What's new

High Mark 2016 Motorway Touchdown

For years I've proposed the K-8 be given sub-sonic point defense and light ground attack role. I think that is now happening. That adds another 100 point defense and light ground attack aircrafts to the PAF inventory. A Sidewinder fired from K-8 or an F-16, doesn't care about the launching platform. It cares about the lock its chasing after and takes it out. So excellent decision by the PAF. They can further improve these with a couple more hard points.

0a8c871f237bad1d5608c93bb84c7716.jpg

Should be placed on the motorway right now

During an exercise which is all over the internet anyway?

Its not all over the motorway. They are chosen sections. By putting these signs on, you'll be breaching the confidentiality of these patches to be used as quick runways.

Its 120 Km/h.
But speed detection cameras of motorway police usually detects over speeding at 128 Km/h.
They catch you if your going over 130.

Even if it's 131.

How do I know ? 2 days back I was going exactly at 130 cruising mode and the cops with cameras didn't stop me.

And at night they don't even bother because they don't have night capable cams.

That's near shiekhupura.

Last night at about 2am while i was drooling, there was a sound like someone tearing a cloth in front of a mic and the loudspeaker placed near my ear. I literally jumped from my sleeping position. After a few seconds, i was able to realized from my sleepy head that it were the mki s. Just as i was going to sleep againg, there was this sound "crack, crack........booooom..screeeeeeeeeeeeetch!!!" The windows ratteled, my bed shook, an aluminium flower vase fell...it was a chaos...as if an earthquake.just as my adrenaline rush sot off and my body hair straight as a frightened cat, there was one again,"screeeeeeeeetch...boom...screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch". My home being on one of the easternmost part of india, i was sure, china has crossed the border. A almost teared my mosquito net and ran to our frontyard lawn to see whats happening. My neighbours and all my family members were all in the out gazing at the cloudy night sky . everyone was busy tapping their phone to see if war has broke. we here are accustomed to the loud sound of jet at any time , be it day or night. But what the iaf gave us last night was beyond words. We have been hearing news of iaf breaking the barrier in these part since tuesday. Even as i write, there is an mki making rounds above but at a very altitude.

I personally appreciate the motor way system. Nice pics above. We have been badly waiting for similar road here in my state of ne india. Now they are close to completion of the concrete 4lane nh37 or the at road. Though it has not reached my district yet, but the project will be completed in about 5years. Lucky for you guys having this world class expresswaybup and running.:-)

I am surprised not to see the jf-17 doing landing runs from the motorway, though it has the shortest takeoff and landing run and a rugged landing gear that was designed for this purpose.

Back
Top Bottom