What's new

High Speed Trains in Pakistan

Even if they do manage to start such a project then it will probably be only for the upper class and the Sharif royal family.

With due respect, that would not be the case. Such a Project will have to be run commercially and it will only be viable as a commercial Project.

Now let's look at the objections raised by the Butthurt Indian trollers.

First of all this is not going to be an expensive project as claimed by these idiots because they don't understand the difference between a High Speed Train at the low spectrum of 125 MPH and one above 150 mph.

If we go for the high speed trains travelling at 125 MPH , the cost is minimal as we can use existing tracks with minor upgrade as opposed to 150 MPH HSR's which would require laying new tracks which can be quite expensive. Also keep in mind that the upgrade is only for short distances ( Lahore - Islamabad distance is only 236 Statute miles )

Now for the interest rates being harped by these trollers, I hate to burst their balloon but China has already offered soft loans with 1% interest rate on such Projects.

As for the Electricity, Pakistan has already started Construction on various Hydel and Nuclear Plants to bring 40 Gigawatt of electricity to our National grid in next 8 to 10 year time frame, so there will be plenty of Electricity available.

Like I said previously to all the Butthurt Indian Trollers, if you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread please refrain from derailing the Thread and in return I will send free Ointment and Suppositories to relieve the Butthurt.

:raise: uncle we should fix the basics first for instance education, electricity and gas (and increase our industries) and also work on our justice system which should be called injustice and banned! then only can we think of bullet trains! We dont even have a basic functional railway!

Yes dear Talon, but I think we should start demanding our Noora league to Multi-Task.

If their only accomplishment in five years boils down to one Project only, that is an abysmal performance.

Last edited:
Yes dear Talon, but I think we should start demanding our Noora league to Multi-Task.

If their only accomplishment in five years boils down to one Project only, that is an abysmal performance.

If they manage to bring peace and security that would be all they need for a next term...but soo far peace and security doesnt come when one keeps counting the change in his pocket!

It's funny because I pointed out two important issues, one of shortage of electricity and the other of demand for such expensive mode of transportation only to get the OP all riled up. Maglev trains have very high power consumption and starting from the tracks and the carts to maintenance everything about is highly expensive. It is a luxury not a necessity. In a country with both cash and power shortage like Pakistan, talking about building HSR is as absurd as it gets. Why wouldn't you first fix the existing railways and make it efficient? Even a country like the US doesn't have HSR yet. And get this idea, the plan is to raise money by selling bonds (obviously with very high interest rates) and then run the trains only once or twice a day depending on its demand. I mean how stupid is that!

Read Posts 90 and 91, Mr. Troller.

It is not an expensive Project since we will be using existing tracks with minor upgrade as the planned speed is at the lower spectrum of what is considered high speed.

and no the interest rates won't be high as we have soft loans from China at 1%. Bonds can be sold at much lower interest rates with the Govt. of Pakistan guaranteeing these Bond issues.

There will be plenty of Electricity available as 40 Gigawatt of Electricity is coming on line in next ten years which is how long it will take for this project to materialize.

Would you like for me to send you some medication to relieve your Butthurt situation.

Yes , I did mean Gigawatt ( a gigawatt is a 1000 Megawatt ).

We have Dams that are under construction which will bring on 27,400 Megawatt ( or 27.4 Gigawatt ) to the National Grid in next 10 years. We will also have 8,800 Megawatt ( 8.8 Gigawatt ) of Electricity generated by Nuclear Plants in this time period. Further more there are another 5000 Megawatt of planned Electricity planned through Wind and solar Projects in the same time period. Construction on most of these projects has already started on in Process of starting in near future asthese plans have already been approved and funding has already been acquired or earmarked.

We have not only done the Math , the funding has been arranged and General Contractors have already been assigned the Contracts, so your math calculations is a mute point at this stage. Sorry for the Butt hurt you are feeling, I could recommend some Hemorrhoidal ointment or suppositories for the Pain.

OK - was just saying and making you aware of the actual costs.

Also, good luck to your excellent maths knowledge and funding estimates - which will also come via debt bonds for the 120 billion USD or so that's needed if I am not wrong.

Read Posts 90 and 91, Mr. Troller.

It is not an expensive Project since we will be using existing tracks with minor upgrade as the planned speed is at the lower spectrum of what is considered high speed.

and no the interest rates won't be high as we have soft loans from China at 1%. Bonds can be sold at much lower interest rates with the Govt. of Pakistan guaranteeing these Bond issues.

There will be plenty of Electricity available as 40 Gigawatt of Electricity is coming on line in next ten years which is how long it will take for this project to materialize.

Would you like for me to send you some medication to relieve your Butthurt situation.

I think now I know why you are acting like a whiny kid, has to be this thread. When a Pakistani wore a Pakistani shirt in Bangladesh | Page 4

It's ok. You can go about assuming whatever role you want on the internet, I don't care. Last year I remember you claimed to be a professor in New York and on this thread you became a businessman. I was merely asking you for an explanation about how you managed to resign from PAF at the age of 22. It could be anything, could be medical reasons too. But you don't seem to have one. If it's something that you don't want to reveal, that's entirely fine, just say that you don't want me to know it instead of acting like a fretful child. I would understand that.

And yeah good luck with your High Speed Railways and getting cheap bonds from China to build it!!

I have to admit here that initially I was thinking of "real" HSR, with 250-300 km/h speed, whether meglev or traditional, and not 125 km/h trains. 125 km/h might be possible.

Last edited:
Good I am going to have to use these lines when I see you on threads related to India.

These people actually over obsess with India as if they have something to do with us!

I think now I know why you are acting like a whiny kid, has to be this thread. When a Pakistani wore a Pakistani shirt in Bangladesh | Page 4

It's ok. You can go about assuming whatever role you want on the internet, I don't care. Last year I remember you claimed to be a professor in New York and on this thread you became a businessman. I was merely asking for an explanation about how you managed to resign from PAF at the age of 22. You don't seem to have one. If it's something that you don't want to reveal, that's entirely fine, just say that you don't want me to know instead of acting like a fretful child. I would understand that.

And yeah good luck with your High Speed Railways and getting cheap bonds from China to build it!!

I have to admit here that initially I was thinking of "real" HSR, with 250-300 km/h speed, whether meglev or traditional, and not 125 km/h trains. 125 km/h might be possible.

This was not the only instance. This actually seems an extreme case even within a land of identity crisis.

E.g. he claims to be "white American" claiming to look down on "South Asians" (including Pakistanis), claims to be Mughal prince (when we know all Mughal princes were shot down naked), claims to have 34 generations buried in Delhi.

Now even if one takes the period of 1640s to 1947 (300 odd years) that would come to an amazing one generation every 10 years!

We have to really ponder on how that exactly works. ;)

It's ok. You can go about assuming whatever role you want on the internet, I don't care. Last year I remember you claimed to be a professor in New York and on this thread you became a businessman. I was merely asking for an explanation about how you managed to resign from PAF at the age of 22. You don't seem to have one. If it's something that you don't want to reveal, that's entirely fine, just say that you don't want me to know instead of acting like a fretful child. I would understand that.

Can a person have more than one Profession , simultaneously...

In my life I have had more than 10 distinctly separate Professions.

In your convoluted mind people are compartmentalized as having one or the other.

It is not that I don't have an answer for you but the fact that you are not "entitled " to one. why is my life any of your damn business and why the fock are you so fukkin obsessed by me. Get a damn life and stop being obsessed by me. I counted six posts you had posted on that one thread asking me personal questions even though I ignored you throughout. This is called an obsession and it relates to your Mental Health ( or lack of it ). In any event , get some damn help before you become Certifiable " Looney ".

Last edited:
Can a person have more than one Profession , simultaneously...

In my lie I have had more than 10 distinctly separate Professions.

In your convoluted mind people are compartmentalized as one or the other.

It is not that I don't have an answer for you but the fact that you are not "entitled " to one. why is my life any of your damn business and why the fock are you so fukkin obsessed by me. Get a damn life and stop being obsessed by me. I counted six posts you had posted on that one thread asking me personal questions even though I ignored you throughout. This is called an obsession and it relates to your Mental Health ( or lack of it ). In any event , get some damn help before you become Certifiable " Looney ".

That's because when you claim to be a PAF pilot yourself one tends to get curious. And yes it is ok to ignore my posts but just don't act like a whiny bitch addressing me as troller and whatnot. Thanks.

Also FYI there is an ignore button here, you can choose to use that if you don't like someone.

These people actually over obsess with India as if they have something to do with us! ;)

It is not us who are obsessed by you lot. it is the other way around , odious one.

You are in our domain uninvited, obsessing over Pakistan. So now who is obsessed by whom ?

I don't remember once visiting your PATHETIC Indian Defence Forum ( wahan per ullo bool rehay hotay hein).

Do us a huge favour an stop your Obsession over Pakistan and make your unwelcomed selves disappear.

I don't remember you or your kind being sent any " Invitation Cards ".

You guys are like Shameless " Gate Crashers " at someone else's Party.....:rofl:

Now SHHOOOOOOOO oh Shameless ones.......:guns:

It is not us who are obsessed by you lot. it is the other way around , odious one.

You are in our domain uninvited, obsessing over Pakistan. So now who is obsessed by whom ?

I don't remember once visiting your PATHETIC Indian Defence Forum ( wahan per ullo bool rehay hotay hein).

Do us a huge favour an stop your Obsession over Pakistan and make your unwelcomed selves disappear.

I don't remember you or your kind being sent any " Invitation Cards ".

You guys are like Shameless " Gate Crashers " at someone else's Party.....:rofl:

Now SHHOOOOOOOO oh Shameless ones.......:guns:

Actually that bhongi vinod aka pig head always talk about Pak obession with India. Ignoring that dumb **** is posting on PDF since 2007 with over 10.000 posts! Not to forget there are more PDF Indians then Pakistanis here.

Another interesting stat, PDF is more popular in India then another Indian defence forum :rofl: Indian defence forums has become ghost town :dance3:

Last edited:
These people actually over obsess with India as if they have something to do with us!

This was not the only instance. This actually seems an extreme case even within a land of identity crisis.

E.g. he claims to be "white American" claiming to look down on "South Asians" (including Pakistanis), claims to be Mughal prince (when we know all Mughal princes were shot down naked), claims to have 34 generations buried in Delhi.

Now even if one takes the period of 1640s to 1947 (300 odd years) that would come to an amazing one generation every 10 years!

We have to really ponder on how that exactly works. ;)

why r u indians trolling here?

Actually that bhongi vinod aka pig head always talk about Pak obession with India. Ignoring that dumb **** is posting on PDF since 2007 with over 10.000 posts! Not to forget there are more PDF Indians then Pakistanis here.

Another interesting stat, PDF is more popular in India then another Indian defence forum :rofl:

I believe, a faster train service [ and one what @Pakistanisage is proposing ] mkes sense for the country, especially in Punjab

Infrastructure has to be revolutionized. Incremental innovation will not work here. Too much corruption. Something radical must be done.

Punjab in Pakistan is a compact province.

why r u indians trolling here?

I believe, a faster train service [ and one what @Pakistanisage is proposing ] mkes sense for the country, especially in Punjab

Infrastructure has to be revolutionized. Incremental innovation will not work here. Too much corruption. Something radical must be done.

Punjab in Pakistan is a compact province.

Nawaz promise was bullet train from Karachi to Peshawar, which pretty much cover all the Pakistan.

Some Pakistani member said that the Metro Bus is Ghupla.

How is that? So many people in Lahore are benefiting. And their lives have improved. With the passage of time, we will see the fruits.

Firstly government should provide to people basic needs ..............

Hi,

2 1/2 to 3 hrs is a good run time between lahore islamabad---you leave at 6:00 am and be in isloo at 9:00 am---4 trains running every half hr---then coming back starting at 5:00 pm .

Super express used to start from lahore at around 4:00 pm and reach karachi around 6:30 am.

Expressways and railroads are a must for a successful economy---. It is a right of a citizen to have a comfortable source of tarvel and it is the obligation of the govt to provide the citizens with an appropriate form of sources of transportation

I agree, but with the improvement of the highways in Punjab and Motorways, people can easily travel by car. More and more people are able to buy them. So railways will always remain on the backburner. I enjoy driving on the roads in Punjab. Just a different feel to it.

Back
Top Bottom