High resolution pictures of JF-17

01d1gprc

01d1ch9d

01d1krbz

01d16pdh

01d1szdq

01d10sf8

01d1944d

I visit this excellent thread at least once a week and keep wondering why this ship was designed under powered and with such short legs - and imagine it with 2 engines

I visit this excellent thread at least once a week and keep wondering why this ship was designed under powered and with such short legs - and imagine it with 2 engines

Chinese are not mature yet in engine development. Russians will only give specific engines.

Yes -- but you know even with the proposed Chinese engine, at least what we know of it as on now (10% increase in thrust) it will still be underpowered - but one can dream, I suppose.

The answer is simple: to keeps costs down as much as possible while retaining as much of performance as possible. The JF-17 represents an excellent compromise according to PAF's needs.

Engine technology is very expensive, and dual-engine planes are more expensive to buy, maintain and use. What good is a better plane that we cannot afford?

The answer is simple: to keeps costs down as much as possible while retaining as much of performance as possible. The JF-17 represents an excellent compromise according to PAF's needs.

Engine technology is very expensive, and dual-engine planes are more expensive to buy, maintain and use. What good is a better plane that we cannot afford?

Come on now, please think - all we hear from Pakistanis is their concern for costs, as if the purpose of the Air Force is to keep costs down - get propeller driven aircraft, keep your costs down, heck just do away with the Air force and reduce costs even further -- Armed Forces are maintained to give the state the ability to assert itself over adversaries - but if cost effectiveness is the criteria and not capabilities, then we have a problem --

Some argue that we cannot afford better more capabilities -- can we afford to not have them??

Come on now, please think - all we hear from Pakistanis is their concern for costs, as if the purpose of the Air Force is to keep costs down - get propeller driven aircraft, keep your costs down, heck just do away with the Air force and reduce costs even further -- Armed Forces are maintained to give the state the ability to assert itself over adversaries - but if cost effectiveness is the criteria and not capabilities, then we have a problem --

Some argue that we cannot afford better more capabilities -- can we afford to not have them??

Sir, "cost effectiveness" by definition means the best possible performance for the best affordable cost. We may want, indeed need, more capabilities, but we cannot afford them. You are correct we may have a problem, and it is called "the economy".

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom