can hit up to 4GHz and still keep power consumption sane, compare this with China’s Longson running at a lame 1GHz, and Russian’s Elbrus at 900MHz
  3. It’s the net result of trillions dollars’ R&D investment along the 40+ years, with a whole market and ecosystem to support. Any sane country will probably think twice before making a decision to make a home-grown microprocessor to compete with the ones that are state of the art. It would simply be much more economic to just purchase those microprocessors commercial wise.
Also, we shall see, with things like ARM’s licensing model, the gap is being much smaller, whoever wants a home-grown CPU can simply rely on the licensing model, taking the CPU core from ARM, and other IPs from those IP vendors, tape out with TSMC, and ta da - you have a decent microprocessor, not necessarily as performant as Intel’s, but would be sufficient in most cases.

Now China/Russia would still keep investing on home-grown microprocessors, but mostly for military/security consideration.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-computers-only-use-US-made-processors

Why couldn't any country build microprocessors like Intel and AMD? Why do computers only use US-made processors?

A good question. I’m not an expert, and let me try to answer this in some naive perspective.

1. To clarify firstly, other countries do build their own microprocessors
    1. China’s Longson - Loongson
    2. Russia's homegrown Elbrus processor and PC would be fantastic
    3. List of Russian microprocessors
  2. Microprocessor is indeed a very high-tech product, generally in two-fold:
    1. Although much is known/public about microprocessor design, the specific technologies/details of making a microprocessor competitive in performance and power are just secrets well kept by Intel/AMD
    2. Even if one figured out all the details/secrets of the logic here, making a functional equivalent RTL, the translation from RTL to the physical, and the manufacturing process is definitely black ART here, which is also very difficult to reverse engineer. There are reasons why Intel/AMD CPUs can hit up to 4GHz and still keep power consumption sane, compare this with China’s Longson running at a lame 1GHz, and Russian’s Elbrus at 900MHz
  3. It’s the net result of trillions dollars’ R&D investment along the 40+ years, with a whole market and ecosystem to support. Any sane country will probably think twice before making a decision to make a home-grown microprocessor to compete with the ones that are state of the art. It would simply be much more economic to just purchase those microprocessors commercial wise.
Also, we shall see, with things like ARM’s licensing model, the gap is being much smaller, whoever wants a home-grown CPU can simply rely on the licensing model, taking the CPU core from ARM, and other IPs from those IP vendors, tape out with TSMC, and ta da - you have a decent microprocessor, not necessarily as performant as Intel’s, but would be sufficient in most cases.

Now China/Russia would still keep investing on home-grown microprocessors, but mostly for military/security consideration.
Do me a favor. Don't quote QUORA. Those are opinions that anyone can write.

Cite mainstream reliable sources only.
----------

I don't care that the Russians licensed an ARM chip with multiple cores or whichever foreign company that they licensed it from.

I'm saying Russia CAN'T MANUFACTURE advanced semiconductor logic chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom